collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SOLVED! noo! after all these mails ^^  (Read 2145 times)

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
SOLVED! noo! after all these mails ^^
« on: June 08, 2012, 01:00:19 AM »
i googled and found a pony which i was looking for in mint condition for a very long time (just regular lilac italian blossom, but she is in such a nice shape!) and wrote an email to the seller. we mailed about 10 times about the shipping costs and the pony price and everything. then everything was ok, she sent me the invoice and i asked for her bank account number. then she wrote back that she does not want to tell me her bank information because she was afraid of scammers!  :blink:

honestly, i do not think that i could do anything bad with her account information. i cant go to my bank and say: "oh please transfer 1000 eur form her account to mine." or something like this! i dont know what she is afraid of but i offered to send the money in an envelope to her.

now she doesnt mail back anymore :(

the seller is from the netherlands so there are some understanding problems too. i cant explain properly that there is no risk for her when i send her the money via bank transfer because she doesnt speak english very well.  >_<

EDIT: SOLVED! hokuspokus helped me to transfer the money to the seller - she also is from the netherlands and such a nice pony friend!  :lol:

big thanks to all of you for helping me!

special thanks to: cuteybina3 for translating and moondancer115 for helping me with the post website of the netherlands  :P
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 03:45:25 AM by zora »
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline CuteyBina3

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: noo! after all these mails to the netherlands :(
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 01:05:36 AM »
If you want you can PM me whatever you want to say to her, and I'll translate it for you, so you can sent the message in Dutch? :)

And there's indeed no danger in it.. only thing you can do is sent more money, thats not bad right? lol! :P

Offline zora

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 01:15:44 AM »
thank you! i sent a PM with the dutch mail she wrote me which i do not really understand :) maybe there is the information i need! :D

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 01:18:30 AM »
I would never give someone my bank acccount number either. I just wouldn't feel safe. Even though they don't have my password they could still guess at it and if they were professional enough they could make fake checks with it. Dangerous!

Is there some reason why you cannot use PayPal?

Offline zora

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 01:31:31 AM »
she doesnt have paypal.

for a transaction in austria we need the hand-signature of the person who makes the transaction OR the user-number PLUS the fat long password. and even if you have this user-number (which is not the account number) you could never guess this long password of random letters and numbers. and even if you could somehow guess it you need a PIN number to make a transaction. this pin can only be sent to my mobile phone so the person would have to know 2 numbers PLUS own my mobile phone to transfer money :) and even this all would happen: my bank has a program for protecting the customers so i would get my lost money back.

is it different in other countries??

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 01:47:38 AM »
What was she expecting since she doesn't use paypal? How else are you gonna pay her?  :blink:

And about transactions:I don't have a bank acc (not 18 yet), but my mom uses internet banking for which you have this security token device which generates new code for every log in, plus you have to enter device number. She was very sceptical (like towards everything that has to do with computers), but now finds it easier, faster and safer.

Maybe the seller is just a sceptical old(er) lady who is afraid of internet people  :lol:

Offline zora

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 01:55:11 AM »
i even offered to send it in an envelope, how unsafe could that be for her? :(

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 02:03:37 AM »
Ugh some people.
I have a italy blossom but she has a tail cut so she is not mint and dirty haha  >_<
Hope it will work out for you  ^.^

Offline CuteyBina3

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 02:03:47 AM »
Yeah i pmed you back.

You need signatures or log in info to use someone's bank account.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 07:09:17 AM »
is it different in other countries??

It doesn't work that way here. All I need to go to the bank and withdraw money is my account number, password, and an ID.

If someone was bold enough to make up a fake ID, they could probably manage it.

I guess it is a bit different everywhere. The passwords here, btw are only 6-18 digits or so, and you set them yourself. SO it isn't some randomly changing super secure code.

I'll give you an example of the trouble it can be.. My dad's truck got broken into because he didn't pay attention and he left his wallet sitting out.

The person who stole the wallet then called all of his credit cards and filed a change of address. Then reported them stolen so new ones would get mailed to him. He also called the bank and filed a change of address. He had the account number, my dads name, address, phone number. That was all he needed.

It took my dad several months to get that all sorted out. You just can't be too careful these days.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 07:36:30 AM »
Ahhh, every time you write a check to someone they get your account numbers and usually your addy...

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 08:07:50 AM »
I think it's pretty funny when people are iffy about bank account numbers. I worked for a long time as a fundraiser, and (in the UK at least) the *only* things you can do with someone's account number and bank sort code is put money *into* their account, or sign them up to a charity with their signature also. These details are printed on nearly every bank's cards, and are featured on every cheque you sign and give away, but people still don't get it...
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 09:18:39 AM »
I think it's pretty funny when people are iffy about bank account numbers. I worked for a long time as a fundraiser, and (in the UK at least) the *only* things you can do with someone's account number and bank sort code is put money *into* their account, or sign them up to a charity with their signature also. These details are printed on nearly every bank's cards, and are featured on every cheque you sign and give away, but people still don't get it...

Honestly a whole lot more can happen. For example you give your account number out...they can look up the banks routing number, make checks and clean out your bank account in one shopping trip.  Happens all of the time...its identity theft. I had this happen to me here in the USA and it was a huge mess. I had to file a police report and now many stores in town will not accept checks with my name on it because someone used them to steal from me and the store.  So, trust me.. a lot can go wrong with giving out your account number. I wouldn't do it. I would suggest to the seller to open paypal or take an international money order and if they aren't willing I would wait for the next pony.  I can't imagine identity theft issues would be any different in other countries.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline CuteyBina3

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 10:16:34 AM »
I think its different over here. I mean with creditcards its easy to commit fraude, but bank account nrs arent.. its real common here to buy/sell things online using bank transfers, cause alot of people dont use paypal or have CCs. :)

Offline zora

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 11:38:12 AM »
its a LOT different here in austria! if your wallet was stolen there is no chance that somebody can withdraw money with just your bank card :) if they steal my mobile phone AND my wallet they do not have my user number which is very long AND the password which is random AND the do not have the random generated pin codes. so they have no benefits of stealing these things. even if they would somehow know my pin for withdrawal at the ATM in austria they could just withdraw max. 500 eur because there is a limit on it for security. large amounts have to be withdrawn at the bank institute. PLUS we have security cameras on ALL ATMs.

now i understand why the seller is suspicious. and i was also told by hokuspokus that in the netherlands there is just the bank account number needed for money transfer. thats why she gave me just 1 number and i asked for the bank code which she wasnt willing to give me :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal