collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon 20th Anniversary! Get Meloetta Via Nintendo Network  (Read 172847 times)

Online Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon 20th Anniversary!
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2016, 03:39:02 PM »
(belly flops in thread)
Woo hoo! You've tapped into my current "peak" special interest!!

Er, if I had to choose between Kalos and Hoenn I'm always going to do Hoenn.
What can I say? I'm biased. It's my favorite generation and the one I grew up on (next to the Kanto anime of course.)

Personally, I'm super excited for the rereleases of Red, Blue and Yellow to come out.
I've always wanted to complete the very first Pokemon games and for some reason, it's easier to keep my attention on a console than on an emulator.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2016, 10:10:10 AM »
They each have their own perks..and are very different.

Ill say, sapphire did a VERY good job adding new content to make it worth playing through if you've played the original--and its got one of the highest density of legendary pokemon that's obtainable in game ive ever seen.

I tried to put in my Y yesterday and went @.o okie I forget where to go and what to do.  There are a lot of pokemon that you cant get in Ruby/Sapphire that you can in X/Y (like the kanto starters) so it might be worth getting both.  ETA: you do get a bunch of starters from different regeios in ruby/sapphire though..just not kanto and..like, 1 or 2 more areas?)

I remember liking the different versions of a single pokemon in Y.  Different types of 'fields' make it interesting.  You can also customize your character.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 10:11:54 AM by melodys_angel »

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2016, 08:03:45 PM »
The customizable character thing was mostly what I enjoyed in X and Y! I like the little me running around in roller skates! I wasn't too big on the story, but other gameplay was fun. I like how you could chain fishing near a rock and you can find shinies easier!  :biggrin:

One thing I really loved in D/P/Plat was that you can get pretty much all the little fossils and stones by mining! Those little mini games were fun! Also a lot of legendaries and they included I think just about almost every Pokemon in the game to be seen for the pokedex- easier to find Pokemon on the GTS!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2016, 08:15:48 PM »
I would suggest getting XY just because its the newer generation, where ORAS is kinda like a reboot (i think that's the right word xD)

I do like the oras games, don't get me wrong. But if you're looking at getting into the new style of the games, id say XY just because, like some said, more "new" pokemon, and fun options, I love how safari works in XY, the character physical and clothing customizing is really cute, you don't get that in ORAS unfortunately. I STILL play X xD its kinda what I consider my go to, for my pokemon collection.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2016, 09:31:07 PM »
Okay so either X or Y seems to be the consensus.  Are there major differences in those games like how Black and White had different areas (Black City & White Forest) or are they more like the older games where the only difference is which pokemon you could catch?

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2016, 10:34:49 PM »
Okay so either X or Y seems to be the consensus.  Are there major differences in those games like how Black and White had different areas (Black City & White Forest) or are they more like the older games where the only difference is which pokemon you could catch?

Theyre the same, with a couple exclusive pokemon between the games.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2016, 07:00:18 AM »
Quote from: MoonbeamStar

2 will always be my favorite for various reasons, but I truly and honestly just didn't get the hype for Gen 3 remakes. And I was very underwhelmed once I played the game. I've actually never played a Gen 4 game, so I can't judge them (that was during my off-time from Pokemon) and I didn't get back into the series until Soul Silver, which is still my favorite game.

Oooh, speaking of which! You know what would be amazing for them to incorporate into a new game? Pokemon walking behind you again! That was probably the best gimmick ever.

Woot Woot! *high five all the way* Johto girls FTW! xP I may have been introduced to Pokemon at Gen 1, played the cards and had almost all 151 toys.... but Silver/Gold/Crystal will ALWAYS be my favorite!!! The games....just wow. They feel like home to me. I just love the Japanese atmosphere in that game! I would so want to live on the Whirl Islands and Ectruteak city would be my weekend party place LOL! Crystal was like the best game ever! I'm also a hardcore fan of Soul Silver, I even almost completed the Dex besides Shaymin and Arceus!

I also agree with the Pokemon following you! And the PokeWalker! Bring it back!!!! I actually excersised a LOT with that thing in hopes of getting those rare items and Pokemon! Them Dive Balls- I would jog a mile every morning at the park to get one until I had enough to capture Lugia because I had to have it in a Dive Ball!  It also got hubby outdoors and gave him an excuse to go jogging! We still have our Pokewalkers, I just love em'  :blush:

I would actually love another Gen 2 game, maybe with a totally different storyline and add in the newer Pokemon! Give older pokemon seasonal appearances! Give it seasons and a calendar with numbered days like Animal Crossing so we can have Johto festivals based of ones like in Japan! *dies imagining Ecruteak in autumn with Japanese maple trees* OMG Gamefreak make this girl's wish come true! :heart:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 07:06:14 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2016, 07:23:17 AM »
I'm super excited for all they mythical pokemon and the new 3ds. I'm so tempted to get it, I've been wanting a bigger screen XL I'm still using a first run 3ds I've had since 2012 ish?
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2016, 10:10:04 AM »

Oh I definitely agree about R/S/E being the weaker entries in the series. I think they had some great strong points: The region, the music, and the tweaks that really made gameplay a thousand times better such as the Pokemon PC box system. However, I just didn't like them as much... I think I really hated how they took away the day/night system and pressed a 'reset' button on the story, which I really enjoyed how G/S/C were sequels to R/B/Y.

I'm glad I'm not alone! Back in the day, it was actually the popular opinion, but somewhere down the line it seems like things changed drastically and R/S/E became VERY popular while G4 and G5 received a lot of hate I feel is undeserved.

I always get so much crap for putting gens 5 and 6 above 3. 2 will always be my favorite for various reasons, but I truly and honestly just didn't get the hype for Gen 3 remakes. And I was very underwhelmed once I played the game. I've actually never played a Gen 4 game, so I can't judge them (that was during my off-time from Pokemon) and I didn't get back into the series until Soul Silver, which is still my favorite game.

Oooh, speaking of which! You know what would be amazing for them to incorporate into a new game? Pokemon walking behind you again! That was probably the best gimmick ever.

I really do think it'd be neat for them to release a new game of some sort this year, for the 20th anniversary of the franchise. Like... Pokemon Snap for the Wii U is a thing that needs to happen, just sayin'. :lol: I just want them to go all out with merchandise and things like that for the anniversary. I'm looking forward to any more announcements about what they plan to do this year.

Generation II has long been my favorite, too. Especially Crystal, because we were finally able to choose a female trainer. G/S/C also had great music. I loved the addition of day/night, and the little things, like being able to have small amounts of furniture in the home. It kind of feels like it led me up to finding one of my favorite series ever: Animal Crossing.

Anyway, the Pokemon following feature never won me over. In fact, I'd rather not have to see it again unless it is optional. I've found Pokemon Amie to be a thousand times better in cute interactions with Pokemon. It's repetitive and all, but not like the Pokemon following feature was anything more substantial or varied.

In regards to Pokemon Snap, I would not really be interested in it, unless they took the idea to a whole new level, dropped the on-rails gameplay, and made it a free adventure throughout a vast land with ALL Pokemon. That would be a game I would like to see... But Pokemon Snap as it was on the N64, it's not substantial enough to catch my interest again.

|My Collection|

Offline melodys_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2016, 09:53:37 AM »
Man I hope this works.

I have a whole box full of pokemon to transfer from Y to OS.  I don't have pokemon bank (im sorry.  If I buy something its mine! None of this 'pay us this much each month or year', even if it is a service)

Im going ot punk my sisters DS and see if I can use it to do the transfer.

Both games are updated and shes on my friends list so it should go through>>

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2016, 09:06:52 PM »

Ooh! I misunderstood.  I thought you meant a card with a code for the game itself.  I'm just an in game collector (and plushies) I was never one for the cards.  Hopefully I will be able to get a console by April at least.

Ummm.... I think you may still be a bit confused. You get a card from Gamestop on it that has a code that lets you acquire the legendary pokemon (in this case Mew) for the game X, Y, OmegaRuby, or AlphaSapphire. It's not a trading card type card. It's just a card with a code, because really that makes more sense than having a bunch of people taking up the limited space inside the GameStop stores trying to download pokemon, like they used to. The card for Mew can only be gotten from GameStop in February, but the card can be activated (entered into the game to get the Mew) anytime until May.

Yeah, I didn't even realize they did that now.  The last time I did one of the Pokemon events was Black/White for Victini and we just went in to get it over wifi which is what threw me off.
Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2016, 11:39:45 PM »
Man I hope this works.

I have a whole box full of pokemon to transfer from Y to OS.  I don't have pokemon bank (im sorry.  If I buy something its mine! None of this 'pay us this much each month or year', even if it is a service)

Im going ot punk my sisters DS and see if I can use it to do the transfer.

Both games are updated and shes on my friends list so it should go through>>

You can transfer pokemon between XY and ORAS :D (I think thats what you mean anyway by OS?) but yeah iv never had much trouble, just need another ds, luckily my son and I each have one xD

Offline melodys_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2016, 08:22:01 AM »
I had to update my sisters DS but it worked out (and I got to see what was in my safari since it 'updated' the friends list..as wellas punked the safaris of her other friends and my brother, who is a brat and wont give me his code.

Kind of a pain though.  Atleast it worked.

Trying to complete the ORAS dex..I find it odd how there are a few that you don't naturally see or cant catch in there..like the third starter you and your rival (wait..friend) doesn't pick, the other version of the games legendaries, or the other Lati.

I asked a friend to get me the starter I haven't seen but it might take a bit, and I might have to bug my brother to 'show me' the other lati/legendary since he has ruby just to complete the stupid thing.

Other thing I really don't get..why people give away pokemon that look like they may be hacked in wonder trade or gts.  I don't have pokemon bank so it doesn't effect me but I feel bad for those that rely on pokemon bank to shift their pocket monsters between games.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2016, 08:32:51 AM »
If theres any starters you would like, i can help you with that any time, just let me know :3

Online Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2016, 08:33:21 AM »
I had to update my sisters DS but it worked out (and I got to see what was in my safari since it 'updated' the friends list..as wellas punked the safaris of her other friends and my brother, who is a brat and wont give me his code.

Kind of a pain though.  Atleast it worked.

Trying to complete the ORAS dex..I find it odd how there are a few that you don't naturally see or cant catch in there..like the third starter you and your rival (wait..friend) doesn't pick, the other version of the games legendaries, or the other Lati.

I asked a friend to get me the starter I haven't seen but it might take a bit, and I might have to bug my brother to 'show me' the other lati/legendary since he has ruby just to complete the stupid thing.

Other thing I really don't get..why people give away pokemon that look like they may be hacked in wonder trade or gts.  I don't have pokemon bank so it doesn't effect me but I feel bad for those that rely on pokemon bank to shift their pocket monsters between games.

Which starter? I have all 3 final evolutions Kanto-Hoenn, Torterra, Samurott, Serperior, Chesnaught and Greninja so if it's related to one of those lines I'd be glad to breed one for you to keep. :3
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal