collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Organza bags for storage  (Read 132 times)

Offline Stargaze

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+83)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLP Land
Organza bags for storage
« on: March 20, 2023, 03:33:53 AM »
I used to keep my accessories in little plastic bags, but I think I'd rather let them breathe. Does anyone have experience in keeping ponies and/or accessories in white organza bags? Would it be safe or could e.g. the pearly layer of the pretty 'n pearly baby sea ponies be damaged by the fabric?

To protect everything from dust I'm thinking about storage in cotton boxes instead of plastic, so the plastic can breathe. I don't know, maybe it will protect things from becoming sticky with warm weather?? My collection is stored in a dry place, so no need to protect from mold.

Thank you  :think:
For information about G1 + G2 + G3: Visit MLP Land 
~*~ My Wish List ~*~  :rainbow: ~*~ MLP Land Sales Albums ~*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Organza bags for storage
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2023, 04:35:56 AM »
You can wrap them in archival paper before putting them in the bag.

edit: I had a thought. I think the only problem you might have with using the fabric bags and boxes is mice. They might chew it apart for nesting material. What I did, when I had to put some things in storage (not ponies but other 80/90s toys) was I put a small box in a larger box and placed moth balls in the space between them. So if something chewed into the outside box, it would be deterred from going after the inner box with my stuff in it.

Howe long are you going to store them? If it's going to be for a while, I would wrap the individual ponies in archival paper, also called museum paper. Put them in the bag, put that in a box, and put that box in a bigger box with the moth balls or whatever deterrent you want to use. Peppermint oil works to keep mice away too.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 05:54:51 AM by BlackCurtains »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal