collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Request: Tattoo Commission (Not Pony Related)  (Read 724 times)

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
Request: Tattoo Commission (Not Pony Related)
« on: February 06, 2015, 04:42:46 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm looking for a SUPER talented artist who has a little bit of free time to work with me on creating an idea for my next tattoo(s).  I don't have a lot of money, but I can throw some money your way, and maybe a pony or two.

Since I'm on here so infrequently, best bet would be to PM me or email me.  I really hope someone can help me!

Thank you!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Request: Tattoo Commission (Not Pony Related)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 12:42:37 PM »
Oooh, sounds fun and mysterious! Bets of luck finding a fitting artist for such a job! :D

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 12:37:56 PM »
Thanks! It's Beauty and the Beast related, but with a twist. No takers yet, I do have a friend who is going to try her hand at it if no one else will want to. Haha.

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 01:21:48 PM »
I was just about to ask if you could share a bit more information when I noticed the second post. :lol: Beauty and the Beast, sounds like a great theme for a tattoo! Good luck, hope you find someone soon. :)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 04:46:06 AM »
Thank you! I have two tattoos I actually would like to cover with something that's more meaningful to me. Beauty and the Beast was the first fairy tale I ever heard and I've been in love with it since forever. I can't wait to have a daughter so I can share my love of fairy tales with her. My 10 year old son is not sold on all of that, haha.

Post Merge: February 11, 2015, 04:50:16 AM

If only I had more artist talent than I do, I'd design them myself. Le sigh. Oh well, all I can do is offer money and/or ponies!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 04:50:16 AM by Ivaness »

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 07:29:25 AM »
I think if you had more details it might be more enticing to people. I know alot of times people will say "I want a dreamcatcher and a wolf" and stop there..... The issue is you ask 100 people to draw a dreamcatcher and a wolf your will have 100 very different images. Alot of people are quick to blame their artists afterwards because the dreamcatcher and wolf that THAT artist drew wasn't exactly what the person had in mind but they get it tattooed anyways. Then when people ask them they respond "yeah its not really want I had in mind but its ok" or "oh the artist messed it up"

When it comes to tattoos the more details you can provide the better, what style, what poses, what characters, ect. Even if you can't draw mapping out with stick figures can be a big help. I know as an artist I get nervous when people request tattoo designs because they are quick to say "oh yeah looks good" and then turn right around and tell everyone else its not what they wanted.

As someone who does tattoos I like to ask people about their ink and I find it interesting how so many are willing to throw out a negative comment about the artist or art before telling me about the ink itself. Even great tattoos people will say stuff about like how the artist made it crooked, or they didn't want a flower in a certain spot. Even if the person ADORES their tattoo they normally point out some flaw about it without even realizing they're being negative.

Then again, I'm a biologist so I observe and study and take note of all little subtle things in animals/people. But because of that I refuse to tattoo others and have them say something negative about work that I've done, even if they don't mean to be negative. I still draw things for people but I avoid tattooing others like a plague.

Loooong story short you may want to post more details if you're looking for something specific and want people to see if they're interested.

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 10:27:27 AM »
That is a very good point, haha. I've been discussing my idea with MoptheBunny and she's been super sweet.

I want profile portraits of Belle and the Beast, one for each leg. They are cover up tattoos, with Belle going over a pastel moon/star tattoo I have and Beast is going over a black lineart I have of a fairy that I was not pleased with the tattoo artist's work (pretty sure the tattoo artist was on something). I don't know how that's going to work, they may have to just be black silhouettes. I did send her some links and we're still discussing my idea. Which is very nice. I may try sketching it out myself, just so I can have a clearer idea and the artist can too. ^_^

Offline Nence

• Tarot Orchid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ~.Which tarot-card did you picked up today? .~
    • View Profile
    • mymlplife.blogg.se
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 01:56:09 PM »
Oh Beauty and the Beast theme :heart:

Thank you kissthethunder and audra-hime for my beautiful ponies <3
..:Click on the globe to visit my MLP-blog:..
Libella~Wistful Autumn~Golden Love~Twist~Clover~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal