collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~Texas Pony Meet Up! June 25, 2016!~ Success!  (Read 14614 times)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ~Texas Pony Meet Up! June 25, 2016!~ UPDATE!
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2016, 08:14:37 PM »
So I was perusing eBay and ran across a collector in Tyler, Tx!  I don't know if she/he is one of the people already listed here but in case she isn't, I messaged her with a link to this thread.  I hope she is able to come cause it looks like she is selling a lot of really great g1 stuff!

Nice! I wonder if I know of her?!  ^.^

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ~Texas Pony Meet Up! June 25, 2016!~ UPDATE!
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2016, 04:27:43 PM »
Giving this a bump!

Post Merge: March 24, 2016, 11:00:25 AM

Updated some info! :D
Still finalizing schedule and location...weeee!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 11:00:25 AM by Sweet_Stuff »

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: ~Texas Pony Meet Up! June 25, 2016!~ UPDATE! 3.24.16
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2016, 04:49:46 PM »
If you would like you can put me down plus one as possibly coming. I'm visiting my girlfriend this weekend and we are going to see what we can do about coming if she can get off work then we will come. Do you know of good hotels near the where you're planning to have it? I live in Arkansas and she lives in Missouri so I think we would end up needing a hotel for sure.  :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2016, 07:54:22 PM »
If you would like you can put me down plus one as possibly coming. I'm visiting my girlfriend this weekend and we are going to see what we can do about coming if she can get off work then we will come. Do you know of good hotels near the where you're planning to have it? I live in Arkansas and she lives in Missouri so I think we would end up needing a hotel for sure.  :lol:

Will do!
I'm actually trying to have it at a hotel conference room so it will be convenient for those traveling in. :)

Offline Dreamtrees

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2016, 05:32:35 PM »
I'm new to collecting mlp and vintage toys but would like to see other people's collections and live near the DFW area. Please count me in as possibly going! (my food choice is 'G' too)   :)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2016, 07:46:26 PM »
I'm new to collecting mlp and vintage toys but would like to see other people's collections and live near the DFW area. Please count me in as possibly going! (my food choice is 'G' too)   :)

Awesome! I'll put you down as a tentative!
--
Ok guys, the venue has been selected! I'm finalizing details with the hotel sales / event coordinator yay! :D
It looks like we'll have enough G3 prizes, so if you would like to donate G1 or G2 pony prizes, please PM me. :)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2016, 06:08:16 AM »
Hey there, just a lil update! My time off I requested for this meet up is STILL pending in my company's system (curse you home office!) Worse comes to worse and I can't make it I can always mail you some goodie bags and G3's to bring to the meet up! Aaaaaarrrg wanna go sooooo bad not just for ponies and friends but Fazolis! My husband loved it and wants to go back out there just for that! Tyler TX is only an hour and a half drive for me! I like it out there! Pretty pine trees and pretty red dirt  LOL
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 06:10:28 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2016, 09:40:47 AM »
Hey there, just a lil update! My time off I requested for this meet up is STILL pending in my company's system (curse you home office!) Worse comes to worse and I can't make it I can always mail you some goodie bags and G3's to bring to the meet up! Aaaaaarrrg wanna go sooooo bad not just for ponies and friends but Fazolis! My husband loved it and wants to go back out there just for that! Tyler TX is only an hour and a half drive for me! I like it out there! Pretty pine trees and pretty red dirt  LOL

Hope you can make it!! :D *crosses fingers*
I'll change you to tentative

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ~Texas Pony Meet Up! June 25, 2016!~ UPDATE 4.5.16
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2016, 08:45:02 AM »
Bad news guys . . . The venue that I finally agreed upon does NOT have group rates...nothing is set in stone of course because no contracts have been signed but now I'm just disappointed and feel totally deflated.. :(

This has been the WORST trying to find a place for this thing...they either said no, or didn't return phone calls. First, I find a great place - but the hotel has got some funky air freshener / cleaning agent that makes it difficult for me to breathe..plus the conference room is WAY too expensive.. So I finally find two other nice options at sister hotels next door to each other, but neither one of them offer group rates... ugh!  >_< :mad: :(

So I guess it's back to the drawing board...???  :blush:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ~Texas Pony Meet Up! June 25, 2016!~ UPDATE! 4.5.16
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2016, 09:02:59 AM »
Perhaps you can take a poll on who plans on staying at the hotel and whether group rates are important to them?  I, myself, already have a place to stay while I'm in town.

And if it comes down to it, I'm ok with just picnicking in the park and shopping out of each other's car trunks.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2016, 09:34:46 AM »
Perhaps you can take a poll on who plans on staying at the hotel and whether group rates are important to them?  I, myself, already have a place to stay while I'm in town.

And if it comes down to it, I'm ok with just picnicking in the park and shopping out of each other's car trunks.

You know... that is a WONDERFUL idea!! I never thought about that before! :cool:

Ok y'all, taking a cue from Sunset, I need to know who needs a hotel room AND if they can swing $99 per night. . (cheapest at the venue sister hotel site, IF we go with that option..) Then the suites are $109 studio and $129 for two queen beds (at venue if it stays as planned). I'm assuming most will be coming in the Friday before. There is a hotel not too far away that will be $79 or $89 for two queen beds, but it's the place that has a weird air freshener / cleaner smell so that may not work for some of y'all...
Comment here or PM me. :)

I would host it at my place, if push comes to shove but I love the park idea. If bad weather, I may just go ahead with my plan as is.. I feel kinda lost though, so any encouragement is appreciated!

Post Merge: April 05, 2016, 11:18:30 AM

I may hear back from a couple of hotels that I called.... so there is still hope to host the meet at a hotel conference room. If those places fall through, I got another idea up my sleeve... :devious:

Stay tuned, ponies!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:18:30 AM by Sweet_Stuff »

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2016, 10:10:36 AM »
I decided on a location and will make it official later this week if all goes well!

:frolic: :happy:

The last hotel that seemed to have potential offered an amazing set up with wonderful price points but the meeting room must have had new carpet, because the formaldehyde smell in there was awful and started to make me sick. :( So, back to the location I ended up with a couple of weeks ago! :)

I'll send out more details later.  :cool:

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ~Texas Pony Meet Up! June 25, 2016!~ UPDATED INFO!
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2016, 12:15:05 PM »
Please note updated info -- lunch is no longer Dutch! yay! My mom will serve as 'caterer.'

:happy:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2016, 11:17:31 AM »
Aww!  That's sweet of her!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2016, 08:28:27 PM »
Giving this a bump :bump:

I'm looking forward to finalizing everything and meeting everyone!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal