collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon 20th Anniversary! Get Meloetta Via Nintendo Network  (Read 172894 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pokemon 20th Anniversary!
« Reply #420 on: February 28, 2016, 01:22:39 PM »
AHHHHHH I just found a shiny Horsea! I JUST started fishing! 37 encounters between the two rocks on 133 north! I was not chain fishing, just fishing, since there are like 2 other pokemon to catch on that super rod.
:frolic:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tadah! My shiny Horsea! I captured her in a Heal Ball since her Kingrda shiny version is PINK! x3 *and you guys know how much i love pink pretty shiny stuff!*

Here all all my shinies I have found within a month! :heart:

Almost complete trading all my mons over to X version! I have to find that guy from Canada over on chatango to see if he will be kind enough to trade and trade back over his shaymin, arceus, and darkrai again! I need shiny charm in X version ASAP! I want to find my own shiny Lapras and Dratini so darn bad!
:drunk:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 03:31:15 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 28, 2016, 03:51:51 PM »
Wow, Princess Lala. I thought I was incredibly lucky for running into one shiny (Tauros) in X. I also remember running into a shiny Onyx in one of my IRL friend's Friend Safari, right as I was walking out thinking there was nothing of interest there.

I caught both of them, plus a shiny Relicanth that I got first through that chain fishing method, which is, of course, a lot less special.

|My Collection|

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 28, 2016, 05:54:10 PM »
Awww, Lala I love your Eevee and Absol! I'm a filthy hacker so my shinies are all made in Pokegen(I don't think it's a big deal since I don't give them any ridiculous attacks or anything like that). Still, I love them just the same as my others~
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 28, 2016, 06:09:53 PM »
AHHHHHH I just found a shiny Horsea! I JUST started fishing! 37 encounters between the two rocks on 133 north! I was not chain fishing, just fishing, since there are like 2 other pokemon to catch on that super rod.
:frolic:

Tadah! My shiny Horsea! I captured her in a Heal Ball since her Kingrda shiny version is PINK! x3 *and you guys know how much i love pink pretty shiny stuff!*

Here all all my shinies I have found within a month! :heart:

Almost complete trading all my mons over to X version! I have to find that guy from Canada over on chatango to see if he will be kind enough to trade and trade back over his shaymin, arceus, and darkrai again! I need shiny charm in X version ASAP! I want to find my own shiny Lapras and Dratini so darn bad!
:drunk:

All those shinies. :) It'd be like a dream to see a shiny for me since I'm not that dedicated of a player.
I got a shiny eevee over WT today. I about died. <3 So cute.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Princess Lala

« Reply #424 on: February 29, 2016, 06:30:38 AM »
Wow, Princess Lala. I thought I was incredibly lucky for running into one shiny (Tauros) in X. I also remember running into a shiny Onyx in one of my IRL friend's Friend Safari, right as I was walking out thinking there was nothing of interest there.

I caught both of them, plus a shiny Relicanth that I got first through that chain fishing method, which is, of course, a lot less special.

Actually that makes you luckier than me! Finding shinies without a shiny charm is craaaaazy good luck! I tried shiny hunting since AS came out and i have only been able to find a shiny Ralts (to my luck it was a female) and before that a random shiny carvanah without the shiny charm! I stil lthink chain fishing is special- even magikarp! :heart:

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 29, 2016, 06:36:06 AM »
>-> I don't want to tell how many I have...

Also congrats LaLa!

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Princess Lala

« Reply #426 on: February 29, 2016, 06:39:41 AM »
Awww, Lala I love your Eevee and Absol! I'm a filthy hacker so my shinies are all made in Pokegen(I don't think it's a big deal since I don't give them any ridiculous attacks or anything like that). Still, I love them just the same as my others~

Awe thanks!

Im such a chicken, to be honest im scared to ever cheat! xD I literally only found out about PokeGen a few weeks ago when several people i am following on my IG feed were freaking out about the pokegen being patched out in a new update. I personaly wouldnt have used it anyways, im paranoid about that stuff (im afraid of file corruption or a pokemon deleted through cheating!) I think the biggest reason i have never cheated with Action Replay or power save because i absolutely love the hunts. Its really fun to chain pokemon hoping every pokemon you run into is a shiny! Absol is probably the easiest shiny I have ever gotten through hunting because the grass on its route is a huge area! On my first try I chained i think around 40 something and got one no problem! :3 i ran into a wild shiny skitty before right after eevee, but it was out of luck because i was just passing through the grass!

Post Merge: February 29, 2016, 06:43:33 AM

@banditpony awe you should totally try it sometime! Even if it's magikarp, feebas, its really fun! I promise if you keep trying you will eventually find one! :heart: Horde encounters (through sweet scent) are an easy way to hunt! If you ever want to find a shiny, i would be more than happy to give you detailed tips! I want other people to find shiny pokemon too! Its a blast!

@pikashoes: OMG i would LOVE to know how many you actually have! At least in XY/ORAS? IIRC you are a serious wild-encounter shiny pokemon hunter too? :bateyes:

*i still haven't tried MM method* I really wish i knew all this fancy technology stuff becaue eI would LOVE to do shiny hunt livestreams on YT! I probably need some fancy nintendo program....meh...all i can do is make videos on my IG of my encounters and captures but i would love to show people my favorite spots to hunt like how people do in livestreams!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 06:54:18 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 29, 2016, 07:12:16 AM »

Actually that makes you luckier than me! Finding shinies without a shiny charm is craaaaazy good luck! I tried shiny hunting since AS came out and i have only been able to find a shiny Ralts (to my luck it was a female) and before that a random shiny carvanah without the shiny charm! I stil lthink chain fishing is special- even magikarp! :heart:

Oh, a Shiny Charm? I don't even know what that is. Lol.

I was shocked to find my shinies in X. The only previous experience I had with a shiny was in Gold/Silver/Crystal (no, not the Gyrados!). I remember it being something like a Weedle, and seeing that shine on the screen. I had no idea what it meant back then and I didn't catch it. >.<

Anyway... Anyone still have Mews they can give away? I couldn't make it to Gamestop this month. >.<

|My Collection|

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 29, 2016, 07:15:52 AM »
Let's put it this way, when X and Y came out, I've spent over 999.99 hours... 300+ on ORAS.  :blush:
I have 102 shiny pokemon I've caught and hatched myself. None of them have been hacked in anyway.
*runs away in shame*

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 29, 2016, 07:18:19 AM »
Let's put it this way, when X and Y came out, I've spent over 999.99 hours... 300+ on ORAS.  :blush:
I have 102 shiny pokemon I've caught and hatched myself. None of them have been hacked in anyway.
*runs away in shame*

That's amazing!!!!

@lala :) I'm more than happy for any tips. Catching a shiny, even 1, has always been a dream for me :D I'm just not dedicated enough u.u

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 29, 2016, 07:44:18 AM »
There are tons of methods you can try, just takes time.
Horde Hunting
Easy
Taking a pokemon with Sweet Scent, using it and running into 5 pokemon at a time, run if no shiny and repeat.
Chaining
Difficult
Depending on the game; XY, using the pokedar, setting it off in a huge patch of grass will shake other smaller patches. Run to one patch and run into said pokemon, defeat or catch, never run or it will break your chain. Watch for the shakiest of grass and rum into it. Repeat.
ORAS is easier, similar method but you can choose what pokemon you want and sneak up on them and repeat.
Chain Fishing
Medium Difficulty
Find a patch of water you want, having a pokemon with suction cup ability (makes fishing more successful), use any rod you want, you can run away from battle without breaking your chain, repeat till shiny is found.
Safari Hunting
Easy
in XY you have the safari zone, you have 1 in 500 chance (I think?) to find a shiny. Just run around like a wild person, run away if no shiny, repeat till shiny is found.

This all takes time. Good luck!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 29, 2016, 07:55:29 AM »
Time... Sigh.
I guess in that case it won't happen

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 29, 2016, 07:56:44 AM »
I feel old too, especially since I was seven in 1998

I was a freshmen in college  :lookround:

and I have yet to even SEE a shiny.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Princess Lala

« Reply #433 on: February 29, 2016, 10:12:45 AM »
Ahhhhh I just came across this amazing picture on the internet. The internet is the closest thing to a time machine I swear!
http://www.actiontoys.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/charizardbattleset.jpg
*image not mine*

This is a SAME set of TOMYs I bought as a kiddo with my uncles golden $1 sacajawea coin collection at a Walmart! LOL! I remember a gold togepi set and a metallic silver mewtwo as well with different Pokemon in them! Oh maaaaaan this REALLY brings me back! Someday I have got to buy one of those sets online! I LOVE the original TOMY/Audely toys! I seriously remember buying that box set like it was only a few years ago- the charizard card was lenticular!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 29, 2016, 10:55:01 AM »
Can I get you to go shiny hunting for me? o.0

The last time I found a shiny it was in pearl and caught me by surprise. 

Im a bit reluctant to try to allocate my time towards it right now since I still need to hound my brother for the rest of the legendaries needed to complete the dex >>

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal