collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular pony opinions!  (Read 35990 times)

Offline Nence

• Tarot Orchid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ~.Which tarot-card did you picked up today? .~
    • View Profile
    • mymlplife.blogg.se
Re: Unpopular pony opinions!
« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2015, 01:27:52 PM »
I also really like the Cherries Jubilee pose. I think it's better than some of of teh more liked poses out there.

I totaly agree! I really love the pose :heart: one of my favorites.

I don't like tinsel-hair. And I have a love for Banana Surprise which is a pony who many forgets ;)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 01:32:00 PM by Nence »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you kissthethunder and audra-hime for my beautiful ponies <3
..:Click on the globe to visit my MLP-blog:..
Libella~Wistful Autumn~Golden Love~Twist~Clover~

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2015, 06:59:20 AM »
I think Mimic is one of the ugliest ponies, and can't understand the appeal. ::hides behind wall of pink ponies::

This! I completely agree!

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2015, 07:59:22 AM »
I think the collectors pose is very sweet - I didn't realize it was unpopular! 

I also hate keeping things in their packaging, lol. Of course if I found a G1 or G2 MIB or MOC, I'd leave it well enough alone, partly because the packaging is almost as cute as the pony itself, but the second the plastic in it starts to yellow (or if it's yellow when I find it), I'd debox immediately, but take care to preserve the backcard. That's the important part of the package to me, anyway.  Part of what I love about ponies is holding them in my hands and stroking their little manes and tails, etc. It's soothing, lol

Unless the pony's accessories are an important part of the pony (like the Soda Sippin' ponies' floats, Sea Pony shells/floaties, and Secret Surprise ponies' keys...things like that), I'm not really interested in accessories. Similarly, I don't really care about ponywear, even G1. The only ponywear I remember using a lot as a kid was a set of rollerskates, but I never liked ponywear that covers up the pony's body so you can't see their symbols.

I can't stand piggy ponies or totsies. I wouldn't pass one up if I saw it in the wild at a good price, but I'd only do so in order to rehome her to someone here who actually collects them.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:08:50 AM by bookwyrm »

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2015, 09:14:03 AM »
Unpopular opinion:  There's no point in paying big money for Sweet Scoops when you can buy Sherbert for like $5.

pic source
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:16:33 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline RainbowRay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2015, 10:53:15 AM »
I don't like long hair. I much prefer a nice, neat, short mane like on the early G1s and such. Why would you want a mane that drags on the ground?? That's just impractical! :P
The length of mane on a lot of my G3s bugs me somewhat. But I don't want to cut them, and the look does kind of suit them even if it annoys me...

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2015, 11:43:04 AM »
Brushable hair on plushies is annoying and gets in the way unless you never play or cuddle with them. I overlook it for certain plushes (BuildABear) but would prefer ones with solid manes (like Aurora) so I could have them on my bed and cuddle them without having to untangle their hair afterwards.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

flyawayraven

« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2015, 11:43:17 AM »
I'm not a fan of pony clothes, whether it be fabric or plastic.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2015, 11:45:07 AM »
Brushable hair on plushies is annoying and gets in the way unless you never play or cuddle with them. I overlook it for certain plushes (BuildABear) but would prefer ones with solid manes (like Aurora) so I could have them on my bed and cuddle them without having to untangle their hair afterwards.

I feel the same way, except I don't like solid manes, I like yarn or cloth manes.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2015, 12:29:13 PM »
I hate brushable hair on plushes too...it looks like an utter hot mess :( so solid manes are highly preferred for me
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2015, 12:58:44 PM »
Same! I have a complete set of the first beanie babies, but they're currently sitting on a shelf as messing up their carefully styled, show-accurate manes drives me crazy. Shame, too, as they're both the most adorable AND fairly affordable of the plushies, in my opinion, but their cheap hair... :\
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2015, 01:02:35 PM »

I hate hate hate brushable hair, although I do like the new hair styles that Aurora and TY are doing for the pony plushies.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2015, 01:13:58 PM »
I don't like long hair. I much prefer a nice, neat, short mane like on the early G1s and such. Why would you want a mane that drags on the ground?? That's just impractical! :P

Me too!  And if I'm rehairing a custom it bugs me to no end to work with long hair.  I can't wait to cut it when I'm done!

Offline CrownofJules

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2015, 01:52:32 PM »
Personal views I always thought were generally "unpopular":

I'm not a big fan of the Flutter ponies. There's no way I could afford an intact one with it's original wings, nor afford proper repro wings. They are just a disappointment in my collection. Plus, I'm not fond of their faces or body ratios. The little wingers, however, those I adore, but can't afford!

I think it's very silly to pay more than $15-$20, maaaybe $30, for an exclusive or hard-to-find pony... like Mimic. I adore her colors, pose, and symbol...and being a set completer - she's the last Twinkle Eye I need, but I just can't bring myself to dish out three tanks worth of gas, or a (two week's worth of groceries!) for one 30-y-o pony.

I am not fond of Beddy Bye Eyed babies (even though I have nearly every one of them! UGH!)... Rusty or like new. I had an imagination when I was a kid - if I was able to pretend my pegasus could fly, my unicorns could "wink" (transport), I could certainly imagine babies closing their eyes on my own. Besides, I loathe DOLLS, and they remind me of just that.

Speaking of doll-hate...Equestria Girls. Ick. Why turn ponies into people? Yuck. My teens reported the show was fun, but leave it as that if it must be a thing at all.

I love almost all gens in their own way!
G1: my childhood and to the era I am most loyal. If I had to get rid of all of my ponies less a dozen - it would be my original childhood "Collector's pose" set and a few others I would keep first.
G2: has grown on me over they years - not to say I didn't have a time where I thought they were ugly.  :blush: I own a few, and often pursue a few, but I often lose bids.
G3: another gen to which I am quite loyal! This is the gen I bought for my daughter when she was "of pony age". I adore so many from this gen, I used to have dupes of my most favored MIB, as well! I still own several hundred of them after I "thinned out". My all-time favorites - Crystal Crown (where "CrownofJules" originated!), Sparklesnap, Rainbow Dash, ...and I know there are too many others!
G3.5: Ow. Awkward. NOT a fan  :huh:
G4: I appreciate them for current fans, and collect some of the brushables for a bonding activity with my 13-y-o. I think the show is cute but I rarely get an opportunity to watch. I LOVE the blind bags! I don't collect in a pattern or series, and I (we) only have a dozen or so, but I adore TEENY ponies and all the varieties they can provide!I am SO over the Mane 6, however.  >_<

One more - I abhor the term "cutie mark" - it makes me gag. :throw:  The symbols are tangible elements of what the pony represents - a symbolic representation of their personality or whatever. "Cutie Mark" sounds like a fancy mole or birthmark -_-

:lovey: :rainbow: :art: :rainbow: :hope: :rainbow: :cloud: :rainbow: :think:

Offline RainbowRay

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2015, 03:01:02 PM »

Me too!  And if I'm rehairing a custom it bugs me to no end to work with long hair.  I can't wait to cut it when I'm done!
Oh yeah, customs too! I always see beautiful customs with super long hair like twice as long as the pony... I just don't understand it, lol.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2015, 03:18:12 PM »

AAAH thank you! Yeah, I'm actually not a big brushable hair fan. I like to style it, but every time I want to play with a pony or take it somewhere, it's just going to get ruined!
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal