collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Moonracer's art thread/ COMMISSIONS ARE OPEN!!  (Read 3910 times)

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
Moonracer's art thread/ COMMISSIONS ARE OPEN!!
« on: August 26, 2012, 01:00:07 PM »
I've been thinking about starting my own art thread a while back, when I first noticed this sub-forum here. But I didn't do it until today. The problem? I didn't have that much pony art to showcase. ^^'

Mainly because I'm not that much accustomed to drawing animals. I'm getting the hang of it lately, but I think the way I feel more confident with drawing humanoid characters. :P But, I'll try my best to improve that.

Here's my pony-related artwork so far:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Autobot Hound (who is a resident Earth-lover) and Fluttershy. I figured I draw these two since their affinity for all creatures great and small. This was one my first attempts at drawing Fluttershy so forigve me for any mistakes here. :P

G1 Baby Splasher (left) and Baby Beachcomber (right). I took some liberties in their design, mostly because I wanted to give each of them an individual look

G4 Creamsicle - at least that's the way I envision him. This is a part of a much bigger drawing, which involves Creamsicle and another character (a fellow pony friend). And yes, I envision Creamsicle as a boy. I always kind of did. XD

Shining Armor. Again, this is a fragment of a WIP involving Shining Armor and Cadance. Can't reveal what it is until I finish it. XD

DJ P0n3... That is all. :D

And, for the final, my latest batch of Pony-related sketches:
http://alraune89.tumblr.com/post/30247706033/so-ponies-what-else-there-is-to-say-xd-anyone

I thought I'd post a link to my art blog, because it would be easier. ;)

So, that's about it... I'll try to draw more pony-related artwork and update this thread. And since I really, really love to draw, that shouldn't take too long... ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 10:05:59 AM by Moonracer »

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Re: Moonracer's art thread
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 01:06:04 PM »
First picture: Best crossover ever :D

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 04:15:36 PM »
Those drawings are awesome!  :biggrin: love the sea ponies! An I agree, you should draw more! ;)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 08:15:39 PM »
Awesome stuff and you can show off your Non pony art, just put NPA in the title.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Moonracer

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 10:10:05 AM »
Awww... thanks for the kind comments! ^^ And don't worry I'll keep on drawing. :D

@Diamond: I didn't know that one. Thanks for the info! :) I might slightly change the title of my thread, to let people know I'll be showing my non-pony art too. :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 12:11:29 PM »
Those are great sketches!  :D  I really like the one of the seaponies. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 03:23:39 PM »
How fun!!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 09:37:05 PM »
Love all the WIPs!  Those sea ponies look fantastic, I just adore sea pony art!  :)  And Creamsicle makes a great G4, I always imagined him as a boy too.  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 09:03:28 AM »
Cool. I'm looking forward to the Shining Armor pic when it's complete.

First picture: Best crossover ever :D
Meh, I think Transformers G1 goes better with MLP G1. Why? Watch "Escape from Catrina."
should be perma-moderated

Moonracer

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 01:46:13 PM »
Hey, everyone! :)

Thanks for your kind comments. :) :)

@ZennaBug: I'm happy that I'm not the only one who sees Creamsicle as a guy! :D And I'm happy that you like the Sea Pony drawings - I plan on making more of them in the future. :) Also, coming back to Creamsicle - I've been having some plans to use him and a couple other pony friends in either a fan fic or a comic. Can't really say what that is, at this point but it's going to be something involving the CMC. ;)

@ZeldaTheSwordsman: Yeah, I know what you mean... frankly speaking, I'd love to see some G1 TF/G1 MLP crossover myself... but it turns out there really aren't any (or maybe I'm just not aware of any).

And that is why I decided to start writing one myself - it's a short story based on a particular drawing involving the Sea Ponies and one of the Autobots. ;) I currently have the first chapter almost ready to go. And I'll plan to write the rest as soon as I get it all sorted out in my mind...

Moving onto other things... here are some drawings I did a couple days ago:

Here you have Applejack (her G1 incarnation) and Bow Tie as centaurs, as seen in Disney's "Fantasia" segment "Pastoral Symphony". Don't know why I decided to draw them like that... maybe because Disney's centaurs were also quite colorful... XD

And a non-pony drawing for a change:

I have been watching "Jim Henson's The Storyteller" lately, and since "Hans my Hedgehog" is my favorite episode, I decided to make a few related sketches. So here you have toddler!Hans with his pet rooster (that is before he became the rooster XD). I based his physique on toddler Korra from "The Legend of Korra" series.

Dibbles

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 02:29:07 PM »
These look great! My favorite is the sea ponies, but they are all very well-done.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 03:34:54 PM »
Love the centaurs!  That was always my favorite part of fantasia, I used to pretend I was the purple one with flowers in her hair  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 01:34:40 PM »
Oh I love the Sea Ponies - they are fantastic!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Moonracer

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 02:19:26 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys! :)

Love the centaurs!  That was always my favorite part of fantasia, I used to pretend I was the purple one with flowers in her hair  :)

Yaaaay! :D :D

I also love the Pastoral Symphony part - I really liked the pegasus, and the centaurs were fun too. :3

Here's a couple of new stuff I created over the past couple days. First off - stuff from my artblog:

http://alraune89.tumblr.com/post/30931572436/a-quick-sketch-of-a-clydesdale-horse-done-three - Clydesdale horse. It was one of the first realistic drawings of an equine I did in a while. I'm quite happy for it turned out. :)

http://alraune89.tumblr.com/post/30935691607/spunky-the-camel-the-g1-pony-friend-and - Spunky and Hollywood looking, fabulous. 8D XD

http://alraune89.tumblr.com/post/30936559937/salty-one-of-the-g1-big-brother-ponies-its-a - Salty. This is a part of a bigger drawing. :3

And some recent stuff:

Older Danny. I recently started working on the older versions of the three kids from G1. Currently I have Danny and Molly. I also did Megan, but I'll try redrawing her, since I'm not quite satisfied with her design. :P

Discord. Again, this is a part of a bigger picture which (hopefully) I'll manage to finish someday. I love drawing Discord - he's quite a pain to draw, but I still found it enjoyable. He's got such a great design and he's also such an expressive character. I'll definitely draw more of him in the future.

Scorpan. You know, from "Rescue at Midnight Castle". Another favorite "villain" of mine (I say "villain" because he did actually rebel against Tirek and tried defeating him). I took some liberty in his design, when I started drawing him and I'm quite pleased with the design.

I have a few more drawings of him, but I'll post them later because right now I'm just too tired... -_-

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 11:57:31 AM »
Such wonderful work!  I love how you're drawing some of the original characters. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal