collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rare ponies on eBay?  (Read 62283 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Rare ponies on eBay?
« Reply #315 on: March 29, 2019, 07:20:07 PM »
Any idea who this “prince” pony is they keep mentioning in their listings??

No idea... guess we'll find out with time...

--

Man, I feel really bad for that MIB purple princess he listed. Her poor nose is smushed from how the person who owned the storage unit beforehand had stored the ponies all piled up....

I've never seen a pony nose smooshed like that either. I've noticed a lot of the boxes this time aren't as pristine as the first ones we saw.

I just saw my one and only childhood Dream Beauty Song Rider. I wish I could bid on her.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Squirtsquirt

• Trade Count: (+235)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 29, 2019, 07:26:57 PM »
I'm wondering if this "prince" is Baby Lucky?  He has a bow tie and kinda looks like a prince, if Rapunzel is a queen...
Thanks to Whippetluv for my awsome persona pony!!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #317 on: March 30, 2019, 03:25:03 AM »
I'm wondering if this "prince" is Baby Lucky?  He has a bow tie and kinda looks like a prince, if Rapunzel is a queen...

Ah that's a possibility....I hadn't thought of him.

Am weirdly amused by the photos of purple princess and the helpful biro.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 30, 2019, 08:22:21 AM »

--

Man, I feel really bad for that MIB purple princess he listed. Her poor nose is smushed from how the person who owned the storage unit beforehand had stored the ponies all piled up....

I've never seen a pony nose smooshed like that either. I've noticed a lot of the boxes this time aren't as pristine as the first ones we saw.

I just saw my one and only childhood Dream Beauty Song Rider. I wish I could bid on her.

Ponyfan

I don’t see it? It looks the same as the other Misty’s I’ve seen in box. Am I missing something?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 30, 2019, 08:23:51 AM »

--

Ponyfan

I don’t see it? It looks the same as the other Misty’s I’ve seen in box. Am I missing something?

Not Misty. The eyelash princess :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 30, 2019, 09:05:14 AM »

Ah that's a possibility....I hadn't thought of him.

Am weirdly amused by the photos of purple princess and the helpful biro.

I hope price is Mimic. XD
(yes, not a boy).

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 30, 2019, 03:56:07 PM »

--

Ponyfan

Not Misty. The eyelash princess :)

Ah thank you! I forgot about those princess ponies. :blush:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 01, 2019, 09:46:17 AM »
It is fun to look at so many MOC I don't even collect MOC ponies but was tempted by them-

That bag full of pearlized baby ponies is pretty tempting-  I can understand keeping ponies MOC somewhat, cuz the packaging is so cute.  But who on earth could keep so many adorable ponies in BAGS for 35 YEARS?

It's a good thing I'm not bidding on that auction, I'd buy them all and FREE them immediately!!! *insert mad laughter here***

Post Merge: April 01, 2019, 09:49:49 AM

OMG I just read this was a STORAGE LOCKER FIND?

That kinda makes my stomach tie all up...  can you imagine if this was your collection?  Or finding such a collection in one of those storage lockers?  I might have had a heart attack.

Post Merge: April 01, 2019, 09:52:15 AM

Ooh I saw that listing, apparently it was a friend of hers who bought a storage unit and it happened to have all these G1 MOC/MIB ponies!

What are the odds?!
[/quote]

I know! It's a super amazing miracle! AAAAAAAAA

Post Merge: March 05, 2019, 11:14:09 PM

[/quote]

OMG these photos.   This person cared about their collection very much.  So organized and careful.

I wonder where the collector is? Did they stop paying their storage fees because they got sick? Died? Do they know what happened?  Are they a member of the pony community?  It makes me anxious!!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 09:53:53 AM by Galactica »

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #323 on: April 01, 2019, 10:04:14 AM »
OMG these photos.   This person cared about their collection very much.  So organized and careful.

I wonder where the collector is? Did they stop paying their storage fees because they got sick? Died? Do they know what happened?  Are they a member of the pony community?  It makes me anxious!!!

On the organization - that was done by the person who bought the storage, or the guy selling them, or something. They were not like this when the unit was bought. They were in cardboard boxes stacked on top of one another, which resulted in some boxes being damaged as you can see in some of the eBay listings (particularly with the purple eyelash princess where it damaged the pony too). You can see how they were stored originally in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=7Z3nc8oD13c&app=desktop

Two minutes in they cut to how these were in there originally. It wasn't only ponies in here either. There were also comics, and Transformers, some other stuff too.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 10:05:52 AM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #324 on: April 01, 2019, 12:55:34 PM »
Wow, looking at the video I'm surprised how carelessly the storage unit owner had tossed all these MOC ponies into those huge cardboard boxes!  I wonder if the owner of the storage unit wasn't the original owner either?  Like maybe they bought them at an estate sale or something and just chucked them into the storage unit because they didn't know what they were worth?  Or maybe their parent collected them and passed away?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 01, 2019, 01:59:32 PM »
It reminds me of a situation with a collector here years ago - her parents split up. Her mother was the chief collector and the kid went along with it but the Dad was not in favour and he threw them both out during their divorce. He then proceeded to burn (!) all the packaging and comics (I gave him hell about that O.o) and basically just dumped out all the rest of their collections - some of which he had people come to the house to buy and others ended up sold to dealers (who took better care of them) including some MIP or boxed items.

It may be a similar situation.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #326 on: April 01, 2019, 03:39:50 PM »
Someone on a facebook group contacted the seller and it appears the original owner has died.

Offline HarmonyShare

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 01, 2019, 06:23:53 PM »
Someone on a facebook group contacted the seller and it appears the original owner has died.
I didn't realize that. How sad! :(

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 02, 2019, 10:31:35 AM »

On the organization - that was done by the person who bought the storage, or the guy selling them, or something. They were not like this when the unit was bought. They were in cardboard boxes stacked on top of one another, which resulted in some boxes being damaged as you can see in some of the eBay listings (particularly with the purple eyelash princess where it damaged the pony too). You can see how they were stored originally in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=7Z3nc8oD13c&app=desktop

Two minutes in they cut to how these were in there originally. It wasn't only ponies in here either. There were also comics, and Transformers, some other stuff too.

Wow, looking at the video I'm surprised how carelessly the storage unit owner had tossed all these MOC ponies into those huge cardboard boxes!  I wonder if the owner of the storage unit wasn't the original owner either?  Like maybe they bought them at an estate sale or something and just chucked them into the storage unit because they didn't know what they were worth?  Or maybe their parent collected them and passed away?

Oh! What a relief.

So I guess that is what happened-  the original owner/collector probably got sick (or maybe just put in a home or something) and someone put their toy hoard hastily (and not particularly lovingly) into boxes and shoved it in storage. Then the person died and the bill didn't get paid.  OR the family who put it in storage just didn't care about it. So the storage facility sold the contents of the unit to the highest bidder like in "storage wars"...

I know it is super sad that a collector died- (especially as we might have known this person if they were here on the boards 10 years ago!)  BUT here's my thought- although it is sad that someone died, the situation with the selling the treasures of someone who passed away (and who has no idea) somehow feels less horrible to me than the thought of some poor collector (could have been me!) who lost possession of their pony hoard inadvertently... and who has or will find out later that their most treasured things are now GONE FOREVER.  But once I die?  Who cares. Hopefully my wife will take my advice to contact a certain friend to help her liquidize, but even if she finds that to be too much work and just gives it all away-  it won't matter to me as I'll be pushing up daisies.

Hopefully this poor collector never knew that the storage unit was lost.  Probably they didn't.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 10:45:21 AM by Galactica »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 02, 2019, 12:30:09 PM »
So the storage facility sold the contents of the unit to the highest bidder like in "storage wars"...

ironically, the dude who was doing the video... is on that show. -_-

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal