collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Just thought I'd share! Birdy love  (Read 2598 times)

RedheadedBeauty

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Just thought I'd share! Birdy love
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 12:38:00 PM »
Oh yes I would love to see pictures! I hand fed my husband's sun conure Nova and in the process ended up hand feeding my budgie Jax. Monkey see monkey do. Haha! I just love hand feeding it's so fun watching them eat and then when they get older trying not to eat and be big birdies. Nova tried to be a big boy several times but just couldn't do it. It was quite cute. He's completely weaned now though.

Offline Bellevi

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 03:04:49 PM »
Baby birdies! I remember when my budgie had babies. Congrats!

RedheadedBeauty

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 06:19:46 PM »
Aww baby budgies! I bet they were so cute!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 06:31:37 PM »
Awww....so cute. Baby birdies! Can't wait to see!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 10:14:13 AM »
:frolic: congrats!! Your birdies are adorable and they are obviously very happy to be with you :) good luck on the eggs and do post some pics when they hatch! :D
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

RedheadedBeauty

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 06:23:32 PM »
Got another egg! We're up to 4 now!!! She may lay a few more but I'm at least going to get one baby hopefully two!!! And I will for sure post pictures when they hatch!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 10:09:58 PM »
Beautiful birds, Hope you get some babies!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 12:12:43 AM »
 :enthralled: How exciting! My sister has always wanted to breed her budgies. She was given a lone male and went to find a girlfriend and ended up picking out an albino male lol. After she lost those 2 she got a proper male and female but never has got them a nesting box. I imagine they'd have such tiny babies. Baby birds are not very attractive until their eyes open and they fluff up.

Is this your first time breeding those 2? I love watching conures at the Bird Shop, the way they hangout upside down is so cute! I'll definitely be watching for photos from you!

I love birds myself. I have a cockatiel that i found wandering outside at a school where I was painting doors one summer. He was just walking around making a loud whistle noise and when he saw me he walked straight over, perched on my shoe (i had got down on one knee) stared intently at me for a few seconds then started preening. That was 8 years ago. I named him Mr. Feathers (silly i know) and he is my baby. He thinks he is human and simply cannot tolerate animals of any kind, including other birds. Whenever I come home he greets me with "hello birdie" he can also say "pretty bird" and plays peekaboo. He says "hello" when the phone rings and someone answers and "no" when he knows he is being naughty.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2012, 03:30:35 AM »
aww, they are so beautiful! congrats on the eggs too! ^.^
I used to have a bird (a rosy-faced lovebird - just Googled it, I never knew his English name ^^ ) when I was young, but unfortunately he had to go only after a couple of months, because once the weather got colder and we had to take the cage in the house it turned out that my little sister's allergic to him :( I was quite sad, I really loved the little guy, it was much fun having him, so hopefully someday I'll be able to get another one :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 03:33:33 AM by Loona »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

RedheadedBeauty

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2012, 10:53:32 AM »
@ NinaMarie

That is such a wonderful story about Mr. Feathers! I personally think that's a very cute name. He was just meant for you wasn't he? It will be my first clutch with these two and I'm very excited. Since the mother is a yellowside an the father is a double split the babies are going to be a huge surprise in color! I can't wait to see what I get!

How raspy is his voice? My budgie is very hard to understand sometimes but he speaks very clearly when he wants to be heard. We video him and have heard some very clear words that way.

@ Loona

I'm sorry you had to give up your lovebird as a child but hopefully you'll be able to get another bird one day. They really are one of the best pets you can have in my opinion. I've never had a love bird but they are very beautiful birds.

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2012, 02:13:10 PM »
Mr. Feathers is pretty clear, he puts emphasis on different syllables that is cute. Like with "hello birdie" he'll say bur-DIE! And peekaboo is "PEEK-a-boooooo" the way he draws it out is so adorable. And "no" is very short forceful "NO!" he says this when he goes to chew on things like furniture that he knows he is not supposed to and knows you've noticed him he'll touch it with his beak then pull away and say "NO!" with this devious look and he'll continue until you remove him from that area. He also has a serious of whistles and loud annoying screeches. My sister's budgies are perfect mimics of him. They aren't really very tame so they only talk to each other. So they'll be chattering to each other and mixed with budgie noises are little peekaboos and hello birdie and less loud and annoying versions of Mr. Feathers' noises. My sister is moving to go to a college in Colorado and i don't think she is taking her birds intially but once she settles she'll get them. I'll miss their chatter. I'm pretty sure Mr. Feathers will miss the company though he isn't an animal lover. (keep their cages next to each other)

That's kind of fun that you basically have blind bag eggs  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal