collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PROTOTYPE G1 transparent pony in Stardancers pose???  (Read 8116 times)

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: PROTOTYPE G1 transparent pony in Stardancers pose???
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 02:27:26 AM »
Are those prototype teeny tinys? Please show!?  ^.^

I would love to find this person and find out more about the prototypes.
Is it ok to try and track her down? or would it be too stalker-ish? as apparently she has left the community.

I tried two emails from the website yesterday. One of them bounced immediately and the other one (goes to the person she shared the website with) I'm still waiting to see if anyone replies.

I googled "baby gloomy" and a few results were simply peoples reference lists on old mlp web sites. People who had traded with her. Most of them are no longer active in the mlp community though, and even if they are I doubt they still have any valid contact info. The email they had for her is the same one I tried, the one that bounced.
I found her full name on one of those sites but it's a really common name so it's not much help.

Any ideas?
-

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2012, 10:53:49 AM »
OOOH i remember baby gloomy's ponies :)

The only other thing I have saved from her site are the Teeny Tinys...

she also had what has now been ID'd as a colombian blossom :) i remember shellebelle got in touch with her about that blossom about 12 months ago :) my bad! it was DS Scully that owned the pony.

love pkw xxx
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:55:40 AM by pinkkittywinks »
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2012, 06:13:12 PM »
oh the teeny tinys that were lighter purple with the code numbers under them right? I think i remember those too.

tootietails - i don't know if its stalkerish or not, but maybe try finding where she was last living (city and state) and look her up on facebook that way. It would be awesome if we could contact hasbro as question them about prototypes from the 80's , i'm sure atleast one employee has to know about fairy brights, and where this glow n show/sparkle concept is from!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 06:15:26 PM by Clipper »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2012, 01:38:08 AM »
oh the teeny tinys that were lighter purple with the code numbers under them right? I think i remember those too.

tootietails - i don't know if its stalkerish or not, but maybe try finding where she was last living (city and state) and look her up on facebook that way. It would be awesome if we could contact hasbro as question them about prototypes from the 80's , i'm sure atleast one employee has to know about fairy brights, and where this glow n show/sparkle concept is from!

I really woundnt count on Hasbro knowing anything [as weird as that is] - from what I believe most of what we have "discovered" including most Nirvanas have had to be explained to Hasbro...and a lot of their records [at least that they are willing to share] and information is limited....

They were a funny colour the Teenys but I was never quite sure whether thats because the image was scanned rather than photographed and I am not always 100% how prototype-y they were as they looked rather accurate

@PKW I checked my references to her website and she did have an odd coloured Blossom as well...maybe it was sold on however - you ll know the picture anyway its the scanned Blossom which for a long time I think we all thought it was the scanning which may have caused the colouration issues...however her colour scheme is very Columbian/Venezuelan ish if you know what I mean
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2012, 05:10:27 AM »
I actually have asked Hasbro about prototypes/variants in the past, and they knew less than we did. I got the impression that there's very little left records-wise, and a lot of the prototypes were disposed of (at the 2008 there was one that had been 'rescued' by an employee. The staff also said there was definitely no G2 merchandise currently in production, so I showed them the top I was wearing that had been bought the week before in Virgin Megastore/Zavvi (forget which it was at the time) and was properly licensed. But that was probably done through Hasbro UK. I'm not sure how much communication there is between different Hasbros

The pink see-through pony above looks like it has been scanned as well, so it's possible the colour is off (scanners do odd things to ponies! But I don't think there are any in that pose/material anyway, so it doesn't de-authenticate her or anything ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2012, 05:18:00 AM »
The pink see-through pony above looks like it has been scanned as well, so it's possible the colour is off (scanners do odd things to ponies! But I don't think there are any in that pose/material anyway, so it doesn't de-authenticate her or anything ;)

Its the pose which for me shows the see through pony must be a prototype of some kind...the Blossom and the Teeny Tinys could easily be a crazy scanner affecting colour...hence the little scepticism on at least the Teenys...
Loa is my love god!

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2012, 07:37:40 AM »
Ahh!! Love this one!! The prototypes are so fascinating. I wonder how people got hold of the G1 ones.

Baby Gloomy did the BEST customs and was so sweet. She was around when I was really young (middle school-ish?) which was before my mom let me trade online, so I was never able to buy a custom from Baby Gloomy. I always wanted a Baby Fizzy!

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2012, 10:55:04 AM »

I really woundnt count on Hasbro knowing anything [as weird as that is] - from what I believe most of what we have "discovered" including most Nirvanas have had to be explained to Hasbro...and a lot of their records [at least that they are willing to share] and information is limited....

They were a funny colour the Teenys but I was never quite sure whether thats because the image was scanned rather than photographed and I am not always 100% how prototype-y they were as they looked rather accurate

@PKW I checked my references to her website and she did have an odd coloured Blossom as well...maybe it was sold on however - you ll know the picture anyway its the scanned Blossom which for a long time I think we all thought it was the scanning which may have caused the colouration issues...however her colour scheme is very Columbian/Venezuelan ish if you know what I mean

it was the aqua and yellow blossom :) i can see why people would think it was a photoshop/dodgy scanner job! it was thought she was an alternate version of aqua limone to start with .... but my brain could be mixing things up! i know shelle got in touch with DS scully who, it turned out, owned the pony and got all the details and the ponty was confirmed colombian :) i am not sure if scully had donated the pictures to baby gloomy for her website or sold scully the pony.

its all getting lost in the mists of time :(

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2012, 12:05:23 PM »
it was the aqua and yellow blossom :) i can see why people would think it was a photoshop/dodgy scanner job! it was thought she was an alternate version of aqua limone to start with .... but my brain could be mixing things up! i know shelle got in touch with DS scully who, it turned out, owned the pony and got all the details and the ponty was confirmed colombian :) i am not sure if scully had donated the pictures to baby gloomy for her website or sold scully the pony.

its all getting lost in the mists of time :(

love pkw xxx

I would speculate Baby Gloomy must have owned it at some point...as the 3 images are sooooo similar in style...

When it comes to ponies I can "usually" remember...when it comes to work and real life...the chance are not so good  :P
Loa is my love god!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2012, 06:32:33 PM »
So pretty. I would love to see more of gloomy's prototypes. I hope someone can track her down then. :D I tried to look around the website but it kept giving pop ups. I'm glad the web has progressed slightly since the 90s lol
~Foxtale~

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2012, 07:46:16 AM »
I agree hasbro doesn't know anything...... To get anything out of them you would have to track down the actual people who worked on those particular prototypes back in the 80s, I guess.

Re baby gloomy, she seems to have been active in the pony community mainly around 2000-2001, showing off customs, buying on ebay, posting to the old yahoo group, trading with people and so on.
I'm going to ask in the customs forum here on the arena if anyone knows anything of her whereabouts. Other than that I don't think there is much we can do. Hunting for her via facebook seems a little... I don't know, stalkerish? at least for me who wasn't around back in the time she was.  :)

I'm glad the web has progressed slightly since the 90s lol

That is what I was thinking. Some sites and pages I came by you could see with a glance that it was really old.

I can't believe how most everything from really far back is still there on the internet. I find it a little creepy actually... makes you want to think twice even more before posting anything. People tend to be so chatty on the internet these days. In the beginning, there used to be chat boards for the chatty stuff, and other places for the more 'important' stuff. You know? Now it's more like everything is a huge melting pot.
Well in 10 years or so someone is going to read some random stuff you typed today and somehow judge you based on that... spooky!
-

Offline Kisscurl

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kisscurlsponies.weebly.com/index.html
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2012, 08:35:25 AM »
I must say i've not seen that picture before or remember her but if you check out the explore page it clearly seems she knew me, i'll have to go through my old trade paperwork and see if that sparks any memories......

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2012, 09:12:58 PM »
would be great if you can locate her kisscurl. it would just be nice to get updated pics and some sort of story behind this pony

Offline Kisscurl

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kisscurlsponies.weebly.com/index.html
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2012, 09:42:20 PM »
Do we know what her real name was? most of my entries for my trades back then were an email address and their full name......i'll keep digging though

Post Merge: April 20, 2012, 09:48:41 PM

Hmmmm i came across an old arena thread http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=201565.html, i wonder are nachlitch and diamonddreams still around? seems they had her customs, maybe they might know her name or email?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:48:41 PM by Kisscurl »

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2012, 01:25:04 AM »
if you do a member search from Nachtlight - she last logged in two days ago  :biggrin:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php?action=profile;u=1302

I haven't seen Diamond Dreams around in forever but it says she last logged in on April 12th
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php?action=profile;u=807
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 01:32:56 AM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal