collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 248499 times)

Offline silverfall

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ponytopia.com
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #1440 on: February 18, 2019, 11:37:45 AM »
I had wondered if Lemon Drop would be seen either with the stable or as a single (i would have been ok with that) or even 5-packed with Bubbles, Seashell, Apple, and Bowtie. I was a little surprised by the alternate parlor. Now I am wondering what would they do with Sprinkles or Majesty? I guess I would like singles vs nothing. Playsets are fine but roomy. I need the space for other things, but a petite version of the castle or waterfall might be fun on my desk. Anyway random thoughts. It is fun to see ideas.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The site is retired and I should probably update this.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 18, 2019, 11:51:28 AM »
That's lovely to hear that they want to fix the delicateness. It's lovely to have a company who appears to genuine care about what the fans want (side-eyes to Hasbro).

That makes sense about the manufacture. I remember the mention they aren't confirmed yet.

I am concerned about thicker wings. I am quite fussy about flutters and one reason I love them in box is the delicate wings are preserved. I don't really think thicker wings would look 'nicer' than the originals. I also think them a bad choice of retro for the reason of a need to change the wings...but maybe I'm a minority. I also haven't seen them in person...

I agree, its a very fine line they are going to have to walk to keep them sturdy and yet have them as beautiful as the originals. If they are anything like the prototype I think they will be great! The prototype felt like they basically have the same material but doubled the thickness (put two wings on top) which is enough to make it strong but retain the original feeling of them. I trust they are going to do a good job if they are able to make them. :D Can't wait to see!
~Foxtale~

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1442 on: February 18, 2019, 12:23:50 PM »
It's not just about the feel, though, but how they reflect the light as well. When original wings get dusty they look duller, which is how I feel thicker wings would look, not having the same relationship of wing to light through thicker plastic.

I realise I am being fussy about something I haven't seen, but little details like this bother me xD. I love the wingers but the flutters are something extra-special, and it's all...all..ALL about the wings ;) and their irridescent sparkle.

All my flutters are winged already, although about half are with repaired original Hasbro wings, rather than mint ones. Even give that, though, I don't think I'd be tempted to buy extra sets to substitute wings for the broken-and-now-repaired ones. I'd rather wait, save money and buy some more MIB originals.

But I will decide whether to get these when and if I ever see them. I won't import those from overseas, it will have to be an on shelf and in person decision. Although I admit if Tropi was one of the options being put up for consideration, I would be more persuaded. ;)

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 12:25:24 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 18, 2019, 12:33:13 PM »
Just jumping in to clarify a few things as someone who saw the flutter ponies in person at the booth.  ^.^

- They didn't want the Flutter Ponies to be shown originally as they are not confirmed yet and not finalized. They will only be made if a retailer picks them up. Aside from the wings, the Flutters shown are not new (keen eyed collectors can see if  you look closely ;D)
- The prototype wings are much thicker and nicer. They are well aware of the issue with the broken wings and promised to ensure that wouldn't happen if made.
- They hope to still have them be able to "flutter"
- They hope to make the wings iridescent as opposed to what is shown.

As to other new items, they do have more surprises coming soon than what I see posted so keep an ear out and hope for the best ;D

Ooooh  we should all write/call the buyers for Target/Walmart ect and tell them to please order the flutters!  What a shame if they don't get picked up- I know they'll be popular

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #1444 on: February 19, 2019, 03:01:57 AM »
I have never owned a flutter pony, how exciting! I think my daughter is going to lose her mind for those for sure!

Offline Wind-whistler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 19, 2019, 04:18:00 AM »
Just jumping in to clarify a few things as someone who saw the flutter ponies in person at the booth.  ^.^

- They didn't want the Flutter Ponies to be shown originally as they are not confirmed yet and not finalized. They will only be made if a retailer picks them up. Aside from the wings, the Flutters shown are not new (keen eyed collectors can see if  you look closely ;D)
- The prototype wings are much thicker and nicer. They are well aware of the issue with the broken wings and promised to ensure that wouldn't happen if made.

As to other new items, they do have more surprises coming soon than what I see posted so keep an ear out and hope for the best ;D

Wow! Thanks for clarifying! I feel positively overwhelmed by so many good news, I can't believe they are actually (ok, hopefully) releasing Flutter Ponies... I never had a single one as a kid, so to me is a great chance. This is really looking good and I can't imagine what we might be getting in the future. It's definitely a good sign BF considering this and other sets and there are obviously other details that I might not have 'innovated' as Lemondrop in a recolored Pretty Parlor, but well, we can't blame them for saving costs. I feel optimistic and thankful for having the oportunity to get if not a 100% accurate re-release, a glimpse of the same nostalgia for introducing G1 to new generations.

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 19, 2019, 08:14:40 AM »
I'm so excited to see the flutter ponies, I really hope they get picked up by stores. We still only have the collector pose and first set of Rainbows here. I'm dying for all the next waves!!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 19, 2019, 08:59:07 AM »
Went to Smiths UK today, cp retros are selling at £8.99 at the moment.

Chatted with a lady who was choosing one as a gift for a kid's birthday party, she turned out to have been a huge G1 fan as a kid; I mentioned to her about the rainbows being released too and the chance that *maybe* flutters will be remade and the look of "wow omg" on her face, I think I got her excited!  :lol:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1448 on: February 19, 2019, 10:13:10 AM »

Ooooh  we should all write/call the buyers for Target/Walmart ect and tell them to please order the flutters!  What a shame if they don't get picked up- I know they'll be popular

I agree!  I'm going to try to find Target's contact info (since they seem to be the most reliable at getting the retros on their shelves) and telling them I WANT FLUTTER PONIES.

A note to anyone writing / emailing a store:  Be sure to mention the brand name (Basic Fun) and "retro", not just "flutter ponies" or "My Little Ponies", because otherwise they are probably going to assume you're talking about some G4 ponies with fluttering wings.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 19, 2019, 11:28:13 AM »

Chatted with a lady who was choosing one as a gift for a kid's birthday party, she turned out to have been a huge G1 fan as a kid; I mentioned to her about the rainbows being released too and the chance that *maybe* flutters will be remade and the look of "wow omg" on her face, I think I got her excited!  :lol:

Wait. Your Smyths have the retros? I no longer have access to the one in Friern Bridge (sob) but the one back home doesn't have them and they're not on the website. I've seen them in Entertainer and Toymaster, but not in Smyths O.o.

I asked Entertainer a while back about whether they plan to take more Basic Fun lines, and they said they didn't know at this point, there was nothing on their system, but they'd pass it on. I hope they do. Entertainer is a pretty good mainstream outlet.

Argos also has them, but Argos is no fun to buy ponies from :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 19, 2019, 11:40:02 AM »

Wait. Your Smyths have the retros? I no longer have access to the one in Friern Bridge (sob) but the one back home doesn't have them and they're not on the website. I've seen them in Entertainer and Toymaster, but not in Smyths O.o.

I asked Entertainer a while back about whether they plan to take more Basic Fun lines, and they said they didn't know at this point, there was nothing on their system, but they'd pass it on. I hope they do. Entertainer is a pretty good mainstream outlet.

Argos also has them, but Argos is no fun to buy ponies from :/

Yes, my Smyths (oops spelled it Smiths earlier) had the CP retros, (such a joy to see! All 6 were there!)
I was going to take a photo  :whistle: but that lady was hovering around... was tempted to get a Minty to debox but had my kid with me (busily demolishing the scooter display so I had to make a hasty exit!)

You can request a preview at Argos when you pay at the till, they will bring a selection around and then you can pick the one that you want, but yeah, hassle...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 19, 2019, 11:51:16 AM »
How does one go about doing that? Telling a store you want them to stock something.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 19, 2019, 12:16:45 PM »
How does one go about doing that? Telling a store you want them to stock something.

Find their customer services email and send them a friendly message? That's how I've done it.

@Glitterball - you have all the pony luck o.o.
And yes about Argos, but yes, it is hassle.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 19, 2019, 12:30:33 PM »
Thank you Taffeta. I'll hafta try that. :)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Wind-whistler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 19, 2019, 12:42:16 PM »
So you all feel like taking a close look at the Flutter prototypes and Lemondrop? Check this out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQOKR4EQNnA
(2'42'')
P.D. Video is in Spanish.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 12:48:42 PM by Wind-whistler »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal