collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why do I love this one?!  (Read 1368 times)

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Why do I love this one?!
« on: April 13, 2013, 08:45:30 AM »
Ok, so I absolutely love white ponies - they are by far my favorite. 

I'm not big into pink.  I'm not big into pink ponies.  So someone tell me WHY I am completely in love with Galaxy?  :lovey: I've always loved Galaxy since I remember seeing her when I was little in the store...but I never got her in my childhood.  She was, however, one of the first ponies I bought on line way back in like 1998.  I just adore her.  It goes against every color combination that I actually would ever really want...but she's just so gorgeous.  I can't help it! 

North Star is kind of along the same lines for me!

Are you guys puzzled by some of the ponies you have fallen head over heels for?!?

nollilols

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Why do I love this one?!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:50:04 AM »
Yes, Snowflake! She's guady as heck, but I kinda love her! There's something so winter-y about her, and I think she'll match Powder (who I love) really nicely when I get the two of them together. I think of them as the G1 Christmas/Winter ponies, even though I know there actually is a specific Christmas pony!

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 11:54:29 AM »
This is exactly how I felt about Parasol xD She was in a big batch of ponies my friend was giving to me and I almost didn't take her at first until my fiend insisted...something about her sweet, kicked puppy-dog eyes tugged at my heartstrings, so I brought her home just to clean her up a bit.

OMG.

She is the gem of my G1 herd. I LOVE HER. And it's so strange too because she's pretty much everything I don't much care for in ponies. She's a G1 adult pony (when it comes to G1's I almost strictly collect babies except for very rare exceptions), she's an earth pony, she's got a rainbow theme AND she's got glitter on her cutie mark. Somehow, Parasol WORKS all of this (I'm actually starting to love glitter more and more on all ponies in general) and I'm so so so glad I didn't leave her behind!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 12:12:46 PM »
This is how I feel about orange ponies. I hate orange, but for some reason I do have a thing for ponies that are orange.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 03:17:44 PM »
Sunlight! In comparison to others of her set, others in her pose and just ponies in general she is a little dull. But I absolutely adore her!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Eaglefeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 05:05:57 PM »
One of the ponies that I absolutely love is Bubbles. Love her expression, colors, blaze, forlock, and pose. Some might say she's a little weird, but I adore her!  :) Usually I'm not a big fan of sitting horses.

Also, I'm not very sure why I like Merry Treat so much! Her symbol is odd if I think about it too much, but it kind of reminds me of a cookie. :)

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 05:14:11 PM »
G3 Amberlocks reminds me of a-... well, I won't say because it might come off ruder than I meant it to, but I love her to bits anyway.  And you know, she has close to the same colors that G1 Rapunzel has, but I don't like Rapunzel.  It's probably the pose, but I don't know for sure...

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
It's kind of weird.....cuz I love ponies with different shades of pink. But I don't like Galaxy that much.

I think it's all those really bright reds in her hair.....too 80s for me.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 05:20:17 PM »
For me, it's the first set of rainbow's... there's just something about them. Rainbow hair and those bare basics poses... I dunno. I also got a bit obsessive about getting twilight... who knows why!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 05:24:34 PM »
For me it is G1 Gusty.   A friend gave her to me as a gift when I was young.  Green is a color I don't much care for, so she didn't get played with much back then.   But now that I am older, I love this pony!   I still have that same one my friend gave me, and she is in very nice shape since she wasn't played with much.  I love her silky hair, green and all!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 06:23:26 PM »
I guess one for me would be G1 Raspberry Jam. Her pose is one of my most detested. I tend to not like purple and green together. If it were any other pony, I'd think she's ugly, but I love her for some reason. Perhaps it's my love for berry themed ponies? The whole Sweetberry set is a favorite of mine. Perhaps that's why I like her so much. I even like Boysenberry Pie, who also truly has some ugly colors if you ask me.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 06:25:14 PM »
My favorite pony is TAF Scoops, she is kind a boring pony when it comes to her colors. But she was my pride and joy when I got her as a kid. I did not want to play with her at all. She is still in almost new condition after all of these years. I also broke down and bought another one on ebay a few months back. Her mane is going the other ways as my original one is. Not sure why I have to have two of the same pony? Oh well she is my fave and will always be. Coming in behind her is G3 Port-O-Bella :) Love her pose and all her pretty colors :)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 06:32:47 PM »
I never liked Princess Pristina until I got her in a lot of ponies. Now she's one of my favorite princesses :) I also never liked Banana Surprise, but quite like her now that I have her :)

I'm not big on brightly colored ponies so I shouldn't love Mimic as much as I do, but there's so many other things I love about her and she's one that looks really pretty with the bright colors ^.^
My Wish List

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2013, 06:39:43 PM »
I guess one for me would be G1 Raspberry Jam. Her pose is one of my most detested. I tend to not like purple and green together. If it were any other pony, I'd think she's ugly, but I love her for some reason. Perhaps it's my love for berry themed ponies? The whole Sweetberry set is a favorite of mine. Perhaps that's why I like her so much. I even like Boysenberry Pie, who also truly has some ugly colors if you ask me.

I have Raspberry Jam and I was a bit put off by her but I won her cheap on ebay when bidding on a few ponies from the Sweetberry set. She was the only one I won and she still smells jammy though she does have a few pen marks.

At the moment I'd say any CP pony as I used to hate the CP pose and yet since I got peachy it's growing on me enormously.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 06:43:37 PM »
Funny... Galaxy's in my permanent display nook, as it happens. :lookround:

But my true "Whut-now?" pony has got to be So Soft Ribbon.  I was never a big fan of her neon-chartreuse-with-bright-neon-vermilion mane and tail (and especially after I learned how the colours can transfer, especially onto So Soft bodies), and I wasn't ultra-keen on the So Soft ponies in general... but I can't not love SS Ribbon, she's so... so... so perfectly pony!  Please don't ask me to explain it, justify it, or otherwise quantify or qualify it.  She's just so shy-looking and cute and loveable, and she's my logic-defying favourite, hands down.  I do have lots of favourites, but SS Ribbon is the one that just does not make sense.  So I go with it. ^.^

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal