collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me some alternate re-hairs - Thread II  (Read 58061 times)

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Show me some alternate re-hairs - Thread II
« Reply #1155 on: November 30, 2013, 07:11:57 AM »
I think a Flickr account would be great, and I'd love to help any way I can. . . but I'm going to be limited due to a interstate move that's likely going to be happening this spring.  Gorgeous rehairs, Saja!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 30, 2013, 07:41:29 AM »
I would siggest simply making a group, instead of an account. That way everyone can easily contribute.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 30, 2013, 08:20:48 AM »
I would suggest using Flickr. We could create one Flickr account and then within that separate sub folders "Pegasus", "Unicorn", "Baby" "Big Brother" "G4" etc.

There are then 2 options. Either everyone who wants to take part has the username and password to the account and you upload your own images to the requisite folder - at the same time you can tag the photograph with your username in order that people know the source. Or perhaps a half dozen or so people only have the username and password - they are responsible for uploading and tagging the images. I like the latter idea better because its more controllable. There is also nothing stopping people who become more active being involved in uploading but it means a restricted number of people accessing the account which will prevent confusion. People who wish their images to be added can simply pm one of the members who has access to the account and have their pictures added.

When I start a new thread - when this gets to 100ish pages - I can include in the first post a link to the "Alternate Rehair Gallery" as well as the IDs of the users who have access to the account to upload.

A couple of conditions would need to be made on this:
1) I am so sorry but I simply don't have time to run this myself; I am happy to over see it, start it up and allocate the members who will have access to it - but you guys would nee to pretty much run it. I ll happily be the middle woman if someone wants to drop out or someone else wants to have access to the account but the rest needs to be run by you all. :)
2) It would not be an "official" Arena run account it would need to be member run; I am volunteering to help because I can edit the title posts of threads like this.
3) I would suggest you use it as a back reference - mainly so that when people delete there pictures there is perhaps still a reference for them off thread. And that you all continue to post your amazing re hairs in this thread!

Just let me know here if thats something you want to try.

I love this idea...I wish I had more time and energy, as I would do it myself, but I just don't have either.  >.<  We could do a group of some sort, and request that each artist include name of pony, hair color and site it was purchased at, if it was hand dyed, and who by, etc.  I wouldn't mind doing that at all in my own pictures.  It would definitely help keep track of who did what rehairs, especially for future generations. 

That being said, I am having trouble with rehairing some of my g1s.  I'm not pushing hard, I've been using a push pin, and I'm not using super large needles or large plugs of hair, but I'm having the plug rows split, and whole rows get messed up.  I'm wanting to sell some of the ponies, but I don't want to sell them in that condition (I know they likely would be loved anyway, but still).  What am I doing wrong?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: December 01, 2013, 02:13:27 AM »
A group is certainly a great idea however any one taking part would then need to have a Flickr account to join and not everyone does. It would also need more management than a single account due to potential discussions. I do think it would work well but the goal is just a gallery and I also cant help but wonder if it would be too complicated for what it needs to be maybe? I also dont want to link in the first post to a Flickr gallery which could have a discussion board which may not stick to MLP Arena rules. 

The blogger site is a fantastic idea too - the only thing again would be trust me it is a lot of work to stay on top of all the images. I think this only helps if you have a group of people managing all the images. However could the flickr gallery be linked out and use the blogger as a front page perhaps?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: December 01, 2013, 02:30:32 AM »
The blogger site is a fantastic idea too - the only thing again would be trust me it is a lot of work to stay on top of all the images. I think this only helps if you have a group of people managing all the images. However could the flickr gallery be linked out and use the blogger as a front page perhaps?

I think this would work best, I agree it should only be 2 or 3 people tops managing as it could be too crazy with too many managing it. We could just PM or email our new images to the peeps in charge and they can add it in. We'd have to find some volunteers that could dedicate some spare time to this project and keep on top of it. Starting it out is going to be a lot of work with all the pics we have so far but once it's put together managing it shouldn't be too difficult or time consuming.

Post Merge: December 01, 2013, 02:36:41 AM

That being said, I am having trouble with rehairing some of my g1s.  I'm not pushing hard, I've been using a push pin, and I'm not using super large needles or large plugs of hair, but I'm having the plug rows split, and whole rows get messed up.  I'm wanting to sell some of the ponies, but I don't want to sell them in that condition (I know they likely would be loved anyway, but still).  What am I doing wrong?

Hmmm I'm not sure what you're doing wrong (if anything). Did this happen on just one pony or more than one? If it was just one pony I wouldn't worry about it, could just be the pony.

I do the same as you, push pin to stretch the hole, then put plug on.
Also depends on how the plugs are. Sometimes there's barely any plastic between the plugs so in that case I usually skip some plugs.

Maybe some of the more experienced rehairers can give you some advice
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 02:39:17 AM by Lady Starflower »
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: December 01, 2013, 02:50:10 AM »
Ok...I ll start up the account. I need the following

1) PMs from those volunteering to manage the account
2) Suggestions for the categories; lets not have too many we dont want dozens and dozens of sets, we would be best with 10 or 12 sections
3) If anyone wants to send me an image for the header/avatar for the account that would be good too!
Loa is my love god!

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #1161 on: December 01, 2013, 03:36:33 AM »

I can manage keeping a blogger site up to date if the image gallery in the background is off my hands. :) No problem for me going through the newest photos few times a week to keep the site updated.  :awake:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #1162 on: December 01, 2013, 03:52:58 AM »
I've been thinking on the categories. Tags could be used to further sort things but all Gens together would likely work best because some Gens are pretty short on entries to some of the categories.

1. Babies & Newborns
2. Wingers & Flutters
3. Big Brothers & Daddies
4. Sea Ponies
5. Pegasi
6. Unicorns
7. Princesses
8. Twice as Fancy (Cascade & Pretty Patterns from G3 would fit here)
9. Sweetheart Sisters
10. all other Earth Ponies

I'm going to try and work on a logo today. Nothing really inspiring me yet though... -_-
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: December 01, 2013, 04:54:27 AM »

I can manage keeping a blogger site up to date if the image gallery in the background is off my hands. :) No problem for me going through the newest photos few times a week to keep the site updated.  :awake:

That sounds like an awesome idea!
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: December 01, 2013, 05:07:57 AM »
Oooooh! A logo would be awesome!
Loa is my love god!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #1165 on: December 01, 2013, 08:31:45 AM »
Can't wait to see what becomes of this gallery idea :biggrin:

As for now, I have a bunch of new gals to share... :thumb:

Royal Highflyer with new wings (custom wings by Rhini)

Milky Wayyyy-Cool! With a streak of thermal purple to blue, silver and dark purple, just looking fan-tabulous! :biggrin:

Happy Tails TabbyTwo - who still pretty much works! Her mechanism is in tact and replaced inside her!

Ocean Skydancer - rehaired in a rainbow of greens and blues to mimic the ocean.

Happy Tails "Merry Tossles" - she does not have a mechanism inside her anymore, unfortunately hers was rusted and cracked, but she's still lovely - rehaired in a blend of light pinks and white and greens, almost looks set for the holiday season!

Tropical Berry Bright - G2 looking much more set in her beautiful tropical colored bodied!

Snow El'sBells - looking much more wintery now!

Baby Ballerina Springy-Toes - looks a lot more... soft and baby-esque with her new hair!

*phew* Been having a good time rehairing like crazy, getting through my bait box finally, lol! :heart:
(also these are looking for new herds ;))
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1166 on: December 01, 2013, 08:36:35 AM »
Sunshine, gorgeous as always!  Royal High flyer and Ocean Skydancer are amazing!

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #1167 on: December 01, 2013, 08:37:11 AM »
High Flyer looks quite pretty. :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #1168 on: December 01, 2013, 08:41:54 AM »
wow, so cool to see that  Berry Bright rehaired :)
very nice!
Tropical Berry Bright - G2 looking much more set in her beautiful tropical colored bodied!

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1169 on: December 01, 2013, 08:48:21 AM »
Ooh Sunshine I love your new girls! Milky Way is  :dropjaw:

And I love what you've done with the Happytails girls as well, I've never thought I'd like to own them before but these look lovely :heart:

P.s. I love the way you style their hair too!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 08:52:04 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal