collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay shipping issue - lot sent in an envelope...  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Ebay shipping issue - lot sent in an envelope...
« on: April 16, 2012, 07:36:04 PM »
So I bought a few lots last week on ebay.  One was a 10 pony lot of restoration/'parts' ponies (we know how accurate that description can be...many of them are in really great shape.)  I paid 15.00 to ship these, and shipping was listed as priority.  I waited all day for them today, because tracking said they were out for delivery.  Mailman never came to my door, which was odd.  Usually with a box, they come to the door.  So a few minutes ago I checked my mailbox.  And crammed into it, taking up the entire box to the point it was pushing to fall out, was my package.

I wanted to punch my mailman for being lazy enough to stuff it in there, but that's not my biggest issue.  My main problem is that the seller stuffed 10 G1 ponies, mainly adults (one is a 4-Speed I was really looking forward to getting) into a legal sized (15x9.5 inch) flat rate envelope, with no padding, and crammed so tight that they had to tape the outside seams.  Luckily none seem traumatized by their journey so far.

I paid 15.00 to ship these ponies.  I expected at least a medium flat rate BOX.  I weighed the ponies, if you used a non flat rate box, they'd cost about 10.00 to ship priority.  The flat rate envelope they used is 5.50 or so.  I'm not only angry at the way they were packaged, but I also feel cheated of what I paid for shipping.

I sent them a polite, but unhappy message explaining I was unhappy with the shipping method, that ponies, regardless of condition, are collectible items and need some sort of protection against further damage, and that I felt I didn't get what I paid for.

Is there anything else I can or should do?  I'd like a refund on part of my shipping, but I didn't specifically ask for that, really just said that I hoped we could reach an agreement.  This seller has a lot of feedback, and seems to sell a lot of different items, but I'm pretty sure they'd know how to ship an item like these properly...

I feel better now that I've been able to vent lol.

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay shipping issue - lot sent in an envelope...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 07:49:36 PM »
I recently had to leave a negative for pretty much the same issue, at least mine was a box but the seller overcharged for shipping by $9 and didn't use any packing materials at all, then refused to refund me the difference for shipping (in which case I would have left at least a neutral). Hopefully the seller in your case is willing to hear constructive criticism and give you a refund for your overpayment, and an apology for how shoddy the packaging was.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 08:02:49 PM »
That's awful...with how much we pay in shipping sometimes, I'd at least expect some form of padding...even free plastic grocery bags lol. I'm really hoping they'll work with me, I'd hate to leave a negative. 

In the meantime, I've had a chance to look over 4-Speed.  He's beautiful, has the pinkest streak I've ever seen, and only minor marks.  He definitely doesn't fit the 'bait' description lol.  He does need a cleaning tho...feels like he was dipped in grease.  EWWW  Actually, most of these ponies are in great shape, save a few stains, crazy hair, and the need for a bath...

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 05:45:30 AM »
I think you did the right thing Prismatic by contacting the seller.

I would think by making mention of your displeasure they will maybe take the hint and refund the difference in shipping.  If not then I would send another polite message and say that you weighed the ponies and did the math and it only cost them $5.50 to ship.  When in fact you paid $15.00 and would of expected them to come Priority in a box with protection for that amount.  I don't think it is an unreasonable request seeing as they overcharged you by $9.50 not a dollar or two. :(

Good Luck and keep us posted!

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 06:36:26 AM »
Let us know what happens. I wish people would be more responsible!

Offline lilgryphon

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.worldlydogs.com
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 07:40:54 AM »
If the seller won't work with you and you're reduced to leaving negative feedback make sure you also leave the appropriate 'stars' for shipping as well. There is really no excuse for overcharging on shipping by that much.
www.worldlydogs.com ~ Deviant Art~Short Stories
There comes a time when a man must stand for what he believes in, consequence be damned.

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 09:51:46 AM »
I'm confused, were they sent in an unpadded envelope? As in no built-in padding in the envelope itself, and no other protection either?  :shocked:

If so it's a miracle they even arrived. You would think the envelope would burst during shipping!
-

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 10:16:44 AM »
Oh my goodness! :( Let us know how the seller treats you, and also, if you want to share their ID so we can all avoid receiving ponies shipped in such risky conditions!  :(  *pony hugs*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 10:44:19 AM »
I'm confused, were they sent in an unpadded envelope? As in no built-in padding in the envelope itself, and no other protection either?  :shocked:

If so it's a miracle they even arrived. You would think the envelope would burst during shipping!

They were sent in one of those hard-sided flat rate envelopes meant more for papers.  So yeah, the envelope had no built in padding at all.  Inside they were in a soft unpadded envelope, it kinda looks like they tried to use the soft one first then decided to stuff the whole thing in the hard-sided (and somewhat smaller since it doesn't have any give to it) envelope.  By the time I got it, all of the corners had been damaged and torn, I'm surprised I got it in one piece, too.

I haven't heard back from the seller yet.  How long should I wait before taking the next step?  Also, is it worth sending them another message, in case they didn't receive the first one?  I know sometimes people don't receive some messages but I'm not sure how common that is.

Depending on how they respond, if at all, I'll share their ID.  If they choose to learn from their mistake, then that's enough for me. 

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 11:23:32 AM »
I usually give someone a day or two max.  :)

If you don't hear back I would definitely email them again.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 02:29:57 PM »
What kind of feedback does this person have?  I am curious as to whether or not other people have had issues with them in this way...that would give you heads up on if they will even work with you. I have never seen a seller after shipping something incorrectly.. give money back for shipping as they know you can't really dispute it on ebay since the package was delivered. They would just say you agreed to the shipping price.  Its wrong that we don't have a way to stop this poor shipping of items through ebay yet. I am scared to think of what they might try in the future and how it might mess up things for sellers that are good sellers even more.  I had something shipped to me wrapped in clothing and tied up with a ribbon.  Its amazing how things are shipped these days and what they are shipped in.  Had breakable items shipped in a granola bar box with no padding and it was mangled by the time it reached me.

This is what I would imagine they will say, "oh my stupid husband, I had him post that for me since I was sick. Had no idea he would do that." :satisfied:

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 07:24:43 PM »
Lol that's what the last person who did this to me said, that her daughter packaged and sent them for her.  Uh-huh.  I did get a refund on that one, tho.

I still haven't heard back, but I did look over their feedback, and saw nothing related to shipping issues.  Technically yes, they don't have to refund anything, but if they want to avoid a negative, they should at least work with me.  They don't have many neutrals/negatives that I saw, which hopefully works in my favor.

Edit: Actually, after digging deeper, there are a couple complaints of the seller not responding, and one of flimsy packaging.  They have 12 neutrals over the last 12 months, and 4 negs, but 13k feedback score in general.  Now I'm wondering if they'll even reply to my message.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 07:28:40 PM by Prismatic »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 07:39:29 PM »
Oh noes! I would have been disappointed with that too! those ponies could easily have been lost or damaged, let alone the shipping overcharge being waaay too much!  :yikes: :crazy:
I would give the seller another day or two to respond and work things out. If they dont , then I would send one more message. After that.. well take your pick from a neg or a neutral if they still dont answer you. I would hope the seller would prefer to work things out with you, but the past feedback makes that a bit hit n miss :(

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 11:22:10 AM »
I also cannot fathom how on earth 10 ponies would ever FIT in one of those flat rate envelopes... those things are tiny!

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 05:10:10 PM »
I still haven't received a response, so I just messaged them again, with a copy of my original message, and more prodding.  I'll give them til Friday to respond.  If at that point I get no response, I plan on leaving negative feedback.  Which kinda sux, since I've yet to leave anyone negative feedback in the year I've used ebay.

Post Merge: April 18, 2012, 06:22:05 PM

Second message worked.  Seller contacted me and I ended up with a 5.00 refund on shipping.    I consider that reasonable; because the ponies were not harmed in transit, I'm ok with covering their actual cost of shipping by weight.  I did get them quickly and had no other real complaints, so that's fine.  I didn't feel that I got 15 bucks worth tho.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 06:25:39 PM by Prismatic »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal