collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm loving generation 5  (Read 2314 times)

Offline brmylittleponycollector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Hello, I study Veterinary Medicine&collect Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
I'm loving generation 5
« on: December 25, 2023, 05:08:20 PM »
I'm delighted with the design, dolls, characters, history and aesthetics of the new generation of My little Pony!! I can't follow everything in real time because of the veterinary medicine college, but everything I saw is so beautiful and cute, I think the aesthetics of the G5 are similar to Generations 2 and 3 and I liked the G5 more than the G4, I love generation 4, but generation 5 is so perfect that for me it has such a beautiful essence, I have loved watching the episodes on YouTube and Netflix and I also love going to stores and seeing several G5s, in addition to buying them all, my favorite pony is Izzy Moonbow, I identify with it a lot. I identified with her the same way I identified with Pinkie Pie from G5, I just thought the quality of the dolls was a little poor but they're beautiful, I don't know why some fans of G1 and G4 don't like G5, in fact, what's your opinion on G5, what are the characters? favorites?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: I'm loving generation 5
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 09:12:01 AM »
Glad to hear you're enjoying it.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 11:04:21 AM »
it seems more appealing than G4 but I haven't gotten into it as much
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2023, 10:29:20 PM »
I love the Make Your Mark show on Netflix :D My favourite character is Misty. I haven't bought any of the toys, I don't really like how they look.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 12:43:12 AM »
I love G5! I personally prefer the low stakes style MLP over G4s grand adventures, so this is a little more up my alley. :) I really love the Make your Mark series and I’m sad that it is seemingly discontinued for now. I think the CG models of the ponies are really cute even if the lighting and animation can be a little wonky at times lol! My favorite character is probably Izzy. I love her crazy energy and unicycling crafts! I really love Sunny a lot as well, but I feel like ever since the movie her character hasn’t really gotten much exploration. Oh, and Misty!! Misty is honestly probably the shining star of G5, she is fantastic!

The Tell your Tale series is just okay to me. I really don’t love the animation style of it and it’s a little to short and quick paced for my liking, but I guess it must be doing well with kids for it to be the one that is continued! I stopped watching it a little while ago, so I’m not up to speed with it.

The toys are a little disappointing, but still better than G4 imo. The styling sized ponies are my favs of the toy line. Their molds are super cute and their hair is SO NICE! They just feel nice and high quality. I also really love the little articulated ponies, they are great for photographs! The little Polly pocket style ponies were a cute idea too. My main gripe with the toys is the repetition of characters. It makes me so sad that there is not more variety. The variety is what got me into MLP in the first place! The fact that Misty, a new main cast member only has, what, two releases? Is honestly crazy! The new sparkly ponies from the winter special would make such pretty toys! There is so much potential for the toy line to have more variety.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2023, 03:16:59 PM »
I’m just not a fan of ponies moving more and more away from looking like ponies.  The original art style/ animation is what I fell in love with as a kid,  I, too, love Izzy’s personality, but I just don’t like the current art style.  They need to be more horsey😆

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2023, 08:15:25 AM »
I love G5! I only have a small selection of the toys, but only because my pony budget is virtually nil. I loved the movie, I, too adore & identify with Izzy, and it all reminds me of g2, too!
I haven't seen Tell your Tale, but I recently started watching Make your Mark, and I'm enjoying that very much as well. A bit of MLP Tales vibes!

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2023, 05:15:38 AM »
Honestly, I don't have an opinion of G5. It's just kind of there. I'm not inspired to buy any of the toys, really. I have seen the original movie but am not interested in the follow up stuff. I feel like Sunny's colour scheme has been done to death in recent generations, and there's just too much toy repetition on the shelves.

But I'm not the target audience, and I also have nothing against it. I feel like something calmer was needed after the drama around G4. I don't like FIM at all, but I do prefer the older G4 toys to the current G5 releases.

I'm a G1 person, though. I like that the movie gave a nod to all gens, including G2. But otherwise it kind of just is there for me. It's not something I'm interested in, nor does it offend me.

It's great that you find joy in it though :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2023, 05:54:46 AM »
My opinion on it is, it looks better then G4, but can never reach the heights, variety, and beauty of G1 and G3.

It's not horsey enough for my taste, still too bracycephelic. Hasbro crippled it with repetition and poor quality right out of the starting gate, and the toon artstyles look awful. I have some of the toys.

It's in the middle of the pack. I don't hate it, but there's too few new ponies to keep consumers interested. I counted them out of idle curiosity, and there have only been 35 distinct ponies released, not counting G3 and G4 transplants in the few years its been active. And most of those are again relegated to moulded hair and the tiny ones.

Its committing all the same sins as 4. I do have 2 favorites amongst my small, slowly growing collection. It's good for customization mostly.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 08:59:42 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline TheClassCalico

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2023, 08:21:33 AM »
I like G5's movie and Make Your Mark, but the toys have been far too repetitive, with very little variety in characters and poses, and neither of the art styles are to my taste. I do appreciate that the movie/MYM/brushable toy art style more closely resembles horses compared to most of G4 (the alicorns were reasonably horsey), however. I would much prefer it if they gave them horsier faces again, though.

I'd say that a lot of the toys, though repetitive, are of pretty good quality, barring the smaller and especially 3-inch ponies. The hair on some of them is incredibly soft and, as far as I'm aware, nylon. The hair quality on a lot of the toys seems nicer than G4's.

The lack of character variety problem has been the case since late G3, and G4 did improve upon it slightly, with them no longer only releasing the main cast, but it was still terrible for releasing the same characters far too often and not releasing many original characters. Unfortunately, it seems that so far, G5 has taken a step back, though thankfully not quite as far back as late G3, it's not far off.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2023, 03:52:32 PM »
I really like G5 also. My favorite characters this generation are Misty because I definitely identify with the most introverted characters and Queen Haven. Opaline made an entertaining villain as well.  I'm honestly not a fan of the legs and feet on the dragons but glad that there were still dragons this generation. Can't say much for the toys. Mainly due to a lack of room I haven't gotten a single G5 toy or piece of merchandise yet.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline WingedDragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2023, 09:40:40 PM »
It has its own charm. It does remind me with certain thing with G2, which I like.

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2024, 03:55:32 AM »
I really love their designs and honestly, would love to have toys of them standing on my shelves, but the reality is that the toys are unfortunately atrocious in my opinion! :cry: The hard plastic bodies and articulated legs just are not down my alley. I'd pay good money if they made the kind of brushables that were G3 and G4 in former years.

I watched the first movie that came out on Netflix and I was bored lol. In comparison, I recently also rewatched season 1 of FIM and that one immediately pulled me in. In G5's defence, I am not the target audience :biggrin: I might give the other movie a chance.
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2024, 12:02:12 PM »
I wish they' hadn't made the pack with queen haven and jazz hooves a TrU exclusive. 

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2024, 04:28:06 AM »
One g5 toy managed to get in my house, I keep it separate from all the other ponies so it doesn’t give them any weird ideas…
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal