collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Would you like to see some male g4 ponies turned into brushables?

Yes, of course!
145 (91.2%)
Sure, why not
13 (8.2%)
No, not really..
1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Author Topic: G4 male pony brushables, yay or nay?  (Read 9708 times)

Vesperline

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: G4 male pony brushables, yay or nay?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 01:22:13 AM »
At this point I'd be more surprised if they don't release a Big Mac with his own mold.  I would expect it to sell well among children as well, and not just all the bronies and collectors.

Would love to see at least a more generic mold released for some of the various backround male ponies and some toyline originals.  Doubt they'd do many, but I'm sure some will come with a third season.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 01:24:51 AM »
Is someone suggesting we shouldnt get boy ponies! Oh my goodness *feeling faint*

Of course...brushables...yes for every pony...as many as possible...

Post Merge: March 29, 2012, 01:26:11 AM

If they have invested in a boy mould for Shining Armour...we will see it reused...its too expensive for HB not to reuse it
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Shimmer

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 01:59:04 AM »
I don't mind the troll hair and I like the mould but I wish the tail was more ponyish, it sort of look likes a bunnytail at the time. And his "bib" looks weird, I will have to sew him a new attire. I would ofcourse love to see more boys, especially Big Macintosh!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 02:03:32 AM by Shimmer »

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 02:56:31 AM »
To me it looks like the Shining Armor mold has been designed to work for as many characters as possible (similar to how the Cadence mold was designed to work for both her and Luna). Hasbro won't make a new mold unless absolutely, absolutely necessary, and maybe not even then...

I want to see Royal Guards more than anything (pegasus type, unicorn type and Luna type! :D), hopefully not with  painted on armor, but if it happens that's probably how it's going to be be. :/

Oh yeah, the "troll hair" looks awesome to me!

jojodeen

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 03:17:47 AM »
I'd love to see more male ponies! But have a feeling that they'll just be reusing Shining Armor's mould for all the future boys as well. All the girl ponies have pretty much the same body with only small differences so I'd imagine they'd follow the same pattern with male ponies too.  :huh: It's cheaper for them.

Offline bigmlpfan

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Currently offline due to illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2012, 06:03:52 AM »
Yes for brushables :), But no to the troll hair :(

bigmlpfan xx

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 06:38:25 AM »
I may be the only one who actually LIKES the troll air rofl

You can add me to the list.  I like that rustic, manly look of the new hair :P

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 06:41:49 AM »

Yes to brushable boys!  I'm not big on the troll hair myself, but I kind of like the idea of using a different type of hair on the boys to really make them stand out.  And who knows, the troll hair might be nice once I start to play with it. 

I would LOVE a Big Macintosh and a Braeburn!   :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 08:30:05 AM »
Keep in mind that Hasbro does not always do things that make sense or seem profitable lol. There were at least 4 different G3's that were an entirely new mold and only used once. Baby Honoloo-lu, Baby Mochanut, etc.

It's possible Shining Armor will be the only pony used in that mold. Buuuut I'm going to guess yeah we'll be seeing more of that mold, depending on how Shining Armor sells.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2012, 08:50:41 AM »
Yes, totally yes! Although the awful troll hair, which I've always considered unbrushable, kinda hurts my excitement for them quite a bit. I've always hated male toys with "fake" hair, especially when female characters have more normal-looking hair. It's not even about being able to brush it, I just think it looks weird and lazy.
and cheap and nasty.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2012, 08:54:39 AM »
oh course!!!

majikarte

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2012, 08:57:19 AM »
I kind of feel like the only person who really doesn't care if boy ponies are made or not? But I was pretty excited about Shining Armour since I knew Hasbro making boys was a thing that would make a lot of people really happy. I kind of like the troll hair, but I think they should definitely make a few with normal hair as well... and I wouldn't mind seeing the troll hair on the girl ponies, I think it would be a lot better for DJ PON-3 than the regular hair she's going to have. A Rainbow Dash with that hair might be neat too?

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2012, 09:01:55 AM »
I kind of feel like the only person who really doesn't care if boy ponies are made or not? But I was pretty excited about Shining Armour since I knew Hasbro making boys was a thing that would make a lot of people really happy. I kind of like the troll hair, but I think they should definitely make a few with normal hair as well... and I wouldn't mind seeing the troll hair on the girl ponies, I think it would be a lot better for DJ PON-3 than the regular hair she's going to have. A Rainbow Dash with that hair might be neat too?
my only concern with the troll hair is that well, they don't age well. things like to breed in them if you're not careful.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2012, 09:46:05 AM »
I'd be concerned with the hair growing super dry and frizzy, too. I don't mind the actual quality of the hair for boys- since you mold hair styles more easily and whatnot (still would prefer the same shiny slick quality that the girls have, though- anytime!!), but I don't like how it is done. It looks choppy, and short. What am I supposed to do with that? -.-

So glad there actually IS a boy, though! But I am not sure if I want to spend so much $$ for something of this quality. :S There should at least be more hair.....

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2012, 09:55:24 AM »
I LOVE the brushables, and I would LOVE to see boys with hair like that.  However, I am in no way disappointed that they made them with the "troll hair."  I think it actually makes them look more distinguished from the females.

I would actually love to see them have maybe a less fragile form of softer hair (like the G1 watercolor baby sea ponies) that is rooted like the brushables.  My main concern for the hair now is its fragility.  It won't really hold up over time as well.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:57:27 AM by Stormy31685 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal