collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Writers?  (Read 2654 times)

Ponykit

• Trade Count: (0)
Writers?
« on: March 06, 2015, 01:08:00 PM »
There's probably been something like this before, I know. But I wanted to know who else on here writes, or if you have written before. I write a lot of things but most of it I keep to myself, at least for now, although I do have a few things up.

Offline CadePony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
Re: Writers?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 03:27:25 PM »
I used to write a lot when I was in high school. In fact, I had planned on becoming a novelist and had an entire story written out (though it would not have stood a chance at getting published because it was -- oh how should I put it? -- a sci-fi/fantasy story that was more along the lines of "Sailor Moon meets Star Trek").

These days, if I do any writing at all, it's mostly Transformers fan-fiction. My muse isn't as good as it was when I was in high school.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 04:04:58 PM »
I have an extremely long open-ended project in the works that I sometimes dip into for written pieces, but mostly draw things related to it. It changes a lot as I consider new characters, their families and friends and all that. I would like to try doing more writing and maybe share some of it but somehow it feels more personal than drawing so I tend to be nervous about posting it anywhere. :P
That said, I do also write a lot of very short, surreal humour-based stories and parodies of informative leaflets that frequently find their way onto the internet. They're fun to do and other people seem to find them amusing so it's win-win, really!

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 06:35:56 PM »
I love writing!!  Right now, I'm 100,000+ words into my first novel.  I started it for National Novel Writing Month in November and got my first 50,000 words done then, and I've been plugging away at it ever since.  Writing it has been really fun for me.  I'm not quite sure how long it will be, but I'm a little more than half way through at this point (I think) and I intend to cut out a fair amount when I go back and edit it.  I'm very proud of the progress I have made on it!  I also write lots of short stories, and I enjoy writing fan fiction as well.  My other projects are kind of taking a back seat right now as I try and finish the novel, though.  Writing is definitely a really important hobby for me and I love it a lot.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 09:02:25 PM »
Add me to the list of writers. I'm working on a series containing four novels and seven novellas called The Sealer Saga. I've completed one of the novels (took three re-writes) and it's in its (hopefully!) final round of editing, and I am 1/2 done two of the novellas. My goal is to get these stories finished and sell them via Kindle Direct (ebook) and as print books via CreateSpace. I'm not overly worried about fame and fortune--I'll just be overjoyed to hold my stories in my hands. :)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Ponykit

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 09:59:03 PM »
I'm not overly worried about fame and fortune--I'll just be overjoyed to hold my stories in my hands. :)

Me too!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 07:29:51 AM »
I've been writing since I was 6.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 09:03:29 AM »
Not really, but I seriously need to sit down and write a series of books ive been meaning to do for the past 15 years >>

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 08:25:15 AM »
I've been writing for years and wanting to get published. I still write fanfics
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline QueenNatalie

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • /insert edgy song lyric here/
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 08:46:02 AM »
Me, me! I'm currently majoring in creative writing in college. :) I just wish I had more time to spend writing instead of doing all my homework for the rest of my classes... :P

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 11:17:25 AM »
I'm a professional freelance writer, and I'm a blogger. I'm working on a YA novel off and on, plus some nonfiction ebooks.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 11:38:37 AM »
I started writing regularly when I was in 4th grade.  I wrote my first "novel" in 6th grade, started an epic (still going  :blush:) self-insertion DBZ fanfic in junior high, the first book and a half of a horrible trilogy in high school, and finally buckled down on a fantasy series in college that is now 11 books long.  I've participated in NaNoWriMo for the past nine years (there's quite a few of us NaNoers here at the Arena... I'm still debating if I'll do Camp at all or not - don't have much longer to think on that!).  With the backlog of manuscripts for my series, though, I've been trying to buckle down on editing more than anything else.  I hope to get it self published within the year :)  As has been mentioned a couple of times before, I don't write for fame or fortune, but out of love for my characters.  I'd like a published copy of my stuff for myself, but have also been gently told that other people would probably enjoy my stories, so I figured I could put them out there and if someone wanted to pick them up, then that would be great, too :)

I would be a sad, sad girl if I didn't write.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 11:39:10 AM »
I'm trying to write a pony calendar, the link to Jan and Feb is in my sig.  I work in science communication and do a lot of that sort of writing :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

ponygirl74

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2015, 11:42:18 AM »
I'm a writer, I'm rewriting a story I write while I was 17, I hope to get it published one day, but I mostly write for the joy of it.

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2015, 12:21:02 PM »
I'm a writer! :work: Unfortunately not a constant one, what with school and other commitments. But I'm mostly through with the first draft of my first real novel (done during Camp NaNoWriMo last year), and besides that have written several short stories and poems/songs. I love to read, so writing just naturally sprang from that! ^.^

I love to read fiction; some historical, mostly fantasy and twisted fairy tales, so naturally that's kind of what I write. The novel I've been working on for the past several years is about a band of wolves trapped in a swiftly melting world, who embark on a quest for a new home.

My ultimate hope is to revise until my face turns blue and submit a polished manuscript to a publishing house. Until then, I'll content myself with practicing and entering contests.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:24:16 PM by PrincessStarlily »

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal