collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony-related injuries?  (Read 1653 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Pony-related injuries?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 06:18:07 AM »
When my room and all the guest rooms were taken one night I had to sleep in the pony room. There is a day bed underneath a couple of wall mounted pony shelves. In the middle of the night the shelf, accompanied by 2 Dream Castles and numerous ponies not to mention a heavy wooden shelf fell off the wall and on my head. I had a bump for about 2 weeks afterwards and a little scar just at my hair line because of it. Its my pony war wound.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 09:27:51 AM »
I'm so glad I have no shelves above my bed after reading these! :scared:
I was in the middle of deboxing my Princess Cadance and Applejack brushables last year in the kitchen,when my phone rang in the other room. After I answered it, I ran back into the kitchen to finish deboxing, but didn't realise my mum had been in and left the cupboard open, so I smacked my head on the cupboard door xD I had a huge tender lump for a few days lol!

Edit - I was saying to my mum earlier about how I'm severly lacking shelf space to display my ponies and she suggested another shelf above my bed - no way!!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 03:36:09 PM by CupcakeLoverXx »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 10:39:05 AM »
Oh, all the usual customizing injuries, plus chemical burns from Jasco while deflocking, severe sunburn from digging through bins at the outdoor flea market, puncture wounds from sewing needles, hands and nails turned strange colors while dying, etc.  The usual.  ;) 

Offline Mintymints

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Sock collector extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 12:25:34 PM »
Just don't build the shelve yourself  :blush:  I just did it VERY wrong XD

By Sunnyrain~Avvie by Starsteppony on DA

Offline ZapAppleMedia

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 05:06:53 PM »
I twisted my ankle because while sledding, the CMC fell out of my bag and I jumped off and yelled "OH GOD I'LL SAVE YOU!"
So painful. -_- Yet still, I do not regret it.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 10:13:25 PM »
Not too long ago when I was rehairing a Perfume Puff-style Pony Bride, I sliced my thumb on a pair of scissors. It was my fault- I was being extremely careless. I thought it was just a tiny scratch and at first I didn't even know I needed a band aid. No, that information didn't even cross my mind until I realized that I was getting blood on the pony. :whoa: That was a bit of a shock. (Note: The pony is clean. :thumbs: )

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2014, 10:56:59 PM »
I don't have any customizing injuries since I don't do customs  :P  but I have been thonked on the head by a falling pony. Whilst I was re-organizing my shelves, my G3 Good Morning Sunshine interactive plushie fell on me head first, that HURT  :dizzy:  well at least it wasn't  my G3 Walking Talking Pinkie, she's huge and would probably kill me if she fell on me  :shocked:

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2014, 01:12:34 AM »
I have sustained minor cuts on multiple occasions from getting over-excited while opening pony mail. Once I accidentally scratched my knuckles with my own fingernails and drew blood. 

Also had a near miss when my hair straightener caught fire due to wet pony hair.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2014, 05:06:56 AM »
Moving shelving units around in the pony room last week, I forgot my BAB ponies were on top of one and they all fell on me. Not too bad, you think. Only Pinkie was wearing BAB roller skates. Those things are HARD!  I've still got a sore spot on my head a week later.

Elf

divalei

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2014, 05:18:20 AM »
I tried to remove that rusty thing which is middle of the tail, not that round thing. Wasn't careful enough with screwdriver and it slipped underneath my thumb nail.

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2014, 05:29:11 AM »
I tried to remove that rusty thing which is middle of the tail, not that round thing. Wasn't careful enough with screwdriver and it slipped underneath my thumb nail.

That thing drives me MAD! My pliers wouldn't prise it open so I had to use my nails and totally ruined them. I can't get Secret Tale's off at all!

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

moonlight twinkle

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2014, 08:07:06 AM »
Before, a bunch of ponyville playsets fell on me.

claricesponies

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2014, 08:28:55 AM »
Sliced my hand open when I slipped using an X-acto knife removing a pony head :cry:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2014, 09:55:00 AM »

That thing drives me MAD! My pliers wouldn't prise it open so I had to use my nails and totally ruined them. I can't get Secret Tale's off at all!

You need a set of pliers. Unfortunately you do normally have to destroy the clasp. You need to press the clasp flat in one direction and then at the fold press it flat in the other direction. Repeat that several times. Eventually the metal will simply break and allow you to get it off.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 04:05:12 AM »
I've been high as a kite on acetone and this horrible sticky stuff remover while deflocking a Lofty. I've also burned myself in hot water - I soak grubby ponies in the bath in hot water and before I get them out I add some cold so I don't burn myself but I forgot to do that part that day.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal