collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay sucks for sellers  (Read 1744 times)

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ebay sucks for sellers
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 04:04:53 PM »
I've always thought shipping cost was how much they charged you vs. how much they actually spent shipping it.

Least, that makes sense to me, cause if I see an item that costs x to ship, I'm already aware how much and if it's fair.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 08:16:38 PM »
I had no idea they could do that!!! Ebay is becoming more and more terrible ...

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 10:44:43 PM »
That's absolutely ridiculous. It should be common sense to A, look at the shipping cost, and B, know that international shipping is expensive.

Have you tried moving to Etsy? They have a better feedback system with the kiss and make up feature that allows you to negotiate with your buyer to change their rating from negative/neutral to positive.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 03:38:28 AM »
That's absolutely awful Zora  :hug: But it does not surprise me.

I honestly wish they would go back to the old feedback system, it was fair for everyone. The stars are unfair in so many ways. Ebay expects to much out of their small time sellers which are who made them who they are today.  I think they forget that.   I know I personally can't work any harder physically and emotionally on my ebay sales. And the only way to satisfy ebay buyers these days is to offer free shipping or basically give your items away. If I wanted to do that I would have a garage sale. But in that being said, in my opinion the real problem lies with uneducated buyers. If I have said it once I will say it again they need a 101 to buying guide on there that you have to take a test before they let you loose on their site.
Like...
1. Did you read the description?
2. Did you ask questions before hitting the bid/buy button?
3. Did you look at the shipping cost?
4. After looking at the shipping cost, did you still hit the bid or buy?
5. Have you checked recent shipping increases to your country?

Sorry I could go on and on but I will stop. Again I am sorry Zora that you became victim to their unfair system  :hug: 

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2013, 03:51:51 AM »
I'm sorry Zora. That's really not fair. :(
If they didn't like the shipping costs they shouldn't have bought the item in the first place. People can be so thoughtless sometimes!
I hope you can ship internationally again soon. :hug:

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 09:51:26 AM »
That's absolutely awful Zora  :hug: But it does not surprise me.

I honestly wish they would go back to the old feedback system, it was fair for everyone. The stars are unfair in so many ways. Ebay expects to much out of their small time sellers which are who made them who they are today.  I think they forget that.   I know I personally can't work any harder physically and emotionally on my ebay sales. And the only way to satisfy ebay buyers these days is to offer free shipping or basically give your items away. If I wanted to do that I would have a garage sale. But in that being said, in my opinion the real problem lies with uneducated buyers. If I have said it once I will say it again they need a 101 to buying guide on there that you have to take a test before they let you loose on their site.
Like...
1. Did you read the description?
2. Did you ask questions before hitting the bid/buy button?
3. Did you look at the shipping cost?
4. After looking at the shipping cost, did you still hit the bid or buy?
5. Have you checked recent shipping increases to your country?

Sorry I could go on and on but I will stop. Again I am sorry Zora that you became victim to their unfair system  :hug:

I couldn't agree more!!!  I've been really lucky so far and haven't been burned by any buyers but I feel that it is just a matter of time. :(  It seems that some buyers have unrealistic expectations especially when it comes to shipping time and shipping costs.  One buyer did bring my shipping time score down to 4.9 which means they must have left a 4 out of 5.  What bugs me is that I ship EVERY SINGLE DAY Monday- Saturday even though I have a three day handling window. :argh:

I really think you should discuss this more with ebay because it really isn't fair that they aren't letting you ship internationally. Good luck!
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 06:08:35 PM »
): Wow, I didn't know you could get banned for international for one awful person giving low stars.

I got docked stars for time when I sent a package out within 24 hours. ;_;* I HATE the star system because buyers don't know how to use it.

And even worse, everyone has shipping prices skewed because of the force of people to send for free. Everyone thinks it should be free to ship, and don't understand shipping prices aren't cheap! .... And international prices..... ugh, so many people don't understand that it's just expensive (especially from specific countries)! sigh.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 07:14:14 PM »
Ugh. I have things that I've been thinking about selling on eBay... But not anymore, I guess! Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

It's obnoxious. As somebody who doesn't use eBay often, I am subject to their policy of putting a hold on auction money. This means that shipping is always paid out-of-pocket. I can appreciate the importance of keeping the buyer base happy, but it's all at the cost of creating an environment that is absolutely unreasonable for sellers.

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2013, 03:57:21 PM »
apparently i am able to sell on ebay US again now as the stars feedback fell out of the calculation period of my rating.

when that happens you get an email from ebay, which sounds very ironic like: "hey, you can sell again, altough you are a bad seller and we had to ban you. lucky you!"

:P
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2013, 08:57:28 PM »
ebay has gotten so horrible for sellers its ridiculous, with that being said I have had a love hate relationship with them lol

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2013, 09:15:43 PM »
And this is exactly why I am trying to keep my sales to the Arena and local.  I used to be a silver powerseller, meaning I sold $3k a month total or more.  But fees got higher and there were more rules.  It was so stupid, so I quit it.  And then the stupid people.  I'm a server, and it makes me realize the same stupid people are on Ebay as are sitting in my restaurant.  "Why does my food take so long to get to my table when it's mother's day and the restaurant has a two hour wait for seating?!" is the same argument of, "Why does my package take so long to get here when I picked the cheapest(slowest) rate and I live three thousand miles away from you?!" 

People are stupid, and it's sad when I feel like I have a better safety net trading and selling here than touching ebay. 

The only issue is that I do not have the same outlet for selling some spare kimono.  It's ebay or etsy, so I may try Etsy here soon.  :sigh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal