collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 34408 times)

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #705 on: July 05, 2012, 07:42:44 PM »
it'd be much easier to drill a hole for the tail than the mod the rest of the pieces onto holt ... a hole is easy ... the rest ... not so much ... and then i must add "NOT A HOLT! I NNNNEEEEEEEEEEDDDDSSSS HIIIIIIMMMMMM!" *melts onto the desk and whimpers a little* lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #706 on: July 05, 2012, 07:45:29 PM »
only I would find a TON of new stuff when there's nothing I'm looking for but Abbey....

I found:
Ghouls Rule Cleo and Clawdeen
SS 5 Pack
Tub with Lala
Scooter with Ghoulia
Roller Maze
Fearleading 3 pack (havent seen in ages)
Gloom beach 5 pack (so many of these)
Fashion 3 pack Abbey
Howleen/Clawdeen
And I just want a Dead tired Abbey :(

if anyone needs anything listed though I'd be happy to go back and pick them up for them, but I'd need the money up front.

Grr!! The SS 5 pack isn't in my Targets yet.... just the Gloom Beach set. Are the SS sets hidden behind them? I can't wait!!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 05, 2012, 07:50:05 PM »
This is one of those few and far between times when I'm really glad I don't have a significant other. No one to question my purchasing choices! But I am afraid the dolls and my ponies will pretty much kill any slim hope I have of not being single forever  :huh:

A while ago I told a very wise friend of mine how afraid I was of ending up alone because, come on, what hot guy is going to be into another guy who collects ponies? She said, "You don't need to find someone who will love you IN SPITE of your collecting, but someone who will love you FOR IT!" And that is so, soooo true! Chin up!

KAM: I'm considering my other options. I may buy a custom blue torso. The main issue is the arms and legs. Since the puma boy has white on his face, white arms and thighs could work. So I *could* use the grey gargoyle's pieces. Does anyone know if the grainy stuff comes off with acetone? Or is it actually part of the plastic? I know that Abbey's sparkles come off; not sure about the gargoyles.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 05, 2012, 07:55:58 PM »
This is one of those few and far between times when I'm really glad I don't have a significant other. No one to question my purchasing choices! But I am afraid the dolls and my ponies will pretty much kill any slim hope I have of not being single forever  :huh:

A while ago I told a very wise friend of mine how afraid I was of ending up alone because, come on, what hot guy is going to be into another guy who collects ponies? She said, "You don't need to find someone who will love you IN SPITE of your collecting, but someone who will love you FOR IT!" And that is so, soooo true! Chin up!

KAM: I'm considering my other options. I may buy a custom blue torso. The main issue is the arms and legs. Since the puma boy has white on his face, white arms and thighs could work. So I *could* use the grey gargoyle's pieces. Does anyone know if the grainy stuff comes off with acetone? Or is it actually part of the plastic? I know that Abbey's sparkles come off; not sure about the gargoyles.
That's so funny, I've said that exact thing myself. Here's to hoping!

In other news I caved and got fashion Abbey today. She's my most favorite Abbey so far, though I am really looking forward to DT. I love that her leg warmers are real fabric and not rubber.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 05, 2012, 07:57:01 PM »
She said, "You don't need to find someone who will love you IN SPITE of your collecting, but someone who will love you FOR IT!" And that is so, soooo true! Chin up!

... wiser words can NEVER be spoken ;) :)

and i'm not sure if the the speckles would come off or not ... i don't want to try on my garboyle cause i loves him so ... but it seems like they're more IN the plastic than on it ... *licks her thumb and rubs a little on the bottom of his foot ...* i guess if you found like a baity holt i could let it pass ;) lmao

ETA: OMG he's so expensive now ... gah!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 07:58:51 PM by kamakazee82 »
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #710 on: July 05, 2012, 08:04:04 PM »
My sister didn't liked them at start also, she said they are too gothic... until she saw my Rochelle, now she says  Rochelle is pretty  :satisfied: and think that the others are OK.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #711 on: July 05, 2012, 08:05:12 PM »
u and me both sista

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 05, 2012, 08:07:31 PM »
I started collecting MH after I got married.  I'm sure if I were this crazy before we got hitched, he would have ran for the hills :lol:  His mother totally loves MH though.  I always take my newest finds over to show them to her.  And his side of the family (my only family really) give me cash for my birthday and Christmas with the expectations of seeing whatever I'm able to find (they all kinda gave up shopping when that MH drought hit awhile back.)

Tuney:  Save yourself some trouble and headache and take my advice.  Spend the $20 on Boy Starter Pack.  I hate the mismatches too, but.....it's really not worth it.  I split my second starter with Aellos.  She wanted the Gargoyle so I used the Vamp to finish the Puma.  I handmade a white three quarter length tee shirt to cover the upper arms and go under the tank top he comes with.  The shorts he comes with covers the upper legs.  The only exposed skin he has left is his neck.  Plus it has the tail hole.  He looks good. 

Although, my dolls just stand around in their stock all day long.  They don't get to go on fabulous photoshoots, pose semi-nude, or play dress-up, like yours, so I guess my 'fix' probably wouldn't help you.

I'm thinking about modding a Cupid into the Ghost Girl and everytime the thought crosses my mind, I want to cry.  I've done this (wow, only) twice (it FEELS like I've done it 3 or 4 times) and I hate it.  I might just leave her on my spare Vampire body, but the mismatches!  Oh lord the mismatches!  The dress ties the different colors together nicely though.  *Sigh*  Good luck.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #713 on: July 05, 2012, 08:17:17 PM »
my fiancee is totally an enabler.
"i'm thinking about getting this doll" ....he will reply "well stop thinking and buy it"
he thinks my collecting/customizing is adorable. and he loves my excited "OMG NEW TOY" reaction....
totally a keeper :heart:
so really, there is hope!

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #714 on: July 05, 2012, 08:18:02 PM »
Oh the twins too at tru

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 05, 2012, 08:18:25 PM »
"i'm thinking about getting this doll" ....he will reply "well stop thinking and buy it"
he thinks my collecting/customizing is adorable. and he loves my excited "OMG NEW TOY" reaction....

Awww! He really is a keeper! <3

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 05, 2012, 08:18:52 PM »

My Hubby does that very thing. He is such a sweetie for it.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #717 on: July 05, 2012, 08:25:44 PM »
My wife doesn't have a problem with the dolls themselves. She's more concerned about the drain on our finances. I'm not supposed to buy any more until she goes back to work in September (she's on maternity leave).  :(

It was my mother and my sisters who thought I'd gone a bit crazy, but I've since talked to them about it and they don't seem as concerned anymore.

I may have only recently started collecting Monster High dolls, but I've been a collector in general for many years now. I used to given a lot of Legos and Transformers and things when I was a kid, and when I was a teenager in the 90s, I started collecting D&D books. More recently, I was collecting prepainted plastic D&D miniatures and then got into the prepainted plastic Star Wars miniatures as well. When those lines both ended, there was a void that quickly got filled by G4 My Little Ponies after my daughters and I discovered the Friendship is Magic show. I started posting photos of my ponies on Flickr and got exposed to MH dolls and gradually started wanting them myself and now I have 17 or 18. I've lost count ...  :P

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 05, 2012, 09:45:47 PM »
My fiance is totally fine with my collecting, so long as I don't get too draining on our money (which is kinda how I got with ponies that I know I can find later XD). But he also collects toys (mostly Japanese import lines) and he understands why I get so rabid over MH. His Kamen Rider figures... if he misses a pre-order for one there's a high chance he'll be paying at a good bit over retail after its release... so when he sees it I'm just like "Get it, you know you won't see it again and he's awesome looking." And in turn he'll be like.... "...you want her. You won't see her again, get her in the cart or I'm putting her in there" I honestly blame him for my toy collecting, HE GOT ME HOOKED /shakes fist because I know he's looking over my shoulder right now.

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 05, 2012, 10:43:20 PM »
Does anyone know if the Ghouls Rule dolls will be available at WalMart or are they a TRU exclusive?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal