collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Killy's non MLP art thread  (Read 13726 times)

Arkillian

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Killy's art thread try 2
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2012, 03:04:03 AM »
Of course we care!  You are extremely talented and I love seeing your art.  Sometimes, keeping all your stuff in one thread can actually backfire a little because people miss the updates.  I think that's probably what happened in this case.  :hug:

Also, what's a mechanical eraser?  Sounds awesome!  XD

That's mostly cause new threads are made so often that threads only last on the first page for a day or two before it goes to page 2 :< If more people put all their art into one thread then the galleries would stay on the first page longer.  :awake:

Um... and electric eraser is probably a better word for it. An eraser that spins an eraser around in circles. It gives a more accurate erasing edge cause it's a spot erase, not one that requires a stroke that smudges. The stroke is very short, so it doesn't destroy the integrity of the picture. It's pretty darn awesome :) That, coupled with my electric eraser, and this picture happened alot faster than if I didn't have those two parts :)

Green Lantern art?  *glued to screen* 

You're a Green Lantern fan? Which one? :) I'm a big Kyle Rayner fangirl  :lovey: Alot like Hal Jordan (the one in the movie), but Kyle makes more sense as a GL to me since he's an artist. He has a much more interesting dynamic to me (and he's cute which helps ^^; Lol )

i agree with zenna - for my part, i completely missed the update because it was all kept in one thread ^^
your art is amazing, please don't stop sharing. personally, i'm totally into super heroes at the moment, so i was really drawn to that amazing green lantern picture :heart:

Well, I'm not sure if making a new thread for each piece of my art would help. It'd just spam the thread more. If someone argued that custom doll threads should have a thread per pony then I'd agree, but art? Not so much. It gets chucked into the wood work and never seen again.  I donno- what should I do? Make new threads for all my art even thought they're not MLP art? I donno- I guess I'm just feeling a bit down lately for generalised reasons. Not getting any responses made me feel a bit awkward posting here ^^; :cloud:

I just got back into re-reading all my old Green Lantern comics :) It's interesting re reading them all in order for the first time. I started collecting 100 comics in, so I got patchy backcaps of what had happened. It feels more continuous reading it all in order now :) I'm really enjoying it :) It's been too long of a while. What supers are you into (I assume Avengers with the new movie coming out- there's alot of Loki fans out there- lol :))

Offline Lina

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2012, 01:47:38 PM »
if you prefer keeping it all in one thread, then go with that :) but it's all right to make new ones once in a while as well, even though it's not pony art. your works and comments are very appreciated here.
that's great, especially that you have so many comic books...i usually have compilations, that just isn't the same...
i fear i have to admit that i'm a Loki fan as well :silly: and seeing the amount of fangirls, it's almost a little embarrassing...well, he IS awesome, especially when depicted by Tom Hiddleston.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

my wishlist || my sales || thanks to myself for my avi :P and SDS for sig! || Candy Gloss || Asteria
~ I need SHS baits! PM me with offers if you have! ~

Arkillian

« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2012, 02:24:44 PM »
It's not that I want to preferably- if this site's dynamic is making a new thread for every piece of art posted then I'll comply. IT just seems excessive posting so many threads- specially when my art isn't tailored for the site.

I'm trying to sell off alot of comics for when I go flatting... um... I'm not sure of the American term for that. When you move away from home and rent an apartment with a friend. I'm also paying off ICL, an operation I'm getting done on my eyes to correct them. IT's really expensive, but I'm at a brick wall with my eyesight so I'm hoping this will take away the pressures my eye sight gives me  :nerdy: It's a pretty major op for me, and I likely wont have perfect vision afterwards, but anything is better than what I have now.

I'm a movie Loki fan too, but the shear mass and craziness of the fangirls stops me from drawing fanart ^^; I don't like getting involved in fandoms. It's bad enough drawing Doctor Who fanart. Doctor Who has atleast calmed down in the last year (It's still not safe to draw David Tennant though >.> ). I'm not a fan of Marvel, but they did a REALLY good job with Avengers. Even Hulk was likeable, and I hate Hulk XD My fav will always be Ironman though. I love his comics, and RDJ is adorable  :lovey: Him and Spiderman redeem Marvel for me. I wouldn't follow anything else though. I'm not a fan of their universe. Too depressing. Mind you, DC is getting like that too >.>

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2012, 06:49:59 PM »
Of course we care!  You are extremely talented and I love seeing your art.  Sometimes, keeping all your stuff in one thread can actually backfire a little because people miss the updates.  I think that's probably what happened in this case.  :hug:

Also, what's a mechanical eraser?  Sounds awesome!  XD
Um... and electric eraser is probably a better word for it. An eraser that spins an eraser around in circles. It gives a more accurate erasing edge cause it's a spot erase, not one that requires a stroke that smudges. The stroke is very short, so it doesn't destroy the integrity of the picture. It's pretty darn awesome :) That, coupled with my electric eraser, and this picture happened alot faster than if I didn't have those two parts :)

I think I seriously need a mechanical eraser.  That sounds so cool!!!  :)

And I'll echo what Lina said, ou can keep your stuff in one thread or post new ones.  We generally ask people to stick to one thread/day, but other than that it's fair game.  Most of the art here is pony related, but NPA is encouraged as well.  Everyone likes seeing your work, so don't feel awkward about it.  However you want to post is just fine!  :hug:

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Lina

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2012, 12:38:39 PM »
I'm a movie Loki fan too, but the shear mass and craziness of the fangirls stops me from drawing fanart ^^; I don't like getting involved in fandoms. It's bad enough drawing Doctor Who fanart. Doctor Who has atleast calmed down in the last year (It's still not safe to draw David Tennant though >.> ). I'm not a fan of Marvel, but they did a REALLY good job with Avengers. Even Hulk was likeable, and I hate Hulk XD My fav will always be Ironman though. I love his comics, and RDJ is adorable  :lovey: Him and Spiderman redeem Marvel for me. I wouldn't follow anything else though. I'm not a fan of their universe. Too depressing. Mind you, DC is getting like that too >.>

Actually I think the Marvel Universe isn't too bad...depressing, yeah, but if you stop at the right places (before it goes too crazy) it's all right! ;D
I agree with you: the fangirls are insane. I'm totally not into that kind of fandom either. I'll rather have my small, private crushes. ;D

my wishlist || my sales || thanks to myself for my avi :P and SDS for sig! || Candy Gloss || Asteria
~ I need SHS baits! PM me with offers if you have! ~

Arkillian

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2012, 06:34:16 PM »
I think I seriously need a mechanical eraser.  That sounds so cool!!!  :)

And I'll echo what Lina said, ou can keep your stuff in one thread or post new ones.  We generally ask people to stick to one thread/day, but other than that it's fair game.  Most of the art here is pony related, but NPA is encouraged as well.  Everyone likes seeing your work, so don't feel awkward about it.  However you want to post is just fine!  :hug:

Mechanical eraser isn't necessary. If all you're doing is linearts and not full renders in pencil then you should be fine with a retractable eraser. They keep their point a bit sharper than a block eraser does. The electric eraser actually takes the tooth of the paper off which isn't so great. It's kind of a erase once not twice thing.

I'll see how I go with individual threads. I just don't like old conversations to be lost like they do with the thread per image thing.

Actually I think the Marvel Universe isn't too bad...depressing, yeah, but if you stop at the right places (before it goes too crazy) it's all right! ;D
I agree with you: the fangirls are insane. I'm totally not into that kind of fandom either. I'll rather have my small, private crushes. ;D

Yeah- the Ace Attorney fandom freaked me out when it was at it's peak. I got SO many page views drawing AA fanart. Now the fandom has died back with CAPCOM not translating the games, I prefer it like it is, but maybe a little busier. I guess some fans need mass excitement for them to get into something :/ It's why I prefer old fandoms >.> Or lesser known ones. I don't get the crazies with Kings Quest and Green Lantern (unless I somehow attract the Renolds fans >.> )

Offline WaePonies

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2012, 07:20:37 AM »
ur work is beautiful ^.^ very talented ^.^ really inspires me to get back into drawing more ^.^
xoxo

Arkillian

« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2012, 08:38:39 PM »
Oh- thank you :) It can be hard sometimes spending 10s of hours on a picture and feeling un noticed out there amongst the world where a fav or reblog is so cheaply done. It's pretty down heartening when a sketch can get more attention than a picture I've spent 10 hours on >.>

It's really great to hear when you've inspired someone though :) I really like to see arts be passionate about their art and get better at it :) If I've given you that then I'm really happy :D 

Sorry if that sounded a little genetic- I'm still recovering from some sort of flu I've had for the last week. Haven't done any drawing for a whole week  :cloud: It's a really sucky chest cold too. I think it's about over now, but  I'm just recovering from spending the last three days trying to cough it up. I look a mess T.T Heh... Darn you crappy health. Haven't had a cold in over a year and when I do get one it's slightly short of avian flu bad >.<  :snow: Hopefully that's behind me now though!

Offline WaePonies

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2012, 03:39:23 AM »
I hope you feel better ^.^ so u can get back to doing what you love ^.^
I'm a bit like up, I dont really draw ponies, so its nice to see that your thread has so many nice comments ^.^
I hopefully I'll get back in the game soon lol ^.^
Good luck with ur next piece ^.^
xoxo

Arkillian

« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2012, 05:03:56 AM »
Cheers :) My next one is actually one I drew a few weeks ago, but have been dreading colouring cause I HATE digital colouring T.T I'll see how long I last, but it's a comic book page for a fanfiction I wrote 8 years ago

Feel free to comment if you like it :)

Offline WaePonies

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2012, 05:44:24 AM »
haha ^.^ totally love the idea of green lantern doing things like getting cats out of trees :P

xoxo

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2012, 10:48:50 PM »
That's adorable, the Green Lantern rescuing a cat from a tree!  XD  You are so good at people!

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Arkillian

« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2012, 04:20:52 AM »

He... doesn't normally save cats from trees but DC normally start story arcs with Green Lantern saving something and I thought a cat would be nice to start this one off with. I'm impressed that my cat looks vaguely cat like too. I must be improving on them  :blink: I don't know when that happened... :P Hoping to get another page done soon. Still recovering from the flu  :sick: I'm on day 8 and I've still got constant head aches and coughing up gross stuff T.T Hopefully I'll be better by the weekend *crosses fingers and toes*

Offline WaePonies

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2012, 04:47:31 AM »
aww, hope your better soon

xoxo

Offline ZennaBug