collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trying my first sculpt! Need some ideas!  (Read 224 times)

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Trying my first sculpt! Need some ideas!
« on: October 28, 2013, 05:04:50 AM »
I was thinking I wanted to do some sculpting of like discord and things I was just wondering what is the best clay to use for those type of projects so they don't fall apart? Any info is great!! Thank You!!!  :biggrin:

Also, who do you think I should do first?? Need some ideas!!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:36:05 AM by snwbear24 »
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Trying my first sculpt! Need some ideas!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 02:47:08 PM »
are you using a pony as a base?  if so i'd approach it different.  If you arent, then its just deciding whether you want to paint the sculpture or use different colored clays.  Otherwise its all preference and practicality. If you dont have an oven handy, get an airdry clay like premier or creative paperclay or apoxie sculpt.  If you dont like waiting for things to dry go with sculpy and bake it!

If you are using a pony as a base then you need to find a clay that will stick and stay and not ruin the pony in time.  i personally love apoxie sculpt.  It seems to stay on the ponies the best and longest.  Sculpy works too, but it can chip off easily later depending on how thin it is.  And baking a pony can be frighting at first! I use both for different affects, if i want to repaint the whole pony i do the first, because the apoxie is not very colorful.  If i want a match i work with the sculpy, mixing colors to match the plastic. 

My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal