Pony Talk > The Dollhouse

Help! Doll Auction Question, what should I do?

(1/1)

MacabreDarling:
I've never run into this before with ponies..So I need some help. I listed my monster high spectra/day of the dead doll for sale on ebay with a starting bid of $50.00. I got a message from an ebay user asking me if I would put a buy it now on the auction. I replied with something along the lines of not feeling comfortable putting a buy it now on the auction and risk losing possible profits when the auction is in it's first day, and that if the auction did have a buy it now, it would likely be much higher than the starting bid. This persons response was something along the lines of; I fully expected it to be at least double the starting bid, what would you accept for her? To which I replied...Truthfully, that I was trying to raise money for my dogs procedure, and was hesitant to attach a buy it now price so soon in the auction because I was really hoping to do well for raising funds. Now in the mean time I checked this persons feedback and they have great feedback and some costly doll expenses [they have purchased some high cost dolls in the past few months]. Now here's the question..
Should I put a buy it now on the auction now, but not at a total anyone asked me to set it at? If so, what should it be? This person was obviously willing to pay $100-125 dollars...But that makes me wonder, is this a fluke, or would someone else be willing as well?
Two...If no one has bid, is it still ok to add a buy it now option, ethically?
Three...If it is, am I potentially screwing myself because this person will ALSO be able to see a few days from now that I don't have any bidding parties and decide they aren't willing to pay so much after all?
I just don't know what to do! lol. Any help or advice would be appreciated. :/

BarbedDragon:
I had someone do that to me. You won't lose out of you put a BIN on it, hopefully that person will buy it. Mine had me do that---send a BUNCH more photos, and never BIN'd and it ended up ending 6 dollars more than my starting bid. I almost wonder if it's the same person honestly. It was rather odd. But I don't think it's rude at all for you to add a BIN as long as they are willing to pay. Just don't do anything outside of Ebay!!

MacabreDarling:
Thanks barb..Now I just have to decide what to put the bin at! lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version