collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 minty  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
G3 minty
« on: February 10, 2016, 03:33:05 PM »
how htf is the diva pose G3 Minty, I scored one in a lot once and gave her away but have not come across another anywhere! what is she worth??
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline Tiggums6

• Arena Supporter
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G3 minty
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 04:58:56 PM »
Really?!?!?

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 06:38:43 PM »
I just bought a diva pose Minty whose hair needs work for $4 plus shipping. Not sure what she is really worth, especially in mint, but she does seem to show up less often.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Tiggums6

• Arena Supporter
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 12:46:47 AM »
well that's a start I guess, lol last couple threads I started have no replies I think so cheers :)

$4 was a steal or par for the course??

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 05:14:01 AM »
I'm curious on this too because I'm not sure the last time I've seen her for sale!  I always thought she definitely was worth more than the average g3, but not quite as much as ponies like Beach Belle/Caribbean Delight. 
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 10:23:15 AM »
I thought she was worth a little more too, because she does seem to be one of the least common Mintys. I never paid much attention to prices for her though. I'd be interested if anyone could confirm that she used to sell for significantly more than other G3s. I don't think she was as uncommon/valuable as diva pose Tink-a-Tink-a-Too was...
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 10:57:25 AM »
Diva Minty was only released as a bonus pony at walmart with the Glitter Glide (ice skating rearing pink G3) and as such she is pretty uncommon/rare. I honestly am baffled people have been getting her for so cheap because her price was pretty daunting in G3 terms for a while there!

If she's showing up cheap, I say get her if you can because she's one of the hardest to find american releases. I think even Anchors Away shows up way more often than she does. I'd honesty guess she'd go for at the very least 15 usd, but I could be wrong. She used to go for quite a bit more.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 01:49:12 PM »
I too had the impression she was worth a bit (for a G3).  If you see her for a cheap price, snap her up. ;)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Tiggums6

• Arena Supporter
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 05:07:34 PM »
Okay so she must have been released in Australasia too as I'm in New zealand and I got her in a huge lot of G3s and ponyville stuff locally, some mum clearing out toys...

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 10:50:57 AM »
Interesting topic! I'm getting more into G3s lately, what would you guys say are very rare ones, htf? You mentioned a few above and it peaked my interest ^_^
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Offline Tiggums6

• Arena Supporter
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 02:01:36 AM »
Anchors Away was quite hot for a while... Port-a-bella maybe as well??

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 08:38:41 AM »
I second Anchors Away and Portobella- Then any birth flower pony really. There's international releases of course which are rare but in US terms I think those are what pop into my head. Diva pose Tinka as well. When G3 has sit about long enough and becomes more 'vintage' in terms of age and collectability those ponies are likely going to be the Mimics and Night Gliders of collecting. Some don't think it'll happen but I'm pretty confident it will given enough time.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 10:20:11 AM »
I second Anchors Away and Portobella- Then any birth flower pony really. There's international releases of course which are rare but in US terms I think those are what pop into my head. Diva pose Tinka as well. When G3 has sit about long enough and becomes more 'vintage' in terms of age and collectability those ponies are likely going to be the Mimics and Night Gliders of collecting. Some don't think it'll happen but I'm pretty confident it will given enough time.

I agree . . . Yeah, you can find big bags of G3s in thrift stores now for a few dollars, but in the 90s it was the same way with G1s.  Eventually the flood of "I donated my daughter's ponies to Goodwill" will stop, and the people who had them as kids will get nostalgic.

I don't think MIB G3s will ever reach G1 level, though, because too many collectors were purposely saving them at the time.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2016, 07:11:53 AM »

I agree . . . Yeah, you can find big bags of G3s in thrift stores now for a few dollars, but in the 90s it was the same way with G1s.  Eventually the flood of "I donated my daughter's ponies to Goodwill" will stop, and the people who had them as kids will get nostalgic.

I don't think MIB G3s will ever reach G1 level, though, because too many collectors were purposely saving them at the time.

This I agree with as well, and theres so many in the collectors community. I think the exception will be ponies that came with a lot of accessories that you won't be able to find loose.

I only have a few pics on my photobucket but you can see there are small easily lost pieces, and most G3 lots I see don't have a lot of accessories. As an accessory freak, this is something I feel pretty strongly about. Just wait, those little bits will mean something later.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal