collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rare ponies on eBay?  (Read 62285 times)

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Rare ponies on eBay?
« Reply #405 on: April 28, 2019, 03:32:18 PM »
Not being a collector is not a reason to not disclose the damage on the cards and boxes. He is knowingly selling a collectable and stated he expected hundreds of dollars for each because they are MIB/MOC. Are there really sellers out there that think the condition of the collectables' packaging doesn't effect the value?

saying "look at the pictures" is not enough, I'm sick of sellers saying look at the pictures then damage that is pictured but not very clear can be waved away. But that is something I find upsetting across the board not just this case.

And yeah that Cherry Treats 😱 I kinda looks like something melted into her and stained? I wouldn't pay even the 10$ starting price for her
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 28, 2019, 04:58:09 PM »
Are there really sellers out there that think the condition of the collectables' packaging doesn't effect the value?

More often then not, yes. There's been many stories in the past about it.

-_- I've even gotten that sort of ignorance from collectors who should know better. (not disclosed damage AND poor packaging). Nothing like paying $500+ for an item and then noticing minor damage to the packaging that wasn't talked about or really shown clearly in pix... *sigh*

And yeah that Cherry Treats 😱 I kinda looks like something melted into her and stained? I wouldn't pay even the 10$ starting price for her
That was my thought, it looked like something melted. o_O but I can't imagine what could even cause that. I also wouldn't want to pay $10... poor thing...

Very curious to hear anyone else's input if they know what that is.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #407 on: April 29, 2019, 05:05:50 AM »
I think I said in my other post that there are things the seller might not know are important to buyers and things that they should know are, including card and bubble damage, given that MOC items are not a pony only phenomenon but a general collecting THING that someone into selling stuff would and should know about. But pointing out the other things if you notice them is important too. I suspect it's more that he didn't notice because he didn't look closely at the items before this, rather than not seeing or trying to conceal flaws. They're just ponies, right? :) How much can possibly be wrong with them? (As we know, a good deal!)

Not being a collector is not a reason to not disclose the damage on the cards and boxes. He is knowingly selling a collectable and stated he expected hundreds of dollars for each because they are MIB/MOC. Are there really sellers out there that think the condition of the collectables' packaging doesn't effect the value?
This exactly was my point too.
I feel so sorry for her. If I had any money I'd want to rescue her. I think melting or burn of some kind rather than mould as mould would have spread up inside the whole bubble and this is just around the edge of her face. It makes me think she was either in really direct light or, as the card isn't faded, up against some kind of heater :/

I hope she goes to a good home.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 30, 2019, 09:56:47 AM »
What could have happened to Cherry Treats? It looks like some kind of mold/fungus on her face?

Ponyfan

Yikes I saw that too-  my guess is that these ponies were in storage somewhere humid and hot- maybe a combination of dirty condensation and mold...

I cringed when I read that review that the seller put a NRFB carded pony into a BUBBLE MAILER. I hope he learned his lesson on that ...

I remember once buying a super rare fragile NRFB Brazil SSC, and the buyer wrapped the ultra-thin aged cardboard doll box- in brown paper before mailing. NO other protection whatsoever.  Unsurprisingly it arrived 100% mashed.  It was heartbreaking.

Offline Sonisia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 07, 2019, 06:17:59 AM »
Incredible collection. So mamy great Ponies still in original boxes. I would love to see some of them at my pony shelf 💓💓💓💓💓💓💓 Especially Fizzy :P

Offline Eighties_Otaku

• Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 01, 2019, 09:48:46 PM »
Anyone still keeping track of the total? I'm curious what ones he has left now too. I know the playsets are still there.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 02, 2019, 06:56:25 AM »
Anyone still keeping track of the total? I'm curious what ones he has left now too. I know the playsets are still there.
I am sure the shipping is a huge deterrent on the playsets...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #412 on: June 02, 2019, 02:51:13 PM »
Oops, Sorry. I didn't post the last totals.

The lot before last came to $5319.90
Last lot came to $9084.33

New overall total: $87585.92

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #413 on: June 02, 2019, 11:57:11 PM »
Are there really sellers out there that think the condition of the collectables' packaging doesn't effect the value?

In the late 90s I saw a MOC Glory on eBay.  Her bubble had yellowed--not unusual.  So then I read the auction description.  Wherein the seller said "I wasn't sure if the pony was still white inside the package, so I opened it.  Yep, still pure white!"

I then died inside.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #414 on: June 03, 2019, 06:16:27 AM »

In the late 90s I saw a MOC Glory on eBay.  Her bubble had yellowed--not unusual.  So then I read the auction description.  Wherein the seller said "I wasn't sure if the pony was still white inside the package, so I opened it.  Yep, still pure white!"

I then died inside.

Ouch!  :yikes:

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #415 on: June 04, 2019, 02:58:29 PM »

I then died inside.

That is brutal.    I wanted to bang my head on my desk after reading that.   Nooooo!  Don't open the package!!!

Offline nebulavery

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 04, 2019, 09:22:52 PM »
This whole thread is a wild thread! Might have binge read the whole thing in one sitting, whoops. Don't think I'll end up purchasing anything since I don't collect MIB, but it sure is fun to see how much everything sells for.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #417 on: June 04, 2019, 09:26:17 PM »

I then died inside.

Ouch!  :yikes:

If you think that's bad, a year or two ago there was the seller who opened a MIP Bobbie to get better auction pics.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 05, 2019, 04:21:18 PM »
That's awful! Yikes! :shocked:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 05, 2019, 04:38:09 PM »
It happens a lot with NRFB dolls too. I've seen several sellers either say they removed everything for photos or they took everything out to make sure all of the accessories are in there.  :shocked:

I have the seller on my favorite sellers list and haven't seen any new listings from them for a while.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 07:01:44 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal