collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cats Vs Pickles  (Read 7389 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Cats Vs Pickles
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2022, 10:30:22 AM »
I love big Starry Night Cat. XD if only he was available as a bean kitty~
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2022, 01:55:21 PM »
Checklist for the next wave of beans is out!

https://www.facebook.com/catsvspickles/photos/pcb.772131877478327/772131840811664
(Hope the link works, I'm a FB noob.. woulda linked to it on Instagram but that's playing me up right now, stupid sites that force you to sign in before you can see anything >C)

I want soooo many of these!! *w* I hope they come out here soon.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2022, 08:02:18 PM »
I rehosted because I hate FB links, haha.

So many cute ones! The Jukebox one is so cute.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2022, 05:34:16 AM »
Ahh thank you! I wanted to rehost 'em but I was rushing last night, I hate FB links too lol.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2022, 11:37:38 AM »
Oh noooooooo just when I thought I was caught up on all the ones I really wanted. XD

Post Merge: June 15, 2022, 11:38:33 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh there's a dragon!?!? Must! Get!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2022, 01:57:25 PM »
Eeeee we got new fun stuff at work!!!

First up, Jumbo sized Dogs! They're very cute but at $20 I'm going to skip them. They're very fun to hug, though!

We also got two boxes of the Chonk size, one for Cats and one for Dogs!

I do like the Chonk size, even tho I prefer the Bean size. But the Chonks are a nice size to hold in your hand. My store is selling them for $12 which seems high... I thought I paid $8 for my Chonk from Target but I could be remembering wrong...

Anyway I'm very tempted to buy a couple but dang I hate the blind packs. I want to see what I'm buying! Unfortunately a think there are some designs that only come in the blind packs. So my choice is trying my luck or paying more on eBay...

I wish there was a code or something that would tell us what us in each bag! There's a very tiny hole in the bottom corner of each package to let air out, but the Chonks are too big and round, there's no way for me to get the Chonk close to the tiny hole to see the fur color.

I might just give in and buy a couple and resell if I don't like them.

As always if anyone wants any, I can pick them up at cost plus shipping, just let me know :)

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2022, 06:53:37 AM »
Yessss I wish the blind bags had codes too!! I've tried getting the beans up to the tiny airhole to ID them, but no luck.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2022, 11:07:43 AM »
I'm glad it's not just me! XD I seriously sat there for like five minutes moving it around in the bag, trying to get it to the hole. And the crinkly bags make SO much noise! My co-workers probably heard me and think I'm nuts. XD

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2022, 07:13:52 AM »
Checklists for Kittens vs Gherkins have been released!

I can't decide if I like these or not, I love the basic look of them but I hate those stupid nappies and clothes most of them are wearing!! I was excited to see a baby ver of Dagwood since he's one of my favourites, but... why are his face and tail purple...?? I don't get why they didn't just make them tiny versions of the regular cats (like baby and adult MLPs), those would've been adorable!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2022, 07:23:32 AM »
I don't really love the Kittens, so I'm okay passing on them. I'm very interested in the chonks right now. I really wish there were a way to find out what group of cats are in a set of blind bags. I got a Cherry Pie dupe and it isn't selling!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2022, 07:52:27 PM »
Hmm nah I'm not a fan of the kittens. They're just too busy, I guess? They all look like their dressed up or wearing a lot of accessories, which is difficult to do well on printed fabric like this. But Ramen has sort of become my favorite (I have the bean and the chonk version) so I might get the kitten too, if I see it available, just to complete the set lol.

I just took a peak on ebay and it looks like you get two kittens or gherkins in a blind pack, along with... some flat item. Maybe a blankie? The ones I saw for sale either had two gherkins, or two kittens, so you either get one or the other, not both, it looks like. They didn't have Ramen, tho. Boo.

So since my last post, I caved in and bought two of the blind bag chonks from work. I get an employee discount so at least I'm not paying $12. I got the cutie canole cat, whom I love, and sorta cute but less in love, with keyboard cat. XD

I love both their big happy expressions. Also I'm amused by keyboard cat's name. Pretty sure it's a reference to an old infamous meme, which makes me chuckle.

I decided I didn't like the dogs enough to take a chance on a mystery chonk, but I did cave in and buy Otis from ebay. He's so adorable!! I love rubbing his soft ears.

I don't know if it was a mistake on the part of the ebay seller, but he came with an insert for the dogs vs squirls chonks, despite the fact that he is obviously a bean, not a chonk. But in case anyone wants to see the dogs and squirls in more detail, I tried to take a better pic:

I want Hazel and Jean Claude and Kenneth! I also sorta love Victoria (she's a doggie holding a book) and thought about getting her as a mascot to carry around at work (since I work in a bookstore) except... the book she's holding says Eat Bark Poop on it...  -_- I know it's a joke on a popular book called Eat Pray Love but... I really wish they had chosen something else. I don't want to carry around a toy that is holding a book that says Poop. Call me old, but I'm not a big fan of poop and fart humor.

But anyway, I can't find the dogs vs squirls in stores in the bean size at all, I've only seen the blind bag chonks at my work, so I think I'm going to give in and check out ebay again. It's been my best bet for buying specific characters I want. (Though I put my foot down at spending more than $10 for a little bean toy with a cat or dog face on it. XD )

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2022, 06:00:11 AM »
Busy, that's a good word for it. I dunno why they went so overboard with them.

Yeah, the Facebook post said they come with blankies, I forgot to mention that before ^^; That's cool that they're not mixing in kittens and gherkins though.

Ugh that book =_= I'm not a fan of that style of "humour" either. Thanks for the photos though :3

I got Rosie and Count Catula in the mail today! I finally caved and got them off eBay. They're soooo cute, especially Rosie <3 Kinda tempted to get the Chonk of her too, but I'm trying to resist those and stick to just beans.

Offline Kitcatepic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2022, 08:58:06 AM »
I love these my bed is pretty much infested with beans
I really want the kittens they look so cute and I didn't know they were gonna make them
long live chrysalis

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2022, 07:39:38 PM »
I love these my bed is pretty much infested with beans

*giggles!* I love the phrase "infested with beans" XD This makes me want to throw all mine on my bed and roll around on them! Haha! (But the tags are still attached so that might be a bit uncomfortable lol)

Just a heads up to all, the gold bag series are starting to show up on ebay, so they'll probably be in stores soon. :) I love seeing photos on ebay but I'm holding back on bidding because of course everyone wants the new stuff so they're going for $30+ each, which is silly to pay for something that will be readily available in stores soon. :P

Offline Kitcatepic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2022, 05:34:09 PM »
Are the dogs available online? Also does anyone have a release date for the kittens
long live chrysalis

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal