Pony Talk > Toy Box & Games Cupboard

Pokemon Direct : new Pokemon games! Sword / Shield

<< < (63/63)

LadyMoondancer:
Hey guys, have you heard about the unbeatable champion Leon and his unbeatable Charizard?  :P

I enjoyed Sword / Shield but they could have done a couple more passes with the story and characters.  Hop was such a weird character because he's constantly boasting, like Gary / Blue, but he's also framed as your best friend?  I think he would have been more relatable if he'd been insecure from the beginning, then gradually built up his confidence after getting a couple gym badges, THEN got down on himself after Bede creamed him.  As it was I just kept wishing Bede or Marnie were my rival.

The handholding was also SO prevalent in this game (also mostly facilitated by Hop, which was another reason it was hard to sympathize with him later--sorry Hop).  Sun/Moon was pretty bad about this too, but this game really took it to the next level.

I liked a lot of the new Pokemon though, which is the main reason I play Pokemon, so I still had fun. :P

sd_dreamcrystal:
I honestly enjoyed this game a bit more, and for once there really wasn't an "evil team" per say... just a group that were pest that slowed you down a bit... I do feel like there was not true villain as Rose and his assistant believed what their end goal was for the good of the region but they went a little too far..

I wonder what the expansions will bring lol other than more pokemon

Right now I'm just shiny hunting, I finally got my shiny charm after going on and off the game... so first shiny on my list is Ponyta... and even though I have shinies from other player raids... just something about hatching all those eggs to get the one I want is kind of an accomplishment for me :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version