collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need custom pony artist to help with my ball jointed ponies  (Read 344 times)

Silverbeam

• Trade Count: (0)
Need custom pony artist to help with my ball jointed ponies
« on: November 05, 2013, 03:41:27 AM »
I am looking for either a permanent assistant or two OR at least someone to do some work on a few customs of my ball jointed ponies i create. FIRST OFF! If working with me you will agree to respect hasbro and the respective artists/ official creators by never doing canon or copyright characters from hasbro's ponies for sale. Work will be either doing fan cross over characters/cosplay, or personal custom ponies created and commissioned by fans.

I create 3D printed ball jointed ponies as seen below.  also shown is my very simple ability to  do customs, I would love someone with serious skills to help out as I often don't have time for customs and hate to leave any pony fan without a pony who wants one but can't do the work themselves.

Skills I am looking for or need:
Detail painter
hair rooting and hair styling
dyeing, (specifically with RIT dye and similar)
Sewing small detailed outfits/ cosplay for ponies
uses safety gear/measures (respirator, and or face mask and goggles when needed)

*basic knowledge of ball jointed dolls
* Able to string dolls
*possible sanding and drilling (dremel tool) of plastic.
 ( *extra skills needed if intended for a permanent assistant)

The dolls I have are either a nylon plastic which is porous, and has a slight grain texture unless smoothed, and a acrylic plastic which is smoother, transparent and is a little more fragile.

TO APPLY: Private message is preferred but feel free to post pictures of your work here....
I will need to see at least 3 high quality pony/doll customs (can include monster high etc)  you have done, Preferably more, please show and tell me about any and all skills you have especially if on my list of things I need. Any other skills you deem would be useful let me know.

If I like your work you can then try your skill on up to three of my ponies for trial and error and again show me what you an do, and for buyers to see your work skills. They are not free (unless you can find a commissioner or I could try and sell them afterwards and you would receive reimbursement) they will however initially be at material cost or partially funded by me if you are paying, so only serious offers please. you can keep the ponies  if you do not find a commissioner or you do not want to try and resell.

how a permanent assistant spot would work. I would put pony parts up on my shapeways 3d printing store, this is the company that makes the 3D prints for me. you would advertise (I will too but it will link to you) and show off your work to get buyers. buyers will come to you and give you payment. You would purchase the pony parts from shapeways that already include the price or mark up of my part of the sale. shapeways would print and mail you the parts, you would need to string and put doll together (I would make a video t o who you how) you would customize and then mail order out to the commissioner,/buyer.  So yes a permanent assistant would handle the doll sale almost completely, you would be advertised on my deviantart and all of my shops as well as my "custom creator".

If interested in a less permanent spot: If you passed both parts of the "applying" stage, then if you wanted to purchase multiple ponies I could give you a discount and you could customize and then resell the ponies as long as credit was clear and upfront in any sale.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Need custom pony artist to help with my ball jointed ponies
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 03:55:24 AM »
I wish I have done some work for you to view as I have a lot of free time but I hope you find somebody there are so many amazing artist on here!! Good Luck!!
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

bronycraft

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 07:10:08 AM »
Maybe post this on the art board so more arty ponies can see it :)

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 07:11:15 AM »
Maybe post this on the art board so more arty ponies can see it :)

Ohhhh that is a great idea!!
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Silverbeam

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 07:17:45 AM »
actually if a moderator would move this thread to the customs I think that would e a better place for this.... I thought /I choose the best place but on second thought.... :)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 07:32:18 AM »
not sure if i have time to any full or part-time assistant work,
but i would love to paint and and rehair  a few just for the chance to get a blank bjd pony for myself.

i've seen your work on etsy and drooled over it.
I very good at detail work and would love to help.
I'll be sending you a pm tonight after work to apply
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 07:34:02 AM by rosierjay »

Silverbeam

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 04:00:31 PM »
I am still looking for an awesome artist to be my shops sponsored custom pony artist/seller for my 3D printed ball jointed ponies.

I may go ahead and try some customization myself....

Any suggestions on how to best root hair for these hard plastic dolls? the shell of the plastic is thin and I can dremel in 2-3mm wide holes, but I have never rooted before. What tools and materials do you guys suggest?

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 03:14:08 AM »
wow, i would LOVE to stopmotion - animate (i have a bachelors degree in mediatechnolgies - special topic animation) one of your ball jointed ponies! but no way i can afford these :( they are awesome!
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal