collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Some horses and other animals (updated, page 3)  (Read 2824 times)

divalei

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Some horses and other animals (updated, page 2)
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2015, 06:11:59 AM »
Been awhile I've updated this thread >_< Thank you everyone.

I like jellyfishes and I've been drawing them way too much. Here's one of them.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sea horses! I might do coloured version of that leafy one.

I wanted to draw a kelpie, you know a water horse. I'm still working with it because I'm not entirely happy with the outcome. I combined horse and hare. I wanted something less horse like hind legs and hare was first that came to my mind. Well, both have same bones but still.

Spoiler is because of the eye. White "hole" with black circles around it.

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Some horses and other animals (updated, page 3)
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2015, 08:33:35 AM »
Nice! Your concept for kelpie is very neat, I like the way you're playing around with the anatomy. I especially like the neck and hind legs! The creature still has a distinctly equine look to it. And creepy eyes are always a plus! ;)

The seahorse sketches and the jellyfish are lovely, too. I find jellyfish scary and a bit gross TBH, but kinda cool nevertheless. And they're fun to paint! :D

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

ponygirl74

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 09:01:38 AM »
Wow, I like! I love Bubbles. 
As far as drawing people it's been hit or miss with me, also  with doing cartoon style type of horses/ponies.
What program do you use to draw your digital work? I have Photoshop Elements 11, I liked the older version I had of Elements (8)
I have a graphics tablet but I'd like a decent program that's affordable to work with. I like Photoshop but it's expensive! Even Elements 13 which is the newest one of that line.
Keep posting I'm turning on the notify so I don't loose replies to this.  :)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 08:47:50 PM »
We don't see a lot of jellyfish art, lol.  I love it though!  You did a good job giving it depth and motion.  I love to watch them at the aquarium.  Something about the way they move is so soothing.  :)

And I really like your design for the kelpie.  It's such an interesting creature and I think that the way you've drawn its anatomy really suits it.  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline SilverHealer

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I love lamp!
    • View Profile
    • Goddess Within
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2015, 06:59:04 AM »
I love your art! The kelpie design is awesome and I love the jellyfish and the horses.  I give props to whomever can sketch digitally, because I'm utterly abysmal at it! :D

[ adoptables from pixel forum GLAM! | Av by SDS ]

divalei

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2015, 07:05:48 AM »
Wow, I like! I love Bubbles. 
As far as drawing people it's been hit or miss with me, also  with doing cartoon style type of horses/ponies.
What program do you use to draw your digital work? I have Photoshop Elements 11, I liked the older version I had of Elements (8)
I have a graphics tablet but I'd like a decent program that's affordable to work with. I like Photoshop but it's expensive! Even Elements 13 which is the newest one of that line.
Keep posting I'm turning on the notify so I don't loose replies to this.  :)

I use Painttool Sai for drawing and Paint.net/Gimp 2 for other stuff. My tablet is Wacom Bamboo Pen. We used Photoshop CS5 and CS6 at school but I didn't like it, so I used my own programs with me whenever I needed to do graphics. Teachers didn't mind that much.

Nice! Your concept for kelpie is very neat, I like the way you're playing around with the anatomy. I especially like the neck and hind legs! The creature still has a distinctly equine look to it. And creepy eyes are always a plus! ;)

The seahorse sketches and the jellyfish are lovely, too. I find jellyfish scary and a bit gross TBH, but kinda cool nevertheless. And they're fun to paint! :D

Kelpies are bit creepy so creepy eyes for them :D 

So weird to talk about kelpies since kelpie is also a dog breed. The more I learn about these water creatures, the more I like them and fear them.

We don't see a lot of jellyfish art, lol.  I love it though!  You did a good job giving it depth and motion.  I love to watch them at the aquarium.  Something about the way they move is so soothing.  :)

And I really like your design for the kelpie.  It's such an interesting creature and I think that the way you've drawn its anatomy really suits it.  :)

I visited the aquarium couple years ago and all I wanted to see were jellyfish, and sharks.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2015, 09:28:25 AM »
Oh your Kelpie is fantastic - really creative!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

divalei

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2015, 03:10:23 AM »
Oh your Kelpie is fantastic - really creative!

Thank you!

Been awhile I've updated this thread but I'm having a block, cant' draw even if I want to. Nothing looks good.

But here we go, sea horse sketch.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal