collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: - The Do You Remember - Thred!  (Read 4336 times)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
- The Do You Remember - Thred!
« on: August 26, 2015, 05:26:26 PM »
This thred is for thoese Happy Memories!
Please share yours! Here is how it goes.
You post
'Do you Remember getting Quackers for your Birthday I do!

Let's have fun!-

Do you remember sitting on the coutch watching My Little Pony tals? I do!

Thoese where the days being 5 years old withought a care in the world.
I called it pony tails. I remember getting a purple cabbage patch pony with dark purple birds as a symbol.
With my birthday money, mom picked it out for me. I wasen't tpo crazy for ponies then but I loved pony tails.
To bad I couldenkt have getten the real thing but by then mlp was off the market and out of stores from what I recall.
I had offical ponies before then but I don't know what ever happened to
Water lilly, bubblefish and all the others I don't remember..
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:21:39 PM by Kiwi »
:accomplished:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: - The Do You Remember - Thred!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 06:12:20 PM »
I remember Rescue at Midnight Castle the best.  I had no idea what was about to happen when that rainbow poured from the sky. 

I remember picking my first pony, Glory out at the store.  I read all the backstories first and chose from there.  Moondancer's backcard story was a little frightening. 

I also remember a friends birthday party.  She got Bowtie, Applejack, Cotton Candy, Blossom and Butterscotch. It amazed me.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:21:29 PM by Kiwi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 06:21:18 PM »
LED, I have edited your thread title to remove the "official" claim. Official threads are only to be started by Arena Staff, members are welcome to start general discussion threads.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 06:25:29 PM »
LED, I have edited your thread title to remove the "official" claim. Official threads are only to be started by Arena Staff, members are welcome to start general discussion threads.
Sorry about that I had no idea thank you for letting me know and making the changes :)
:accomplished:

Offline Mainsail

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 06:52:25 PM »
I remember first seeing the G2 ponies in stores, and picking out Berry Bright as my first one. :D

I wasn't born until 1990, so I missed the G1s, you could say. Though I remember discovering them back in 2002. :)

My MLP Tumblr

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 01:41:00 AM »
I remember getting all three mermaid ponies for Valentine's Day. I ripped them open at red lobster haha.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 01:55:05 AM »
I remember being allowed to pick one of the brand new Candy Cane ponies in store and my grandma had so much patience and allowed me to think for more than half an hour (!) which one I would take, lol. (I picked Sugar Sweet that day <3)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 06:45:53 AM »
I remember being five years old and renting My Little Pony in Dreamland from the local gasstation.

I remember getting a My Little Pony movie for christmas and being dissapointed it wasn't Dreamland but Bright Lights and Woe is me. Good enough, but not what I wanted, lol.

I remember entering the toystore in the smalltown next over and find a wall of ponies. I was about to buy a pink pegasus (might have been Heart throb but I'm not sure) but then mom showed me Mainsail and I decided for her instead.

I also remember being in the city at a departmentstore, full intent on buying a Barbie Horse and mom tried to show me My Little Ponies instead, probably because they were cheaper. I thought they were boring because they were all boys! My older brother tried to get me to buy a green baby clydesdale and I refused because I thought it ugly! In the end I bought Barnacle as he actually was cool, being a pirate and all. But I had so many regrets for it, as I really wanted that Barbie Horse, so he became the villain together with Mainsail.. I hardly played with him at all, which I am lucky for nowadays, haha!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 07:12:35 AM »
I remember being approximately three years old and giving Rainbow pony Windy a shower in a maroon easter egg box by tipping water over her. I still don't really know why - three year old logic.

I remember...being five years old and going to Carrefour with my Dad to spend my birthday money. I remember a whole wall of Flutter Ponies (or it seemed to me) and my looking at them all. I remember looking for Wing Song but she wasn't there. In the end (and probably with Dad's encouragement) I bought Tropical Breeze. We then went to the cafe which had a view over the town and I sat there with my new pony on the table with me. Tropical Breeze is now my favourite flutter, so I chose right :)

I remember getting the Show Stable and Grooming Parlour second hand for Christmas 1990. Inside the stable was a very beat up Princess Aquamarine, with white hair and one missing symbol. I only had one Princess before that, though, so I loved her and she and Sapphire spent a lot of time together. I have an upgrade now, but I still have my beat up Aquamarine.

I remember going to town after Christmas one year, probably early 1991, and having a whole dispute with my mother over buying Braided Beauty because her box cellophane was damaged. I won in the end, and because of this dispute I know she came in a box, not on card like the UK release should have!

I remember when Dance & Prance Songster got a little too friendly with Princess Star Gleamer and Mum had to cut a knot out of Star Gleamer's tail. Fortunately you can't tell now, Mum did a really good job - but it's the only time a pony of mine ever had any hair cut.

I remember buying Sunset and my sister Stargaze at Children's world and then playing with them in the cafe at Sainsbury's afterwards.

I remember getting Cherry Treats - my only scented pony as a child, probably for this reason - and opening her in the car. Dad demanded to know what the horrible smell was, and had renamed her Stink Bomb before we even got home :) He still calls her that to this day.

I remember buying Little Lullabye in Birmingham on the way to the theatre before Christmas to see Scrooge.

I remember going to my first carboot sale and being really excited to pick up Lickety Split and Parasol, ponies I'd never had as a kid.

I remember being given Sunburst when my sister was born. I don't remember her. Just Sunburst. ;)

I remember when Mum was seriously ill in hospital and Dad took me to buy a pony to cheer me up. I remember choosing between Surfing Days and Rainbow Magic, and ultimately choosing Rainbow Magic because her story said she could grant wishes. I remember asking Mum if she wanted me to leave the pony with her because she had magic powers xD. The wishes obviously worked as my mother survived.

I remember stalking the orange stall at my Dad's school's fete when I was ten years old because they wouldn't let me buy Gypsy before the fete opened, and I wasn't letting anyone else get her (she cost me 30p and I love her even now!)

I remember taking Baby Sea Ponies to my friend's family's country club and playing with them in the swimming pool (her Backstroke and, probably, my Ripple, as she was my favourite at the time).

I remember chasing the boys in the playground and jabbing them with unicorn horns to stop them throwing our ponies onto the roof.

I have lots of pony memories, honestly...these are just a few :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:14:26 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 07:25:38 AM »
I remember taking Sweet Pop out to play in my front yard in the evening when the street lamps came on and holding her up so the light would catch her pretty eyes.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 07:58:25 AM »
I remember paying for Baby Ribbs with pennies I had saved.  It was at K-mart, back when they were in Canada, and the sweetest cashier counted it all out for me!  He was about 6 or 7 dollars.  She seriously had the patients of a saint =P

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 09:39:09 AM »
I remember standing in the toy store aisle, choosing which seapony to get. All three were so amazing, it was agony to pick just one! Wavedancer ended up winning after lengthy deliberation. She was my constant pool companion for the next four or five summers afterward, along with a growing school of baby seaponies. My brother and I loved to use her in our games.

I remember waiting in the car while my mom ran an errand, stroking Heart Throb's hair and just sort of marveling at how pretty she was. I thought she was almost as pretty as Glory, which was high praise indeed from seven-year-old me! It seems unthinkable now to leave your first grader alone in the backseat of the car in the middle of summer, but the 80s were a simpler time.

I remember saving up a little bit from each babysitting gig in order to send away for Baby Sugarberry and Baby Moondreamer. Those kids were spoiled, hyperactive hellspawn, but I powered through each night with thoughts of ponies.

I remember being so surprised and happy to see Merry-Go-Round ponies in an Army surplus store, because I'd missed out on getting one during their regular retail run. I stood in the aisle and agonized again about which to buy, since apparently the only thing that had changed with me over the years was that I was using my own money! :P

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 10:22:40 AM »
I remember coming home from school one day to find a huge box on my mum's bed and wondering what was in it. Later she called me into the bedroom and told me to close my eyes and hold out my hands, and when I opened my eyes again I saw I was holding the box with the Perfume Puff Palace and Dainty Dahlia. I loved Dainty Dahlia's scent and kept her in her box for years so she wouldn't lose it.

I remember being in the UK Activity Club and getting Baby Bridesmaid and Baby Fun and Games. I also loved the activity packs that used to come several times a year :)

I remember persuading my mum to buy me Baby Sister Bright Bouquet when the Loving Family Ponies had just come out in the UK. When she was fresh out of her package for some reason she smelled like marzipan :)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 10:29:49 AM »
I remember finding MOC Bunny Hop secretly hidden in my aunts closet... had to put her back of course because I didnt want my aunt to know that I had been rummaging around in her closet, because I knew that wasnt allowed, lol. I tried the whole day to bring the attention to this certain pony so she would remember that the pony was there and give it to me XD (I was like "You know what I like best? Ponys with bunnies and magic hats! Lalalala..."and so on; it didnt work though, lol. Got Bunny Hop a while later ;)

I remember building a fairground for my ponies from any stuff I had in my room. I used building blocks, books, Legos, Playmobil, Barbie, my dolls, my stuffed animals and anything else I could grab and my mother got angry because I literally messed up ALL my toys that day, lol.

I remember getting the MLP Movie (The End of Flutter Valley) for my birthday and invited my friend to watch it with me. She brought her ponies and we of course decided the ponies had to accompany us while watching. We build them up all along the sofa so we hardly would have space to sit down ourselves. The best part of the film was the commercials, I remember us sitting there, asking our ponies which ones they would like to have as their new friends!

I remember faking a secret language that only me and my ponies could understand. My friend did the same with her ponies and thinking of it makes me laugh so hard. It wasnt even a "language" it was more of a whisper sounding like.... yeah I cant find anything similar to that, lol.

I remember finding an awesome fakie in a store. it was a blue Buddy L pony, with a star-shaped jewel on her head. She could do gallopping noises and a whinny when you squeezed her hips. I loved her to pieces!! There were two other colors available and I always wanted to have them all but didnt have any money left and my parents refused to buy her for me. Then one day we had a visitor; it was a neighbor of us and a friend of my dad and I really liked him a lot. He was carrying a plastic bag when he came and I remember it was really bad weather that day! It had been raining all day long and when Rainer arrived he was soaked wet and so was the bag. He pulled something colorful out of it and I immidiately freaked out of joy when I recognized it!! It was the pink version of my beloved Buddy L pony!! Sadly her package had gotten a little wet and so I unpacked her as fast as a could. The package said "Keep away from water" and even if the pony itself didnt get wet from the rain I always thought she had been damaged from it... her sound was much more faint compared to her blue buddy. I kept a very close eye on them both since that day <3 still have them!

I remember visiting a fleamarket with my grandma and finding two Sweetheart Sisters there (Bright Night and Wild Flower)! I was already 12 or 13 that day but I totally wanted them, so my grandma bought them for me. I felt so silly because everyone told me I was too old for ponies but I lost my doubt when my grandma played around with them, putting them in her pocket and let them poke their heads out so they would see where we were going, lol. It was soo cute <3

I remember visiting another fleamarket with my aunt and a friend of mine. We found some ponies and my aunt let each of us pick some. My friend got Baby Glory and Baby Cuddles (not sure about Cuddles though) and I got Salty and Braided Beauty. We were already 12 years old but we played in my aunts house for hours with our new ponies that day <3

I remember going through a not so easy period in childhood... I was 11 years old and had been given a real pony for my 11th birthday. The pony was an older broodmare and she was hardly saddle-broken. She also was sooo nervous so I was pretty afraid of her (still cant forgive that she had been chosen over the pony I wanted myself because she was more beautiful *sigh*... while the other pony was looking plain but had been soo well-behaved). She was living at the stable of my parents friends and we would visit her a few times a week. One day the pony had been really nasty and I was so tired of trying to cope with her so I secretly hid myself in the bedroom of one of the familys kids. It was a 6yo boy and I hid myself on his bed, crawling under his blanket to keep me save. When it got to warm I peeked out and saw a Barnacle lying there in the floor!! She was in an awful state and soo dirty but I took him and cuddled him because ponies always calmed me down. It worked and when I felt better I crawled out of the bed and put Barnacle back. I secretly wished the boy would give him to me but he still needed him for "adventure" which meant he would throw him around, seeing how far he would get :/ *sigh* But still, Barnacle saved my day <3

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 10:44:23 AM »
I remember getting Magic Star from my parents - pretty sure it was for a birthday. She was my first SS; I loved the flocking and always petted her like a real horse! Back then, 'she' was a 'he' to me.  :biggrin: :satisfied: ^.^

I remember going to Wal-Mart with my Grandma and getting Sweet Stuff.. I took that pony everywhere with me!!  ^.^

I remember playing with Gusty, Sweet Stuff and Fizzy (also bought for me by my Grandma) at Grandma's house.

I remember writing on Locket and Masquerade with a black pen.. LOL..  >_< :lol: I always called her Keyhole instead of Locket. :biggrin: I wrote Keyhole on the NDS of her.. On Masquerade, I started to write out the name.. didn't know how to spell it, and then realized, uh oh.. this pen can't come off!  :shocked: So "Maskerad" (?) is written on the NDS...hehe..I have to actually look and see what I wrote..  ^.^

I remember cutting Chief's forelock off because, according to my brother and me, it was "way too long."  >_< :lol: I also remember trimming Locket's forelock too..  :blush:

I remember the day I bought my Sandcastle and Shovels at Wal-Mart. . .  ^.^

I remember looking at all the TAFs at the store (I think it was either KMart or Toys r Us??) and wondering, why in the world would anyone want a pony with pickles and hotdogs on her?? (Munchy) :biggrin: :satisfied: :lol:  I also remember shuffling through the Sweetberry ponies in the store... I wanted to get Yum Yum, Raspberry Jam and Boysenberry Pie..but my mom told me I could only get one.. so I ended up getting BP because she was a purple unicorn.  ^.^ :)

I remember buying Napper at a discount store (much like Big Lots, but it was called Discount City in Jacksonville, Texas). She was the last pony I ever bought brand new at any store..  ^.^

I could go on, but that's just a few..  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal