collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rare ponies on eBay?  (Read 62286 times)

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Rare ponies on eBay?
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2019, 06:28:03 AM »
I am so thankful for all those backcard pictures :) I believe this was a collection, maybe put together before the great days of the internet. That would explain why there are no Nirvanas.

But why on earth does he tag the Brush'n Grows with "LGBTQ"?
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2019, 06:33:09 AM »
I had Bouquet as a kid and can confirm she is bi.  As for the others . . . well, headcanon accepted.

Probably they got confused by seeing an acronym like PBnG or BNG.  I know the guy in the video was just a friend of the seller, but I wonder if he helped the seller list them.  He did flub a few words, like when he said a playset was the Satan Slipper Sweet Shoppe.  Maybe dyslexic?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2019, 07:35:27 AM »
  He did flub a few words, like when he said a playset was the Satan Slipper Sweet Shoppe. 

Now wouldn't that be a typo-and-a-half if that was actually on the box!!!!!!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2019, 07:51:55 AM »
It could come with a special edition devil pony.  Which would definitely be a BBE.  :P

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2019, 08:15:24 AM »
It could come with a special edition devil pony.  Which would definitely be a BBE.  :P
:lmao:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2019, 10:03:34 AM »
Typos ftw. That would be an amazing one. Though you'd think when they were typing it they'd be like, wow, that eighties "girl's toy" is pretty hardcore...

Though I guess there is the Rainbow of Darkness...

Moving on...

LGBTQ+ is more random but I guess maybe a: to pick up search hits or b: is MLP now a flagship toy for the community because of the rainbow? (Or LM's version, that's fine too). I had legit not noticed that at all till now.

On another note, it's interesting to see that even with the retros there's still interest in the MOC versions of ponies like Glory, etc. I always notice when Glory and Medley come up MOC (and they don't often, and it's usually the y2 one when they do), but this is the first time I've seen ponies from that set listed at reasonable start prices since the retros happened.

Weirdly Braided Beauty is super nostalgic for me. Mine came in a US box from Woolworths, and looking at her on auction I'm like...yep. That's it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 10:08:23 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Eowynd

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2019, 06:03:02 AM »
Seems to be having shill bidding on these... Baby Firefly is an exemple lol

Sig by SourdoughStomper...Thanks!!

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2019, 07:01:37 AM »
I will gladly stand corrected and agree more likely shill bidding...still sucks IMO I don't know much that can be done other than alert the seller to help with blocking and if ebay can check the history

it is really cool to see so many original cards and boxes for the art sake and so much more :-) really neat to read about those memories of remembering when ya got that box in hand the first time

thanks for sharing :-)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2019, 12:01:24 PM »
I have to admit that if my funds weren't so limited right now I'd probably be bidding on a few of these.

I still can't figure out how all of the bubbles and boxed ended up mostly intact if they were just sitting in boxes.

I have a friend that isn't in to ponies at all but when she saw my pic of Basic Fun Moondancer she was really exicted and wanted me to help her get one. I could see her bidding on the MOC Moondancer because Moondancer is the only pony she wants.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2019, 04:46:48 PM »
I have to admit that if my funds weren't so limited right now I'd probably be bidding on a few of these.

I still can't figure out how all of the bubbles and boxed ended up mostly intact if they were just sitting in boxes.

I have a friend that isn't in to ponies at all but when she saw my pic of Basic Fun Moondancer she was really exicted and wanted me to help her get one. I could see her bidding on the MOC Moondancer because Moondancer is the only pony she wants.

Ponyfan

It is possible to stack them. I speak of experience, some of mine have been unsuitably stacked in the past due to space without any damage occuring. But I have them much better organised now and with bubblewrap and in smaller doll boxes so they're not all pressed together like they were before. I think it's more of a miracle the glue didn't dry out on more of them. And they aren't more yellowed. Some of them are very clean looking.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2019, 09:44:47 PM »
OMG.......I think I might cry.......that is so amazing to see something like that. Almost unimaginable to see so many MIB G1 ponies and playsets.

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2019, 09:48:40 AM »
I'd die if I came across a storage locker like that, lol! Why does it seem all the good pony loot is found on the west coast US if Hasbro is on east coast? Just something I've noticed over the years.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2019, 01:24:39 PM »
I'd die if I came across a storage locker like that, lol! Why does it seem all the good pony loot is found on the west coast US if Hasbro is on east coast? Just something I've noticed over the years.

Why can't some of it show up in the UK o.o *puppy eyes* xD

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2019, 06:50:53 PM »
I used to stack my MOCs, back when I had a lot and couldn't display them all.  They actually stack very nicely if you alternate them.  Like, if you put Twilight in the Tupperware with her feet pointing south, then you put Moondancer in, upside down compared to Twilight, with her legs pointing north.  I hope this makes sense . . .

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2019, 07:50:39 PM »

Ponyfan

It is possible to stack them. I speak of experience, some of mine have been unsuitably stacked in the past due to space without any damage occuring. But I have them much better organised now and with bubblewrap and in smaller doll boxes so they're not all pressed together like they were before. I think it's more of a miracle the glue didn't dry out on more of them. And they aren't more yellowed. Some of them are very clean looking.

I used to stack my MOCs, back when I had a lot and couldn't display them all.  They actually stack very nicely if you alternate them.  Like, if you put Twilight in the Tupperware with her feet pointing south, then you put Moondancer in, upside down compared to Twilight, with her legs pointing north.  I hope this makes sense . . .

I didn't know you could stack them and not damage them. :) That's good to know if I'm ever lucky enough to add more MOC G1s to my collection.  I keep MOC Blueberry Baskets stored flat in opened box where she fits nicely and the top of the box doesn't touch her bubble.

LadyMoondancer, that makes sense.:)

Wow, Sweet Scoops is up to $1500

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal