collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about Paypal e-checks NEED ADVICE ON PAGE 2  (Read 1681 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Paypal e-checks - Updated
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 01:29:57 PM »
Please let us know who this person is so others can avoid them too!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 03:14:25 AM »
I didn't know they could be faked, yikes! Ok, this is what I told him:

Hi, I was looking at ebay policies and it says that money orders are restricted. So I cannot accept a money order. I was a bit wary when you said the bank froze your account and I am not certain that I will get payment from you. I have heard money orders can be faked as well so I'm no longer comfortable taking one. The auctions ended June 20th and I think I've been more than patient awaiting payment. As I stated, I really need the money now. I'm not trying to be harsh or accusing, I'm just cautious. I will be relisting them. Very sorry, but our origianl agreement was for the items to be paid for on July 3rd.

His ebay name is bahamutsminisandmore. He has all positive feedback, but there is one from a seller that said, "Did not Pay for item past 3 days out bid another bidder that wanted the item." and it was marked as a positive feedback so I don't really understand that :huh: Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know what he says!
My Wish List

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 03:32:23 AM »
I think your email sounded perfect.

The reason that Did Not Pay showed under a positive is because sellers can no longer leave buyers negative feedback.  They call it a false positive and it really is the only way a seller can warn other sellers.  The thing is ebay does not really allow it and he can report it and have it removed.  :huh:

I strongly suggest to you that you open up a NPB case or otherwise you will not get your Final Value Fee's back that ebay has already charged you for selling the item.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 03:42:17 AM »
I wonder why ebay no longer allows negative feedback for non payments. I think sellers have a right to leave it if the buyers don't pay! I will open up a NPB case. I hope he agrees to it. If I'm correct, ebay will not credit your account if the buyer doesn't agree to cancel the transaction, right?

Post Merge: July 27, 2012, 03:55:56 AM

Arg! I can't open up a case because it's been over 32 days! Looks like I'm out of my final value fees :(
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:55:56 AM by Shenanigans »
My Wish List

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 10:13:22 AM »
Need advice!!

I told the buyer I won't accept the money order and I relisted the items about 4 days ago. He finally replied and said:

"ok... I was unaware of the banning of the money orders... how will we proceed then with the purchase? I have closed that bank account and I have the money order in hand."

What should I say and do?! I am so afraid of getting negative feedback! :yikes: The items are still up on ebay, but I don't know what to do about this guy!
My Wish List

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Paypal e-checks NEED ADVICE ON PAGE 2
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 11:09:48 AM »
You already informed him you had cancelled the transaction and you would not and could not accept the money order.  If he was foolish enough to buy it anyway to try and force you, that is his problem.  If he does leave you negative you can appeal it and you will win because he is trying to force you to violate ebay policy.  In addition he violated your rules if the listing by stringing you along.  I would say something like...

As I have already explained, ebay doe not permit money orders.  They are not a secure method of payment.  Because you did not pay in a timely manner and do not have an approved method of payment I have relisted the items.  You should be able to take your money order and the original slip to the place you bought it and they will cash it and return your funds to you.  Do not send it, as the items are no longer being held for you.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 11:11:11 AM »
Don't worry too much about the negative feedback - anyone can look at HIS feedback and do their own research.  :) 

*pony hugs*  Best of luck with your sales.  I would block his ID from bidding on your auction again, though!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 11:16:19 AM »
What is this guy not getting?  :shakefist:

I would tell him that you are not going to proceed with the transaction and that is that.  And that you have already relisted the items.  It's not your fault he got a money order when you already told him you were not going to accept one.

I also am not sure that he can leave negative as he never made payment.  And even if he does you can phone ebay and have it removed. I would also add his name to your block bidders list in case he goes and tries to purchase the relisted items.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 11:32:28 AM »
Thanks, that's what I'll tell him :) I blocked him when I put the items back up for auction because I was afraid he'd buy them (they are BIN) Hopefully he'll understand and I'll be done with this guy!
My Wish List

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 11:34:13 AM »
You might want to set prefs on the bins that wont let people without feedback buy them or that you won't ship to his area or something.  Just to keep him from creating a new account to try and buy them again.  I hope it won't happen, but this guy is either a jerk or very thick so I wouldn't put it past him.

wingsinmoonlight

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 01:30:49 AM »
Actually, if you accept a postal money order you can cash it when you go to ship the item- so no worries about fakes. Also, if the buyer does not pay with paypal, then CANNOT open any claims at all. So if you accepted a money order and never sent the item there is nothing the buyer could do about it. All the risk with money orders is for the buyer, not the seller. We sellers aren't allowed to ask buyers to pay this way, but if buyer ask us to accept them we can. I love buyers to pay by postal money order- no worries about any claims later, no paypal fees,cash it at the PO so no worries about counterfeits-they are much safer for the seller than paypal is.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 09:09:40 AM »

Agreed  with this, also it's very easy to fake a money order, and if you try to cash a fake you could end up with your own bank account frozen :/ I learned this one the hard way!

Really? I never knew those could be faked. I thought those were a secure way of getting money. Dang.

I have taken a few money orders on Ebay (never ever accept a check...never!) with no problems. However, this guy sounds like a time waster. There are a lot of them.

If you feel like it, do some snooping. Look at his feedback and feedback left. Look at his bidding history. See if he sells or paid for anything as of late. See if he has bid retractions. You can get an idea on his personality, reliability AND how much he's spent lately by doing these things.

Or just cancel and move on. You are certainly within your right.
My sister's boyfriend sold a vintage Rolex watch 3 years ago on eBay, and the buyer wanted to pay with a money order.  He agreed and received the money order in the mail a few days later.  My sister and her bf went into the bank and gave the MO to the bank teller to deposit into their account.  The MO cleared through a few days later.  After it cleared, he sent the watch to the buyer.  Three days after the MO cleared, the bank pulled the money ($4100) out of the bank account because apparently the MO was a fake.  My sister's boyfriend actually sold the watch for his uncle and had already withdrawn the money and given it to him.  So they were literally overdrawn by THOUSANDS of dollars, and there was literally nothing eBay or the bank could (or would) do to help them out. 

My policy??  PayPal or nothing.  Seriously, if this guy is overdrawn in his account by $400+, he has bigger issue to worry about than buying your item.  I'd cancel the sale and relist the item.  I am so very sorry this is happening to you, and I honestly hope that everything works out for you!!!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 11:39:39 PM »
Michelle, that's terrible!! What a terrible scammer!! I can't believe people would stoop so low :yikes: I'm definetely sticking to Paypal!! Even though you have to pay fees, it's better safe than sorry!

Thanks, everyone for your advice! I never heard back from the guy and relisted my two items and they both sold to two honest people who paid right away :) So glad I'm done with this! :faint:
My Wish List

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 05:48:11 AM »
I'm so glad it worked out for you!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal