collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2014 Holiday Art Swap! *Swap Complete! Leave Feedback*  (Read 10339 times)

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: 2014 Holiday Art Swap! *Swap Complete! Leave Feedback*
« Reply #195 on: December 25, 2014, 04:13:57 AM »
I can't thank you enough, Griffin, this is too pretty to put up only at Christmas, I'll have to find a more permanent home. :hug:  Thank You!

I am so glad you like it! A bauble with your favourite ponies and 3D accents is what I wanted to do but for a while I was afraid I would have to settle on something else; all the ornaments I found in stores were either the wrong size (too small) or the wrong colour (red and gold, no cold colours available!), or covered in glitter or something, whereas I needed a smooth surface to work on. Luckily I found these silver ones just as I was ready to give up! I dabbed on some blue and silver acrylic paint with a sponge and sprayed pearlescent silver mist (alcohol-based ink I guess?) on top. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the extras, too! ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 26, 2014, 06:37:28 PM »
I am so glad you like it! A bauble with your favourite ponies and 3D accents is what I wanted to do but for a while I was afraid I would have to settle on something else; all the ornaments I found in stores were either the wrong size (too small) or the wrong colour (red and gold, no cold colours available!), or covered in glitter or something, whereas I needed a smooth surface to work on. Luckily I found these silver ones just as I was ready to give up! I dabbed on some blue and silver acrylic paint with a sponge and sprayed pearlescent silver mist (alcohol-based ink I guess?) on top. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the extras, too! ^.^

I love the dimensional effect of the background, I saw the blue sponged on but wouldn't have guessed the other steps but I guess that's what makes it so great.  I'm interested in what you used for the 3D effects and how they stuck to the ornament.  If it was me, I'm sure it would've keep falling off.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #197 on: December 27, 2014, 10:23:04 AM »
I love the dimensional effect of the background, I saw the blue sponged on but wouldn't have guessed the other steps but I guess that's what makes it so great.  I'm interested in what you used for the 3D effects and how they stuck to the ornament.  If it was me, I'm sure it would've keep falling off.

The 3D parts are made with Apoxie Sculpt. :) I just got myself a fresh batch and it was a pleasure to work with! I first sketched the ponies and gessoed the shapes to give the clay a nice surface to stick on, even though Apoxie adheres quite well to smooth surfaces as well. It should be pretty durable! 

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #198 on: December 28, 2014, 09:41:21 PM »
Don't forget to leave feedback for your partners!  Awesome swap, guys.  :)

In terms of the different art swaps we've had in the past (regular pictures with a digital exchange, bookmarks, ATCs, postcards, and ornaments), how does this one rank in terms of your favorites?  Should I keep changing them up every year or is this a theme you'd like to see stick around a while?  :)  Never too soon to prepare for next year!

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2014, 05:30:44 AM »
I forgot to post my brag! Here she is on my tree;

Maybe I missed it, but did someone say who's made this? (As I said in my previous message; it was missing a card. Who has Cool Breeze on their address labels (what neat address labels!)?)

So sorry! Haven't been on the site for awhile. Im shocked the card wasn't in there. I have no idea where it went then. I made one and could've sworn put it in there. I've looked around the house and it's no where...oh well. Sorry. But I'm glad she arrived to you :)

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2015, 09:34:06 PM »
I never posted my ornament for Whippycorn.  It's acrylics painted on linen and hand-stitched.  The background paints are shimmery and I put a bit of fabric "snow" glitter on the wet paint.  :)  Some of the snowflakes have the glitter mixed in too.

If you haven't left feedback for your partner yet, please do!  :D  Thanks for another awesome holiday swap, guys!  :grouphug:

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2015, 02:25:26 AM »
Yay! Thanks. I never managed to get a decent photo (British sunlight fail). It's really so lovely and original!  :biggrin:

My BF actually asked where you got it printed when I showed him!  ;)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #202 on: January 07, 2015, 10:33:55 PM »
Aww!  :lovey:  I went through like 5 ideas before I settled on the stocking.  I was happy with how it turned out, so I am glad that you like it too!  :D

I'm officially declaring the swap complete and de-stickying the thread!  :accomplished:  I probably won't log back on to the HolidayArtSwap account until we announce this year's swap in October, so PM me if you need anything!  ;)

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #203 on: January 08, 2015, 07:06:01 AM »
Here are the contents of my swap with submarinehallucination (love that name, btw!)

It's been waaaay to long since I had any Rolos in my life, and I have to admit- I gorged! Then I had a few with some toasted almonds (cause I'm healthy, yo) and YUM YUM YUM!

The pinkie pie is my first pop figure... now I crave more! They are cute!

And the art is so great! I love the winter pony- Powder g1 if I'm correct? Neato! Thanks again!

This swap was fun!!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal