collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Basic Fun 2023 New Releases: Celestials! RaMC Figures! Plushies! Etc!  (Read 49198 times)

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Basic Fun 2023 New Releases: Celestials! RaMC Figures!
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2023, 04:05:40 PM »
I've seen a picture of the back of the box and it says something like "Blossom and Cotton Candy love their tiny new friend Glory", it's cute.

Oh that is TOO CUTE!!!!

I'm not generally one for pearlized ponies, but these actually look quite nice, and ahhh my two favourite Collectors!!! :lovey: And their box is just darling.. ahhhh.... I might have to bend my "no pearlies" rule and get them.
I love how they picked the two that have pearly babies, too!! That's absolutely genius.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2023, 05:01:58 PM »
Also the two that have the most global reach, being that they were the two released in the AJ set as well. I love the concept. And I thought I didn't need any more collector ponies. Apparently I was wrong. Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2023, 12:20:03 PM »
I didn’t want any more collector ponies either.  Of the 40th release I only purchased Snuzzle and Bluebelle.  I was going to skip the rest.  But now I gotta have this Cotton Candy and Blossom.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2023, 01:08:11 PM »
I'm so tired of seeing the collector ponies being the anniversary go-to. C'mon Hasbro you can do better than that.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2023, 07:01:41 PM »
Hope they show up in the US also!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2023, 03:51:02 AM »
I'm so tired of seeing the collector ponies being the anniversary go-to. C'mon Hasbro you can do better than that.

I am too, but I mind less with Blossom and Cotton Candy. While understanding that the collectors were the first six and really important in the US release, most of them just didn't have a status in the UK. They were in the fact file but honestly, I still don't know how Minty was sold here aside the imports from the US at the very start :/ Butterscotch (Gymkhana), Snuzzle (Grooming Parlour) and Bluebelle (individual pony sold definitely through Argos) were never really marketed as going together, either. So all the hype about them as the 'collector' ponies and anniversary ponies here is not very meaningful for nostalgia purposes.

BUT Blossom and Cotton Candy are different - the first set that actually mattered here was probably the set with them, Bubbles, Seashell etc, because they were in stories and so do feel nostalgic.

I don't mind having more of those.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2023, 06:11:42 AM »
I was okay with BF releasing CC and friends for the 35th anniversary.  The only collector pony I had in my childhood ponies was CC, so I was excited to get ponies that I never had a get that went along with her and also a "new" CC because my childhood one is well loved.  Most of the BF releases I never had as a child although there are a few like CC, Moonstone, Starshine that I did.

That being said, I do think that releasing CC and friends repeatedly has been overdone now, but I am excited to see the pearly Blossom and CC. :D  I wanted pearly Baby CC to go with her mother, but I never ordered ayd of the mail order ponies.

Are CC and Blossom normal size?  They look really big compared to the tiny Glory.

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed that the 40th anniversary symbols on the collector ponies didn't happen.  At least they were different, even if I wasn't the biggest fan of them. 

I think I posted this in a different thread, but here's one of the US pamphlets that mentions the collector ponies.

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Lucky-mo2.jpg

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Lucky-mo3.jpg

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 06:48:25 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2023, 07:30:56 AM »

I am too, but I mind less with Blossom and Cotton Candy. While understanding that the collectors were the first six and really important in the US release, most of them just didn't have a status in the UK. They were in the fact file but honestly, I still don't know how Minty was sold here aside the imports from the US at the very start :/ Butterscotch (Gymkhana), Snuzzle (Grooming Parlour) and Bluebelle (individual pony sold definitely through Argos) were never really marketed as going together, either. So all the hype about them as the 'collector' ponies and anniversary ponies here is not very meaningful for nostalgia purposes.

BUT Blossom and Cotton Candy are different - the first set that actually mattered here was probably the set with them, Bubbles, Seashell etc, because they were in stories and so do feel nostalgic.

I don't mind having more of those.

I mean in the sense that hasbro defaults to them the most often, instead of making new ponies or even using other sets anymore.  25th anniversary,  35th anniversary,  40th anniversary all saw that group of ponies. Now with pearlescence!

Plus we've seen them over and again with dollymix, funko pops, loyal subjects, world's smallest, and the upcoming G1 blindbags. They're starting to become over-saturated. It gets old. Why not release G2 and G3 sets? Why not release a different G1 set? Why not make a new and exciting pony for an anniversary?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 07:33:44 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2023, 08:09:10 AM »
Hasbro is obsessively fixated on the concept of a core group. There is no intervention strong enough to help them.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2023, 08:11:48 AM »
I'm not blaming BF for this in anyway, because Hasbro likely has the final say on what can be made.

Post Merge: July 24, 2023, 08:36:20 AM

Hasbro is obsessively fixated on the concept of a core group. There is no intervention strong enough to help them.

It's certainly unfortunate.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 08:36:20 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2023, 08:51:09 AM »
Dollymix wasn't ONLY the Collectors, though, there were 15 other characters in the set.

I'm not bothered by these characters continuing to pop up. They were the first six so it makes sense to give them attention. There's a "reason" to pick them, specifically, whereas with most other sets... Like if you picked, I don't know, the second set of princesses, you could say "well why THIS set, specifically", if that makes sense? You don't have that with the collector ponies. I'm not a huge fan of the "core character" mindset but I can understand it. It does make things easier, marketing-wise.

It'd be nice if they included more characters too, but I see why they've become the go-to set. it probably helps too that they've got nice, simple designs, so they're easy to produce.

It'd be interesting to find out who exactly picks the characters for these sort of releases, if it is Hasbro or someone else.

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed that the 40th anniversary symbols on the collector ponies didn't happen.  At least they were different, even if I wasn't the biggest fan of them. 

Me too! I definitely think the designs could've been improved, but I was excited at the idea of there being a significant difference between the 35th and 40th releases. I know there ARE some slight differences between the two sets, but ngl I do wish they'd gone for the more obvious differences.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2023, 09:39:14 AM »
Dollymix wasn't ONLY the Collectors, though, there were 15 other characters in the set.

I'm not bothered by these characters continuing to pop up. They were the first six so it makes sense to give them attention. There's a "reason" to pick them, specifically, whereas with most other sets... Like if you picked, I don't know, the second set of princesses, you could say "well why THIS set, specifically", if that makes sense? You don't have that with the collector ponies. I'm not a huge fan of the "core character" mindset but I can understand it. It does make things easier, marketing-wise.

It'd be nice if they included more characters too, but I see why they've become the go-to set. it probably helps too that they've got nice, simple designs, so they're easy to produce.

It'd be interesting to find out who exactly picks the characters for these sort of releases, if it is Hasbro or someone else.

Me too! I definitely think the designs could've been improved, but I was excited at the idea of there being a significant difference between the 35th and 40th releases. I know there ARE some slight differences between the two sets, but ngl I do wish they'd gone for the more obvious differences.

I know,  I'm just saying they pop up a lot. Especially lately. They've overdone it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 01:19:40 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2023, 01:04:48 PM »
They were the first six so it makes sense to give them attention.

Does it though? Other than being the first six, there's not much to them. Year 4 ponies would make more sense imo, since they've released and re-released MLP 'n Friends, and the '86 movie throughout the run of the brand all the way up to G3. There is a much bigger chance that kids have been introduced to those ponies via media.

Heck, they could re-release it all again now, alongside BF's products.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 01:12:42 PM by DreamvalleyMLP »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2023, 01:09:25 PM »
Personally, I've always thought of Cotton Candy as being the MLP mascot. I think she is recognizable to pretty much everyone. Maybe not little kids but certainly people who would be into the 40th anniversary.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2023, 01:20:27 PM »
Just because they're the first doesn't mean they should cram them down customer's throats every chance they get. This is what kills their lines everytime.  I don't consider them all that iconic.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 03:59:48 PM by Leave a Whisper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal