collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay: I feel robbed...trevorismagical  (Read 1792 times)

Cizmet

• Trade Count: (0)
Ebay: I feel robbed...trevorismagical
« on: November 23, 2013, 11:48:28 AM »
I bought two items from this seller, both being handmade My Little Pony plushes. The seller was an incompetent fool and the first time tried shipping the items got my address wrong somehow. The second time they got "lost" in the mail. Both these items combined cost a little over a hundred dollars.  :yikes:

I had contacted the seller several times over the span of three months that the items didn't arrive. Somehow this seller filled me with empty promises and false reassurance and dragged me past the 45 day deadline. Now both items have reached their limit to get a full refund on them. I went to PayPal to resolve the dispute but they have the same limit in their policy also. I've tried still, emailing this seller but of course as on par with such scummy individuals they've stopped responding entirely.

I now realize that they've been lying to me and probably didn't even ship the ponies at all. One pony was purchased way back in September 14th the other October 6th.

There was nothing I could do but leave a negative review as a buyer but even then I feel that isn't enough.

When I bought from this seller they had 100% positive feedback and were actually very courteous to me and I to them (until now, now I'm absolutely livid). Goes to show you though...I should've known better to NEVER go past the 45 day deadline. I'm slightly new to Ebay and still didn't fully know the ropes but still...

Not only do I feel robbed I feel like an idiot too.  :stressed:

Edit: In case you missed it the user on ebay is known as http://www.ebay.com/usr/trevorismagical
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:52:15 AM by ponylady »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Ebay: I feel robbed...
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 11:56:10 AM »
I really feel for you. Name n shame!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Cizmet

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 12:17:40 PM »
I really feel for you. Name n shame!
Thanks, it really sucks. I'm feeling mixed emotions right now, doesn't help that I'm a college student and paying my own way through schooling.

"Name n shame", like name the seller you mean? If we're allowed to do that I'd be happy to not out of spite if only for others to be forewarned not to be sweet-talked by this individual out of their items AND money.

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 01:19:16 PM »
I believe you have 60 days to leave feedback. Are you still within that?
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

Cizmet

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 01:57:39 PM »
I believe you have 60 days to leave feedback. Are you still within that?
Yes. And I did leave a negative feedback stating that I received neither items nor refund.

This is the first negative feedback I've ever had to leave for a seller. I'm sure they'll feel honored.

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 11:09:09 PM »
Yes you are definitely able to name the seller who scammed you if you feel comfortable doing so.  If you don't feel okay doing it in this thread can you PM me the name?  I'm currently looking into some custom plushies on eBay and I don't want to support a seller who would treat a buyer like that or risk getting scammed myself!

Anyway, I really hope you are able to get some resolution with this seller!     
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 12:50:51 AM »
Please share with us who this person is...  :(  They should have shipped with tracking at the very least!  Did you pay by CC with Paypal?  You can dispute with your CC company rather than Paypal. 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

LadyBird

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 02:33:40 AM »
Yeah that's rough! I'm sorry you're having to go through this! Hopefully the seller does the right thing and refunds you. I thought in order for them to be protected by ebay at all they HAD to ship with a tracking number (only exception is out of country I believe)

Personally I'd still contact eBay about it and see what they can do. They may still do something since the seller obviously was dragging their feet to get past the deadline.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 02:35:23 AM by LadyBird »

Cizmet

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 03:37:10 AM »
Yeah you know what? I'll post their name here:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/trevorismagical

Ignore the positive feedback you guys. Remember their percentage was 100% when I first bought from them and now I'm out of over one hundred dollars and no ponies at all. They also DO NOT provide a tracking number to you. I'm willing to bet the money I lost the ponies didn't ship at all. And I am NOT the only person whose items didn't ship to me at all. Others too but they at least got a full refund and THUS instead of speaking out about that issue left positive feedback all because they were at least able to get their money back.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.  THEY WILL lie to you and smile while doing so. Any attempts of communication with them are of course, being ignored entirely.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 03:44:44 AM by Cizmet »

DavidC

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 03:41:33 AM »
Cizmet, thanks for naming & shaming. We can only look out for follow collector's if we do this.

Sorry that this happened to you. At least,this way, you can take some action by helping the rest of us. :)

Cizmet

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 03:43:14 AM »
Cizmet, thanks for naming & shaming. We can only look out for follow collector's if we do this.

Sorry that this happened to you. At least,this way, you can take some action by helping the rest of us. :)
Yeah I'm glad. The only good that can come from this is letting others know the potential of being scammed.

Seller seemed like a really pleasant and nice individual too but don't all conman?

Post Merge: November 24, 2013, 03:46:43 AM

Please share with us who this person is...  :(  They should have shipped with tracking at the very least!  Did you pay by CC with Paypal?  You can dispute with your CC company rather than Paypal.
Nope no tracking number and yeah,  I paid with Paypal.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 03:46:43 AM by Cizmet »

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 06:27:56 AM »
Thank's so much for letting us know who the seller is.  I will add this person to my block list and make sure that I don't buy anything from them in the future.  LovesBabySquirmy keeps up a list of bad sellers and I am betting she will be adding this person to it. 

Sometimes if you use a credit cart to pay through paypal rather than a bank account transfer you can open a dispute with your credit card company and get money back that way.  Did you use a credit card to pay through paypal?  If so, there could be hope of getting your money back. 

I did some searching and I can't see that they are a member here.  That would be another way you could try- calling them out here and seeing if they will respond and make things right.   
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay: I feel robbed...trevorismagical
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 06:56:51 AM »
Thanks for letting us know this seller is incompetent. Can I ask by PM to LovesBabySquirmy her list? I also don´t wanna buy from bad selelrs.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 06:59:23 AM »
I am sorry for what your seller did to you. That's just disgusting  :mad: My only advise at this time is you just have to remember no matter what your seller tells you or how nice they seem to be in the future, never, ever let that 45 day deadline pass. It's so crucial.

I also have added her name to the thread title so others can see, so there is no need to start another thread concerning her at this time.

Thanks for letting us know this seller is incompetent. Can I ask by PM to LovesBabySquirmy her list? I also don´t wanna buy from bad selelrs.
There is a link to LBS's Bad Trader List stickied in the top of this forum.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 07:18:22 AM »
Looking back through their feedback, they've had 6 neutrals & 2 negatives within the last year (one negative being yours, I assume). Most of the comments on the neutral feedback are in regards to items not received. Even with 100% positive, the number of neutrals show they have had a shady past. I'm sorry that you're stuck in this situation. :( Definitely a seller to avoid!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal