collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what were you THINKING!?!  (Read 1164 times)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: what were you THINKING!?!
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2013, 07:28:22 AM »
Wow, that's ridiculous when they put marker on plastic toys!!! What the heck!?
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2013, 07:35:36 AM »
I think I've had something similar on a white pony from a thrift store. I had alcohol take of part of it, but it still left a dark smudge, and I used 100% acetone to get off the rest. I'm not sure if that would work for this though since I don't know exactly what an oil pen is.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2013, 08:59:02 AM »
I think I'll rty the acetone on Masquerade...maybe toothpaste on the flocking. It never ceases to amaze me people's stupidity. I mean, why would you write directly on a toy anyway?Think kids don't feel bad enough that perhaps mom and dad can't afford brand new toys, they have to emblazon it with an indelible scarlet tattoo? Sad.
Anyway, i'll let you all know how they turn out :)

Offline Discord

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2013, 09:04:57 AM »
Editing my post...most people just view them as toys, so maybe that's why. Most people I talk to, don't see ponies as collector items. In fact, I usually get a "are you crazy?" look, when I tell them how fierce I am about my collecting.

Acetone should work, or magic eraser.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 09:07:45 AM by Discord »
Formerly known as DeviantCandy

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 09:09:27 AM »
Goo Gone sometimes helps as well, but keep away from paint!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2013, 10:12:30 AM »
My other half just had his first mlp find - a petal dove for our daughter (and he was so proud!!) She had a sticker dot on her forehead, with her price in green marker. Which bled through the sticker and soaked in right in top if the biro price which was written directly on her forehead... So far acetone hasn't worked, I think my only option is sunfading, but being that lovely purple colour I'll have to sunfade her whole head :( and only during school hours :lol: so if you find anything that works I'd love to know!!

Offline InkyMilk

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2013, 10:22:25 AM »
Editing my post...most people just view them as toys, so maybe that's why. Most people I talk to, don't see ponies as collector items. In fact, I usually get a "are you crazy?" look, when I tell them how fierce I am about my collecting.

I don't think it should matter whether the toy is viewed as a collector item or not. I wouldn't want to give my child a toy with pen mark scrawled all over it, no matter where it came from. Even when I was a kid myself I never drew on my dolls or toys. I'm not sure if I ever even cut their hair.  It just looks plain ugly.

moonlight twinkle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2013, 10:25:23 AM »
Ugghh, that is every toy collector's nightmare! :shocked: Before I went to the Salvation Army, and found a Strawberry Shortcake Peculiar Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak doll, and he had the price written on him in sharpie!

Offline Elisto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2013, 10:57:47 AM »
My other half just had his first mlp find - a petal dove for our daughter (and he was so proud!!) She had a sticker dot on her forehead, with her price in green marker. Which bled through the sticker and soaked in right in top if the biro price which was written directly on her forehead... So far acetone hasn't worked, I think my only option is sunfading, but being that lovely purple colour I'll have to sunfade her whole head :( and only during school hours :lol: so if you find anything that works I'd love to know!!

You don't necessarily have to fade the whole thing; I've sunfaded dark-colored ponies without losing the body color, although I don't know about this one specifically.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 11:44:34 AM »

Ugh, what in the world? Do they not know or just not care that they're considered collectibles with value based largely on condition? :/

Even if  someone was buying them as cheap used toys for their kids--what kid wants the toy all scribbled on with marker?? :( Hope you can get it off.

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 11:46:34 AM »
I have had this happens at goodwill too its so annoying, why cant they write it under their feet? DUH.... Ive also had it with oil pen and it washed right off with no left over.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 11:58:56 AM »
It came off with acetone, thank goodness!! I ran Masquerade's price under hot water for about a minute and then quickly wiped it with the swab. Buttons I did with the acetone and a very light touch! Lol! Came off her, too, but i've had ones where it wasn't as good an outcome. I had a very nice white G3 with the same oil pen writing, and I tried cleaning it with hot water and Daw,, but it just made this horrible greasy red smear...I guess it's a grease pen is what it's known as usually. Not ink thank goodness! Bleh. Anyway, at least now I know the trick to getting rid of it quickly and fairly painless. Still...what were the THINKING!! :lol:

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2013, 11:59:50 AM »
That just makes me sad. Those poor, poor ponies. :(

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2013, 12:01:11 PM »

Even if  someone was buying them as cheap used toys for their kids--what kid wants the toy all scribbled on with marker?? :( Hope you can get it off.
[/quote]

THIS! Exactly!

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2013, 12:05:45 PM »
Pics??

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal