collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 651
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Your Biggest Bargain Brag!  (Read 3016 times)

Offline Jahlila

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Page
Re: Your Biggest Bargain Brag!
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2013, 12:09:56 AM »
Ooo Slug, that BIN is to DIE for. Congrats!

Let's see...... I found this lot about a year ago on Craigslist for $100. Can you see who's in it?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The best part is all the ponies were either NM or Excellent shape. Some looked right off the card.

Also found this Auriken Bowtie at my local swap meet or .25. Didn't even realize what she was until I got home. Despite her flaws, I still think she's gorgeous.

Oh! And I found TWO FS Applejacks from the same vendor for .50 each. One even had most of her accessories.
*~*Jahlila*~*

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2013, 12:29:34 AM »
wow, amazing finds here! and so many pretties, i still find ponies i didn´t knew they existed. XD (like the "skribble " ponies)

okay, here we go:
1. Where did you find your bargain pony/ponies/merchandise - a thrift store? eBay? in a bin?!
the big Fleamarket in münster last week. i was about to go, even thought i might have missed one or two rows on this giant fleamarket. a friend from my sister was with us and like: " oh hey, there have been ponies, i guess they´ve been real". so i slowly walked up to that stand and with a distance of a few meters i saw some neoncolors and got super excited! i was looking for my last childhoodpony, hula hula, since i started collecting, but seeing these color in real again and holding her in my hands again let my heart jump! but you can´t scream of joy in front of the sellers, they ethier think you are nuts ore the pony is worth one million. XD so i keep bravely calm and squeeeked all the way back. XD
soo awesome colors! ;o; she really was my grail, i am so lucky to find her, even for that price!

2. What was the bargain price? This obviously varies, i.e. getting a rare pony for $10 may still be a massive barg!
50 cent for that gorgerous girl!

3. Post a picture of your beloved pony.

dem colors

this girl is pure summer for me!  :frolic:
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2013, 01:15:42 AM »
oooh, you guys got some very very very nice bargains :D

My biggest bargain happened a few years ago.
I was visiting a fleamarket with my daughter and my aunt and since we didnt have much time we split up. I told my aunt to watch out for ponies and went on... there was a guy with many boxes then and I started digging through the them. I pulled out an Italy Lickety Split and a ... wait is that a fakie?

No its not!! Its Greek Bluebell and she was in amazing condition <3 But from the feeling when you first touch a greek,... she was like a fakie lol. I tried to hide my excitement... you cant go crazy in front of the seller, as Emuel said, they will think youre nuts or (and thats even worse) they will think the pony is worth millions!! So I tried to keep calm and asked for the price. He said "Both are 2€." ... I only had a 5€ note and gave it to him and he went away to change it. Omg, he was only gone for a couple of seconds but I felt like ... cant describe lol. Well, thats how I got my very first Greek... Elzee, as she is called, is sooo cute. Id never ever give her away!

Another story... how I got my first german Raindrop. This pony seems to be my lucky pony lol.
Well, one day, when we still lived in the city on Hannover, me and my husband (back then my boyfriend lol), spotted a fleamarket on our way to his parents. It was his mother´s birthday and we were a bit hurried but westopped for a few minutes to check out the market before we went on. I got a couple of rows along until I spotted something bright :D And there they were : ponies!! Yay! I jumped in excitement and asked the seller for the price. And while he replied I spotted her in the crowd : German Raindrop :D

She had no mane, but... it was her :D and I didnt have one back then. I got her and a few others for about 1€ per pony and when I was about to leave, the seller asked me "Dont you want to take this wonderful, rare piece too? Dont miss the chance of owing a rare rare rare pony!" ... and he pointed to a fakie, bright neon pink with tinseln in its mane and so ugly... oh my lol. And I replied : "No thanks, I just took the more rare one already..." and went away lol. I know it was kinda rude, but that fakie just kicked me off lol.

And when saying, Raindrop seems to be my lucky pony... I just got a new one, with original hair, for amazing 11€ o.o
No photo yet, but... oh my, im still soooo amazed by her, she arrived yesterday.
Thats her :
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Mein-kleines-Pony-Hasbro-1983-/360692427022?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:DE:1123

I was afraid for her to have marks on her NDS or something, but in fat she is near mint :D A few regrind spots, thats all. Oh, love her <3

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2013, 03:17:32 AM »
Miraja, I actually mainly collect haori jackets and zori shoes rather than Kimono, plus fabric bolts to make into things, but I'm always looking out on eBay to see what's about and love the culture :)

Jahila, that's a really amazing lot you've got there, and for such a good price! Pretty incredible that Tiffany has her hat and wand, you must have been very excited about that find!

Emuel, your grail pony is beautiful, she's in such good condition! It's always lovely when you find a pony you miss from your childhood.

Einhornbaby, your Bluebell is b-e-a-u-tiful! I love it when you get a pony worth loads for next to nothing, and try to hide your excitement as you pay the seller. Such a good feeling :D

momo_no_hime

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2013, 04:16:19 PM »
Yay! I love brag threads like this. :D

HOLY COW spottedslug! I would have cried tears of happiness if I found a lot like that!

I found Baby Up, Up, and Away at a Star Wars shop, strangely! The owner was buying a collection of Star Wars stuff from a lady, and she told him to take a big box of ponies too since she just wanted them gone. He was selling them for really cheap because he didn't want to deal with Ebay or researching them.

I got this lovely lady with super pink hair and original curl for $1 or $2, if I'm remembering correctly! (The petites that she's with were a thrift store find. All of those were in a bag for $2!)

I also found magenta Satin 'n Lace for $2 at a thrift store and bought Munchy at a garage sale for $1. :D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 04:18:19 PM by momo_no_hime »

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2013, 05:35:49 PM »
A working Sweet Talkin' Pony at Savers for $2. :D Love her!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2013, 06:04:02 PM »
Purple Valentine's Day twin when I was 16 for .50 cents.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline mermaid_splash

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+167)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2013, 06:28:19 PM »
Holy wow SpottedSlug that is amazing!

My greatest score

1. Flea market find in Houston, TX.  2 Indian ponies Butterscotch and Bluebelle.  Originally I passed them up as I do not collect CP ponies.  But get this...my husband says go back for them just in case!  Lol!

2. Bargain priced 2 for $3

3. They have since been sold to lovely arena members and I no longer have their pics.

mermaid_splash, you wouldn't happen to remember the name and/or location of that flea market, would you? Sounds like I have some place I need to check out!  :happy:

Trader's Village, I could always find ponies there.  I miss it! 

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2013, 06:37:43 PM »
HOLY COW spottedslug! I would have cried tears of happiness if I found a lot like that!

I rather frantically hit the BIN button and hit refresh to make sure it was mine. I was shaking and my heart was racing. Then I was afraid they wouldn't show up because the seller wasn't offering DC or insurance... parcel post only.

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2013, 10:32:07 PM »
Holy wow SpottedSlug that is amazing!

My greatest score

1. Flea market find in Houston, TX.  2 Indian ponies Butterscotch and Bluebelle.  Originally I passed them up as I do not collect CP ponies.  But get this...my husband says go back for them just in case!  Lol!

2. Bargain priced 2 for $3

3. They have since been sold to lovely arena members and I no longer have their pics.

mermaid_splash, you wouldn't happen to remember the name and/or location of that flea market, would you? Sounds like I have some place I need to check out!  :happy:

Trader's Village, I could always find ponies there.  I miss it!

Thanks! I was wondering if that was it. I live pretty near there and was wondering if it might be a good place to check. It was just kinda shady last time I went. Of course I wasn't looking for ponies at that time either.  :frolic:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2013, 02:23:27 AM »
My biggest bargain was Indian Cotton Candy at a Toy Fair for £2 :biggrin:

autojoy

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2013, 02:40:31 AM »
Ohhhh, these stories are all so amazing!!!   :frolic: I have nothing to add, really... I hope to one day. I am totally living vicariously through this thread!!!!!!  :)

HippieBex

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2013, 06:05:25 AM »
Most of my finds have been from Car Boot Sales. Last year I found Edgar for 10p. In the past i've found a lullaby nursery for £1 and it had a load of ponies in it including Baby Splosh. My mum found me Baby Candy for 30p and when i was little people at boot sales tended to give me things for free and it still happens now sometimes most recently was last week one someone gave me Drink 'N Wet Baby Cuddles but I think that the best thing's i've ever been given for free were a couple of Mountain Boys and Last year someone gave me a free Applejack and when i looked at it, it was French Applejack. :biggrin:

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2013, 06:42:54 AM »
There was a garage sale many years ago I went to and found like 10-12 ponies and 2 fairy tail birds at.  I can't remember all that I got there but I do remember that Princess Taffeta, Buzzer, and High Flyer were in there and all them were 10 cents each.  I don't think I have a picture of them right now.

I also got baby dancing butterflies in a big box of ponies at a garage sale for a good price a couple of years ago.  Also both of the valentine twins were there (1 purple, 2 white). I think I paid $40 for a bunch of accessories, 15+ ponies, and two playsets (show stable, baby school of ballet).  baby dancing butterflies had to be cleaned up and she's got a slight forlock trim but she's still beautiful.
Before:

After:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:50:04 AM by FairyDust »

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Ianthe99

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2013, 01:17:24 PM »

I rather frantically hit the BIN button and hit refresh to make sure it was mine. I was shaking and my heart was racing. Then I was afraid they wouldn't show up because the seller wasn't offering DC or insurance... parcel post only.

Holy crap, I BET! What an amazing find! I have gotten some great deals over the years.. but nothing like that!
I love reading about everyone's luck! (and thanks to everyone who iked my pony brag. :-) )

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal