collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rare ponies on eBay?  (Read 62278 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Rare ponies on eBay?
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2019, 11:54:23 AM »
This sellers new terms is worrying. Release an address of NPBs? Blocked for asking questions between certain times. WTF?

Yeah, like, how do those non US people dare to bother him during their time zone? Geez! :nuts:

Uh, but like it means people in the US can't message him outside that window too. Like I do most of my personal time within the window of 6am-8am-- because it tends to be the only time other people in my house aren't up. And that doesn't jive with his window.

If that's his rules, I think it's easy enough to respect. He's already had to deal with time wasters and people just being nosy. It's a 16 hour window, I'm sure some parts of everyone's timezones and sleep schedules will overlap.

9_9 Although he is an idiot and shouldn't assume people know what time zone he is in.

And while he can't, nor shouldn't drop the addresses of NPB, it's not like our community doesn't share usernames (and names if known scammers) of NPBs as well
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:05:28 PM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2019, 12:01:01 PM »
This sellers new terms is worrying. Release an address of NPBs? Blocked for asking questions between certain times. WTF?

Where did you find the new terms? I can't seem to find them (but that may be because I'm on the app)
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2019, 12:04:06 PM »

Where did you find the new terms? I can't seem to find them (but that may be because I'm on the app)

It's listed on the items that have been listed within the last few hours. It is viewable in the description. (I checked my phone)

NEW RULES AND WHAT WILL GET YOU BLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT BID IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF PAYING=BLOCKED!!!!!
DO NOT BID IF YOU CANNOT PAY WITHIN 24 HOURS!=BLOCKED!!!!!!!!!
QUESTIONS THAT READS LIKE NOVEL!!!!=BLOCKED!!! KEEP IT SHORT!
ANY QUESTIONS OF IF I HAVE CERTAIN PONIES!!=BLOCKED!! WAIT TO SEE!!
EMAILS AFTER 10PM AND BEFORE 6AM!! GOOGLE TIME ZONE BEFORE SENDING!=BLOCKED!!!
CONDESCENDING TONE!!!!BLOCKED!!!! BLOCKED!!!! BLOCKED!!!! I DON'T GIVE AF!!!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2019, 12:09:23 PM »
When you have a rare product that is in high demand, as seller, you are king; as much as the contact conditions may put folks out, it won't put them off.

Look at it from the seller's p.o.v. they have been bombarded with queries from pony fans from all over the world, their alerts must be buzzing like crazy, yes, good profit is to be made but they have a life too! Imagine all that shipping they have to sort out at the end, adjusting for international pricing and the logistics of shifting them all. I think I would set boundaries too!  :icecream:

White Cap MIB with shell? I'm sure there is a whole bunch of potential buyers who will abide by the stricter conditions + take a punt.  :devious:

Sidenote>
I see the listings seem to be restricted in that you see all of them on the US .com site but only a couple on the .co.uk site.

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2019, 12:11:47 PM »
The shipping rules look to have been changed as well. When I was viewing from the Canadian version of eBay it only showed two of the rare mail orders. When I looked up the seller on the US eBay I could see quite a few more MIB items. I’m not sure they want to ship outside the US unless it’s an item they think they can make a fortune on :(

Offline Perikoala

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2019, 12:23:06 PM »
Uh, but like it means people in the US can't message him outside that window too. Like I do most of my personal time within the window of 6am-8am-- because it tends to be the only time other people in my house aren't up. And that doesn't jive with his window.

9_9 Although he is an idiot and shouldn't assume people know what time zone he is in.

I know, but people outside America will have it more difficult to send an email. Also, they would have word it in another way and not like they had a tantrum. That only makes drive off potential customers.

You have to check US eBay, they've listed all the auctions but 2 only within the US.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2019, 12:29:41 PM »

I know, but people outside America will have it more difficult to send an email. Also, they would have word it in another way and not like they had a tantrum. That only makes drive off potential customers.

I don't see how it is a tantrum to set a rule. He doesn't want to wake up to a bunch of messages. That's fair.

It's a 16 hour window... everyone's schedule should potentially overlap with it for just a hot 5 minute moment to send a message.

Like right now, you are up during this time. So.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:31:18 PM by banditpony »

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2019, 12:31:39 PM »
I can see how he would feel bombarded with questions. And as for asking whether he has x or y pony - he’s right, we should just wait and see. I messaged him about not using the GSP and he was really nice.

I think he is just realising how monumental the task he has ahead of him is! But also, he could make the process a lot quicker if he listed them in lots/bundles but he obviously wants to do it singly to make the most amount of profit. It’s work, it’s his income so if he has to spend 8+ hours a day listing and packing ponies, that’s just what you’ve got to do to keep them dollar bills rolling in! If I was making the money he is from this locker, I’d be doing it gladly with a smile on my face! 

There’s also no need for all the caps. WE GET THE MESSAGE! XD
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 01:18:26 PM by Noasar »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2019, 12:35:37 PM »
If I was making the money he is from this locker, I’d be doing it gladly with a smile on my face! 

There’s also no need for all the caps. WE GET THE MEASSAGE! XD

NOoooot me. Selling all this stuff on ebay would be a nightmare. I HATE selling ponies to collectors. I'd hire someone to sell it for me.

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2019, 12:41:55 PM »
If I was making the money he is from this locker, I’d be doing it gladly with a smile on my face! 

NOoooot me. Selling all this stuff on ebay would be a nightmare. I HATE selling ponies to collectors. I'd hire someone to sell it for me.

That’s why you’re not out there buying storage lockers! He’s probably done this dozens of times before but he’s clearly underestimated how passionate the pony community is!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 17, 2019, 12:58:40 PM »

That’s why you’re not out there buying storage lockers! He’s probably done this dozens of times before but he’s clearly underestimated how passionate the pony community is!

No I haven't bought a locker, but I have done a side resale hustle for a summer or two. We had a loop of probably 10-15 thriftstores we'd go to, along side multiple flea markets, auctions and estate sales. ).

Ended up with a ton of connections, and my husband took a side job listing for someone who already had stock and an established buy/sell business.

So if I was in that dude's place, I'd hire someone to take pix/ answer questions / and be sweet as can be to the community. :p because I think that'd make more money.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 01:03:55 PM by banditpony »

Offline Princess Fizzy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 17, 2019, 01:53:01 PM »
Wow! I don’t think it’s a bad thing for sellers to set rules up front, but I don’t agree with his methods. Also, threatening to publish addresses of NPB is not advisable as it goes against eBay policy.

Offline Perikoala

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #192 on: March 17, 2019, 02:01:44 PM »

I don't see how it is a tantrum to set a rule. He doesn't want to wake up to a bunch of messages. That's fair.

It's a 16 hour window... everyone's schedule should potentially overlap with it for just a hot 5 minute moment to send a message.

Like right now, you are up during this time. So.

If you don't see or think its ok that they set these rules in such a rude way and "don't give af". Well, I have nothing else to say.

But if it bothers them so much to receive emails, don't sell on eBay/online. It's that easy. You can't expect the easy way when you're selling to a group of collectors. There are always questions.

I personally don't care for US MOCs and even less with such unprofessional attitude. They only will get less money if they are going to block willy nilly.

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 17, 2019, 02:13:20 PM »
I agree..I dont give AF is so unprofessional and I dont care how bad I wanted a pony I would not place a single bid! He needs to act like an adult!

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 17, 2019, 02:22:56 PM »
I feel a bit bad for being amused at his reaction, but if you are listing the find of a century you have to expect people to ask a lot of questions and any time you sell things you will be dealing with rude, time wasting and condescending people. No need to become condescending yourself.

I agree it's good to set some ground rules, but blocking for long messages, revealing personal information and using a curse slang is bad business.

I dont really have the money to afford any of these for what they are ending at but I would hesitate to deal with someone so aggressive.

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal