collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay seller sent MOCs crammed into a tiny box. :'(  (Read 4409 times)

Offline dollhands

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
Re: Ebay seller sent MOCs crammed into a tiny box. :'(
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 02:03:27 AM »
Thanks everyone for your replies and advice! :) Sorry I'm a bit late replying back.

I will definitely message them then, I'll do that now. I never really know what to write, guess I'll start with not being happy with what they did. I'd be happy with a partial refund, so I could keep the ponies.

I still can't believe they did that :/ especially since they wrote in the description "new". Uh well, it's not "new" anymore. Ahhh!! :(

I saw the seller sold other moc g2s too, quite rare ones. Hope they didn't ship them the same. :S
This is actually the second time someone sent a moc like this... the other time it was an argie baby moc and they folded it in half. Where's the common sense?!

Thanks again everyone, will keep ya posted. :)
=^x^=
~*~*~Wishlist~*~*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 06:12:40 AM »
oh, so sorry to hear that :/ *hugs*
I had a similar thing going on a few years ago... I bought a MOC G1 Peppermint Crunch and the seller cut (!) all four sides of the package to fit it into a smaller box to save on shipping (well I had payed enough for shipping, that would not have been necessary -_-). Sadly Ebay said : the seller could not have known this. So, bad that it has happened but no money back for me. The seller herself called me a greedy person, since the toy itself was pretty fine and who ever will need the package.
Another seller unpacked (!) 2 MOCs "for me to save on shipping". They threw away packaging, combs and ribbons because "who needs that".... Luckily when the second story happened, there was no photo and I did not know that both ponies were MOC when I bought them XD I was just amazed with their condition, so I asked the seller about and they confessed that they have been unpacked for shipping. We had much nicer contact compared to the Peppermint Crunch - seller...
Oh and there was that stupid guy, wrapping my brand new, just bought Show Stable package with sticky tape so I had to spend hours of scratching it all off, not to tell about how mangy and worn the package now looks ... -_-
*sigh* sometimes I wonder if its better to tell the seller to pack the MOCs extra good before shipping :( But I guess, some people just wont listen...

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 11:01:30 AM »

*sigh* sometimes I wonder if its better to tell the seller to pack the MOCs extra good before shipping :( But I guess, some people just wont listen...

In my case... I bought MOC G2 twins Vive La Vie and Vive La Vent (with a suppossedly MINT Rumba (or Samba?), the yellow baby in 'perfect condition with both eye jewels) and asked the seller to be careful with them 'cause I wanted them to continue be MINT during shipping...

*censored* seller put them WITHOUT packing in a small box!!  With nothing to protect them, not even inside a plastic bag.  NOTHING.

Scared abour them, but fortunately there weren't damaged.  And the other baby...  not mint.  Missing an eye jewel.  Sent the seller a polite message (that haven't been answered ¬¬X  and it's been more than a year about this...). 

I hate sometimes Mercado Libre 'cause there's no way to get your money back (or even a partial refund) when the item is not as described *sad sad* or damaged due to stupid sellers.

Another case is when I bought a lot of some MOC ponies (G1s, G2, and G1 pony wear), seller was NOT responding, paid the day after I won, seller said he would ship them on X day, day came and went, send seller a lot of messages, he didn't answer them... until I opened a case for them to be shipped or get my money back.  Finally answered the *censored* seller asking for me to say the case was resolved and that he 'finally' put my package (almost 10 days later...).  When received, he just through my ponies and pony wear in a box without any kind of packaging!!  Fortunately (sad) I already knew some cards were not in the best condition, except the pony wears (they were safe!!).  But still...  not communicating and sending things that way just of spite?  What the...?

If he wasn't happy with the ending price, I'd prefer he just told me he wanted more money of to cancel the sale ¬¬X  Not do that king of thing!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 08:51:12 PM »
Oh my gosh.  I am so sorry this happened to you!  Yes, definitely contact the seller, you deserve a discount since the items are no longer "new".

The worst example of MOC idiocy I ever saw was with a MOC G1, namely MOC Glory.  I was reading the auction description and the seller mentioned that the bubble was slightly yellowed.

So he/she OPENED THE PONY to check if she was really white.  "Yep.  Still white as can be!"

:yikes: :stressed: :enraged:
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline dollhands

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 12:18:44 AM »
Argh! So many horrible seller stories :( I feel for you guys. So sad that someone cut the backcard :( and I also had a seller send a moc in a box with no padding :/

Omg, opening to see if the pony is white... how stupid.

Okay finally sent a message to them, been busy with work. Hopefully I hear back by the morning.

Oh, another thing just clicked for me. I paid $11.95 for shipping (which was within the US) so you'd think they could have sent them in a bigger box. Hmm, did I get ripped off from shipping? sigh
=^x^=
~*~*~Wishlist~*~*~

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 01:40:17 AM »
As you know dollhands, I sell myself (a range of random stuff from toys to clothes & homewares) and if I do not have a box that will fit a fragile / carded item, I will either a) make one to fit or b) go find one somewhere. It is not a hard concept, if the item can't fit in the box, use another or cut a larger box up to make it fit properly.

I just don't know, this sort of stuff really does my head in.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 03:23:06 AM »
I think after reading all these experiences of the stupid sellers on ebay ruining MOC ponies, if I buy anything else MOC I would  tell them that I am a collector and ask them specifically (and clearly since some of these people apparantly have no brain cells! :crazy: )  for them to keep the pony MOC, and to wrap/pack it carefully in a box, so that the card does not get damaged or  creased .

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 03:31:52 AM »
These stories are scary :( Do people not subscribe to common sense any more?

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 04:12:58 AM »
Oh, another thing just clicked for me. I paid $11.95 for shipping (which was within the US) so you'd think they could have sent them in a bigger box. Hmm, did I get ripped off from shipping? sigh
I'm only going to guesstimate on this going by looking at the only two G2's MOC that I own.  I am going to say that the weight is going to be around 10 or 11 ounces. And it should be around $9.32, just to give you an idea. She may also have charged you a shipping and handling fee although I can't understand why as she crammed them in a box with no protection  :mad:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline dollhands

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 12:56:24 PM »
Quick update before I go to work.

I heard back from the seller and they said sorry though they reckoned the damage was done in transit. Um, okay? Anyway they said they'd put in a partial refund. Checked my paypal and they put in $18, is that a reasonable amount?

I will also be asking moc sellers from now on to pack them well. lol
=^x^=
~*~*~Wishlist~*~*~

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 03:08:02 PM »
Cramming a MOC in a box happened in shipping?  Um, no, I think that happened well before the post office became involved.  Honestly I think I'd open a case.  That's just not on. 

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 05:28:23 AM »
Let me get this right - the seller is trying to either convince you that the box shrank during transit, or that they magically folded themselves up and changed boxes somewhere in transit - wow that's pretty amazing. Why not just admit they made a mistake? That would s*** me even more that they lied about it.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 05:55:33 AM »
I think you paid way to much on shipping.  For that price there's no reason they couldn't have bought a proper box to ship your items in.
I'm not sure if 18.00 is good because I'm not sure how much you paid.  If you really wanted them mint on their package it really can't happen now.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 01:37:18 PM »
Judging by the photos, the box looks very tall? Perhaps the seller put them in the box at a diagonal and at the time they fit in without folding, but during transit they folded because there was no padding to hold them in place?

Still stupid but just trying to think what the seller could mean by that happening in transit.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 04:40:27 PM »
Judging by the photos, the box looks very tall? Perhaps the seller put them in the box at a diagonal and at the time they fit in without folding, but during transit they folded because there was no padding to hold them in place?

Still stupid but just trying to think what the seller could mean by that happening in transit.

But still, in the second picture, is more visible the box and is not really tall at all =S

In the end, you paid more or less $37, and they are giving $18 back.  Are you happy with it?  Would you have paid $19 including shipping for mint loose (with accessories) babies and the adult?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal