collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Takara Licca  (Read 1195 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Takara Licca
« on: January 20, 2013, 03:30:44 PM »
Hey, does anyone here collect Licca or other Takara dolls?  I have three Licca dolls, they don't have their original shoes and one is missing an earring.  I can't seem to find much on ebay in the way of large lots of clothing and shoes...which I was hoping for. I am planning on getting one item...what to do about missing earrings?  Any suggestions.  It drives me crazy to see only one earring...and I like original to the doll stuff. :freak:

Also someone gave one of my Licca's a haircut in the bang area...I don't reroot, but I was wondering would it be bad to reroot just the front?  Has anyone taken a Licca head off?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Takara Licca
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 10:29:51 PM »
I have one Licca that I bought from a member here. She came to me nude, and I don't have a lot of clothes that fit her, although I could get some Blythe stuff for her (and I have a Byul that stuff would probably fit too).

Here she is:

My first Licca by sammistarlight, on Flickr

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 11:07:57 PM »
I have a Licca doll that I bought on Amazon a few years ago. You might be able to find some stuff there, but it might be a little pricey.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 01:58:46 AM »
Hm.. I think the best bet for replacing earrings would be to buy one of the cheaper playline dolls off eBay and take her earrings out. Sometimes people just sell heads on there too, so maybe you could find some similar earrings that way?
As for shoes, I've been having trouble with that too. There are some Barbie shoes (although they could be knock-offs) that fit, I just went through my childhood Barbie shoe collection and tried to stuff Licca's big feet into them to be honest  :P

Here are my two girls in some handmade dresses (and original Licca shoes). I love these dolls so much, if I weren't so constantly and astronomically broke, I would buy one each month  ^.^

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 02:36:04 AM »
I don't collect Licca but I think she's really cute. Is yours one of the newer ones or an older line?

Some people do partial reroots of Barbies so I'm sure it'd be fine to do one on a Licca provided you
can match the colour of her hair well.
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 07:40:30 AM »
I think mine are newer and I still love them.  I will take a photo. I did win one lot with an outfit and some shoes.  Won't be original to the doll but its original Licca which is better than nothing.  I really want one with pink hair lol.

Post Merge: January 21, 2013, 07:41:25 AM

I have a Licca doll that I bought on Amazon a few years ago. You might be able to find some stuff there, but it might be a little pricey.

Yes I have looked there and they are quite high.

Offline ember86

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 10:11:28 AM »
Hey I just had a thought maybe some 90's Skipper doll clothes and shoes might fit?
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 10:17:10 AM »
I'll have to check my clothing buckets and my shoes.  I have a Takara Licca that can try everything on to see what fits.  I have an original dress to the one I have that I might be willing to sell/trade as well.  I'm not sure which Licca mine is so I'd have to take pictures so you can see the dress if you are interested.

I don't think I have any Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen dolls left anymore.  I wonder if they had the same sized feet....

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 05:13:11 PM »
Hey I just had a thought maybe some 90's Skipper doll clothes and shoes might fit?

I think vintage Skipper clothes will fit  - I've bought some Licca clothes for my vintage
Skipper and they fit her really well! Blythe clothes will probably fit, too. Of course,
these are both more expensive but there are some patterns out there if the OP likes making clothes.

I don't know if Licca has the same size feet as either Skipper or Blythe, though.
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 11:46:53 AM »
Liccas feet are bigger than Blythe. I'm not sure about Skipper feet.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 08:21:34 AM »
I am kind of a purest collector with dolls in that I really prefer to not cross lines when it comes to clothing and accessories. I only want the skipper stuff for skipper and the licca stuff for licca.  Its just me. I can't seem to change that about myself.  Skipper clothing just doesn't look right on Licca at all and as far as the shoes go, they do fit but they make her look silly and age 8/9 instead of the age 11 she should be.

Offline ember86

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 11:56:09 PM »
That's cool, have you thought about going to some doll shows, it's kind of a long shot, but sometimes there are sellers who have Takara Licca dolls and clothes and Takara Jenny dolls.
My etsy shop

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 12:51:41 PM »
Yes that's a possibility.  I have gone to several in our area and they never have Japanese items and mostly antiques never any moderns.  There is a convention coming up that might lead to a possibility since its Anime related.

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 03:07:05 PM »
I see a lot of adorable Licca-chan outfits for sale on eBay, but the shipping prices can be killer as they usually ship from Hong Kong or Japan. I used to have a cute Licca-chan but I gave it to my little niece. I also have a few Takara Jennys, but Licca-chan is just so much cuter. c:

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 09:10:26 AM »
Yea I did get a lot on ebay that was sold in the USA. I was trying to avoid the Hong Kong sellers as many had not so great feedback and it will waste my time and money to buy something and it not show up or worse be the wrong thing.  It made me nervous when I read some of the feedback. I would rather buy from Japan or a local collector.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal