collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pearlized ponies to take over for 2016?  (Read 14925 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pearlized ponies to take over for 2016?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 08:43:28 PM »
I'm actually craaaazy excited for these! I'm a sucker for translucent ponies with some kind of sparkle and shine! Those clear glitter TRU fashion style RD and Twilight are some of my favorites in my entire collection! I also love the glitter Funkos, glitter blindbags, and glitter Hikaris so I'm all over the moon for pearlized ponies!!!!!! I'm excited for that pretzel pony and a massive fan of that Sea Swirl!

I'm freaking out over the raised hoof pose too! I hope they keep that back for good!

I LOVE the pearly prototypes they had for the mane 6 yeeaaars ago, if anyone has them I would love to see your pictures again! *dreamy*
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:47:49 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 09:22:28 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There've been sightings of some pearlized blind bags too, so yeah, this seems to be a Big Thing. Together with Wonderbolts themed stuff.

sunshine29102

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 09:30:35 PM »
Here are pics from the toy fair.  There are three more non-mane 6 ponies slated to come out.  That makes 7, the most we've had in years.  Though maybe we should say 6 since Starlight has become An honorary member of the "mane 6".  I predict that she will get lots of releases in the future.

http://toyfair16.asmzine.com/gallery/hasbro/my-little-pony/slides/IMG_1338.sized.html

http://toyfair16.asmzine.com/gallery/hasbro/my-little-pony/slides/IMG_1339.sized.html

Post Merge: May 11, 2016, 05:54:29 PM

I thought the pretzel pony was just named Pretzel?  Isn't Twistaloo the name for the yellow baby pony with two candy canes?  (Just named Twist in the show.)

I think your right.

Is that a pearly Cadance on the bottom of the second picture? Amd what appears to be a pearly Celestia in packaging in the first pic at the bottom left corner?  If so, maybe there are even more on that row, like Rarity? !?!  Nurse Redheart isn't pictured, but we know she's out there on eBay (there's already a thread about her).

I really like these pearly versions.  I want to customize them as well as collect them.  Especially love the unicorns.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:32:15 PM by sunshine29102 »

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2016, 09:48:07 PM »
Wow, they are cute. I only buy the new ones for my baby girl, but I am digging these ones :)

Princess Lala

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 09:54:07 PM »
That Cadance is a see-through light up toy if I recall correctly! They are making a Celestial one too!

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2016, 10:09:14 PM »
I am sooo excited for these! Can't wait for them to come out  :frolic:
I definitely want Coloratura... maybe Pretzel but I'm not too sold on her yet. And those flower ones shown in the toy fair image: definitely wanting those cuties!

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 11:28:47 PM »

Is that a pearly Cadance on the bottom of the second picture? Amd what appears to be a pearly Celestia in packaging in the first pic at the bottom left corner?  If so, maybe there are even more on that row, like Rarity? !?!  Nurse Redheart isn't pictured, but we know she's out there on eBay (there's already a thread about her).

I really like these pearly versions.  I want to customize them as well as collect them.  Especially love the unicorns.

The Cadance and Celestia are light up ponies. I think there was a Luna and Twilight too...can't remember.

I am pretty done with collecting G4, but I adore Pretzel and feel the need to pick her up. Her being pearly is what tipped m over the edge. I am with everyone who loves this line though, what took Hasbro so long?  :lol:

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2016, 09:17:27 AM »
these ponies look so good!
ive got at least 3 comming from ebay now , keeping my eyes out for the others too.

I have 2 questions tho

1)  how well are these going to age  , is the glitter going to deteriorate like the G3 poines?
2) how will they respond to acetone?   , are they going to be easy to customize.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2016, 10:35:40 AM »
1)  how well are these going to age  , is the glitter going to deteriorate like the G3 poines?

Tbh I think that's why these took so long. They wanted to find a way to do these that lasts (tho my G3 glitters are still nice and glittery). Also even without the glitter they are still pearly looking.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Moonstar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Prancing On Air
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2016, 01:07:58 PM »
I love pearly ponies and orange so I'm going to make sure to pick up Pretzel.

"The Rainbow of Light belongs here, with the Little Ponies."

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2016, 01:16:21 PM »
Wait... A new gimmick, and it's not just the mane 6? Is this some kind of new and improved Hasbro?
That Pretzel pony is really pretty. More of this all the time, please :D

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2016, 02:01:52 PM »
Coloratura and Starlight Glimmer are on the Entertainer website here in the UK too. Though out of stock and oddly discounted.
http://www.thetoyshop.com/dolls-soft-toys/dolls/animal-figures/My-Little-Pony-Figure---Colouratura/p/525919_B7800
http://www.thetoyshop.com/dolls-soft-toys/dolls/animal-figures/My-Little-Pony-Figure---Starlight-Glimmer/p/525919_B7801

Unsure if this means they're on shelves here, as there's no Entertainer near me in London, but it's a step in the right direction at least.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 02:03:31 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2016, 02:32:43 PM »
I haven't been collecting G4s since the wedding line (except an odd Starlight) but I'm excited to see these in person.

And, I'm mildly amused that they named a pony Pretzel.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2016, 04:00:10 PM »
Wow, I can't believe her name is straight up "PRETZEL"  That's like naming a pony "rock" or "tree" or "hamburger"

I used to have the translucentish Fluttershy proto but recently sold her. She was definitely more translucent than these, and the colors were different.

Still, I do love the idea of them being semi-translucent- I think they will look more like those sparkly Wysteria and Pinkie Target ponies maybe.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal