collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rare ponies on eBay?  (Read 62278 times)

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Rare ponies on eBay?
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2019, 11:06:56 AM »
Well I’m not sure what that one person is up to but they put a bid in on a NIB pony I’ve been watching since the first time it was listed, was listed a couple of times. They won her on March 24th and now she was just re-listed. Not sure if I can post the picture or not so I won’t. But something is off in my opinion.

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2019, 11:17:53 AM »
  Bid in the last minute and drink their bitter tears.

Best advice ever XD XD XD XD XD

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2019, 11:26:32 AM »
Be sure to snipe (bid in the last minute), it can save you a LOT of money because a lot of people don't accurately gauge how much they're REALLY willing to spend on a pony.  If you bid two hours before the auction ends, the other bidders have the chance to hem and haw and justify spending more.  Never give them this opportunity, lol.  Bid in the last minute and drink their bitter tears.

I'd like to add on, just because someone snipes, doesn't mean they will win. Highest bid wins. So, while this is a good strategy, it doesn't always win auctions (on board with everything until "drink their bitter tears" because those tears can be your own).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2019, 11:35:44 AM »
I love the last 5 sec bids. And I don't cry if I lose them cause I always bid at that moment the maximum amount I consider the pony costs. So if I lose it is just fair for me. But I reckon that it has saved me a lot of money. That is a great advice.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2019, 11:49:09 AM »
I love the last 5 sec bids. And I don't cry if I lose them cause I always bid at that moment the maximum amount I consider the pony costs. So if I lose it is just fair for me. But I reckon that it has saved me a lot of money. That is a great advice.

Exactly! If your max is £250 and it goes for over that then...that’s fair enough otherwise you’d just keep going and going. And their top bid could be £400+ Which if they’re willing to pay - go for it! But my max bids really are my max bids. They’re not to block other people out of bidding or drive it up to crazy prices, otherwise you could end up paying wayyyy more than you can afford.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2019, 01:00:44 PM »
Oh yeah, you can totally lose when you snipe.  You really REALLY have to grill yourself on "what's the max am I willing to spend on this--really?"  I do find it less stressful than 'regular' bidding, though, even when I lose.

Another way to figure out your 'true maximum bid' is:  "Would I pay this at a flea market?"  Because that takes "would OTHER people pay it?" out of the equation. Pretend you see the pony in that situation and the price isn't some $5 bargain, but is expensive.  How expensive would it have to be before you walked away and left her there in real life?  Hope this mental exercise helps a little. :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2019, 01:25:58 PM »
It could come with a special edition devil pony.  Which would definitely be a BBE.  :P

Well now I want to make a custom playset...maybe if we get a retro version of the sweet shoppe...

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2019, 01:59:35 PM »

But why on earth does he tag the Brush'n Grows with "LGBTQ"?

SAME QUESTION!  :cool:
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2019, 05:14:18 PM »
So far there are 2 people buying a majority of these, with some people being able to beat them out or they just aren’t interested in that particular pony. Like holy goodness let someone else have some too lol. Anyone here lucky enough to grab any of them? There’s a group I definitely have my eye on that hasn’t been listed yet, but if this trend keeps happening with 2 crazy buyers I probably won’t have any luck.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2019, 05:55:07 PM »
So far there are 2 people buying a majority of these, with some people being able to beat them out or they just aren’t interested in that particular pony. Like holy goodness let someone else have some too lol. Anyone here lucky enough to grab any of them? There’s a group I definitely have my eye on that hasn’t been listed yet, but if this trend keeps happening with 2 crazy buyers I probably won’t have any luck.

ETA: As of sunblossom:

So.
There's 25 unique winners (as of when I was bored and checked).

20 people have won 1 auction.
2 people won 4 auctions
2 people won 3 auctions

and our two heavy hitters.
17 auctions  -- tends to snipe in last few seconds, so that's believable.

and 15 auctions <-- and that is the one I'm kinda eh about because of firefly and bidding on SO many, very oddly, and the current winning totaling up to $5,507ish. ( obviously not including still live auctions like 1,998 for sweet scoops or other auctions with a current high bid.).

I may have missed something along the way. I'm thinking theres troll bidding and it has me annoyed.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 04:49:10 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Shaymin568

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2019, 07:22:30 PM »
Just found the Ebay listings! Holy moly are the photos of the organized collection stunning! I'm waiting for the next set of listings to go up...

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2019, 07:23:24 PM »

So.
There's 24 unique winners (as of when I was bored and checked).

19 people have won 1 auction.
2 people won 4 auctions
1 person won 3 auctions

and our two heavy hitters.
15 auctions  -- tends to snipe in last few seconds, so that's believable.

and 12 auctions <-- and that is the one I'm kinda eh about because of firefly and bidding on SO many, very oddly, and the current winning totaling up to $5,111ish. ( obviously not including still live auctions like 1,575 for sweet scoops or other auctions with a current high bid.).

I'm trying to believe that person just really wants MIB Baby Firefly and MIP Sweet Scoops really bad but I also think the bidding amounts aren't normal and find the fact that they're bidding on so many auctions at once a little suspicious. Sweet Scoops is up to almost $2000 now.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2019, 09:14:22 PM »
I'm trying to believe that person just really wants MIB Baby Firefly and MIP Sweet Scoops really bad but I also think the bidding amounts aren't normal and find the fact that they're bidding on so many auctions at once a little suspicious. Sweet Scoops is up to almost $2000 now.

Ponyfan

Yeah, it'd odd. I've seen people suggest it could be shill bidding, but I don't think that's the case for a few reasons. The prices of Baby Moondancer and Baby Firefly, for example. If this p***i bidder was the seller trying to raise the prices to make money, they wouldn't bid prices so high to where no one else would be willing to bid higher than them, since then their item will not sell. It feels like this is a troll who is just determined to place bids high enough to where nobody else is able to outbid them. Either they do not intend on paying for these ponies, or alternatively they're.. super rich and are somehow able to afford these. But it does feel like this is an outside person who is determined to not let other people have a chance to win.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2019, 09:41:26 PM »

Ponyfan

Yeah, it'd odd. I've seen people suggest it could be shill bidding, but I don't think that's the case for a few reasons. The prices of Baby Moondancer and Baby Firefly, for example. If this p***i bidder was the seller trying to raise the prices to make money, they wouldn't bid prices so high to where no one else would be willing to bid higher than them, since then their item will not sell. It feels like this is a troll who is just determined to place bids high enough to where nobody else is able to outbid them. Either they do not intend on paying for these ponies, or alternatively they're.. super rich and are somehow able to afford these. But it does feel like this is an outside person who is determined to not let other people have a chance to win.

Yeah, I agree with you. Either the seller is gonna block the bidder, report them or just relist the ponies they bidded on or offer them to the second highest offer.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2019, 12:23:24 AM »
I missed out on two last night. I think someone has a sniper app set on them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal