collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 205344 times)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1050 on: March 09, 2021, 01:00:40 PM »
I watched all of 50% Off this past weekend, hilarious as always.  Next up is Saint Young Men, then I think I'll rewatch No. 6. I'm feeling the post apocalyptic vibes, haha.  Love the visuals and music in that show.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1051 on: March 17, 2021, 01:34:16 AM »
Finished I7 and rewatched My Roomate is a Cat over the last week. I still love that series; it's so cute. Pity it isn't longer.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 17, 2021, 06:52:49 AM »
I saw a few episodes of the Inuyasha spin off

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 17, 2021, 07:08:34 AM »
My Roommate is a Cat is one of my favorite series too. :D  I need to rewatch it. I wish it was a little longer too. 

It's probably time to rewatch Yona also.

I've started watching the 2nd season of Fruits Basket and will be starting the 3rd season of Free soon.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 18, 2021, 12:42:21 PM »
I finished Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun,  I liked it but not sure how many times I will rewatch it.

I started Cells at Work but I'm not sure it's for me. I've only seen the first episode so far but it seemed that the anime couldn't decide if it wanted to be educational or entertaining.  I'm not saying that anime can't be both but so far it seems Cells at Work is trying to hard.

The palettes were adorable.

Ponyfan 

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 18, 2021, 01:13:09 PM »
I started Cells at Work but I'm not sure it's for me. I've only seen the first episode so far but it seemed that the anime couldn't decide if it wanted to be educational or entertaining.  I'm not saying that anime can't be both but so far it seems Cells at Work is trying to hard.

The palettes were adorable.

Oh I'd like to see that one!  I'm adding it to my list.

I watched Saint Young Men.  It was a pretty nice slice of life anime, with some really funny moments.  Would recommend!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 18, 2021, 04:49:06 PM »
I'm still working through Ojamajo Doremi, finished the third season Motto tonight and have started the OVA Naisho :) Naisho's one of my favourite seasons.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 18, 2021, 05:28:39 PM »
I saw a couple of eps of Cells at Work back when it came out. I showed one to my mother because it was dealing with the immune system and we have a lot of family jokes about her platelets and such. But I also feel like it's not sure whether it's science or story...

Or maybe I'm just biased because I grew up with Once Upon a Time...Life as the seminal animated guide to stuff in the body xD I'm not ready for it to be reinvented xD.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 23, 2021, 10:05:18 PM »
Has anyone ordered the season 2 part 2 of Fruits Basket from Amazon?  I have been watching it on Amazon for a while to see if there might be a drop in the price on release day since $70 is a little pricey for me right now.  Up until today I could find the set on Amazon by clicking on the limited edition set and then changing it to the standard  Blu Ray/DVD set.  Today though sometimes I can't change to the standard set or if I can, it takes me to listings from third party sellers .  Then there is a little section on the right hand side that says  "Other sellers of this item" and Amazon.com is listed.  I've noticed recently that Amazon will sometimes show third party seller results ahead of their own listings for products if Amazon is out of stock or running low on stock but it seems a little unusual that  it's taking me directly to third party sellers instead of Amazon's own page.

Edit: I tried it again today and on my desktop Amazon takes me to the correct page but  it is still acting funny on my phone.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 07:47:17 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 29, 2021, 12:30:14 PM »
My copies of Free! seasons 2 and 3 and Free Take your Marks arrived today. :D

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 29, 2021, 12:33:22 PM »
My copies of Free! seasons 2 and 3 and Free Take your Marks arrived today. :D

Ponyfan

Congrats :D
I found my disc of the movie lurking in a completely different folder last night. I think I must have taken a bunch of DVDs to London with me in carry cases, as a whole lot of my discs are not in their cases...

I rewatched Nightwalker this week. It's an old (1993) vampire anime with occasional questions left unanswered. But I kind of like it anyway. The narrative with Shidou and Riho is at least interesting, even if Yayoi's backstory is fundamentally unbelievable.

It also has an awesome theme song. Which was part of the reason I originally watched it I think...though admittedly not as awesome as Yami no Matsuei's theme song Eden <3.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 31, 2021, 07:30:26 PM »
I'm glad you found your copy of the movie Taffeta. :) 

I'm planning on getting Free High Speed Starting Days from Amazon after Yona 29 is released in the US.  :D

I saw that Fruits Basket Season 3 is on Crunchyroll's spring lineup. I didn't catch the exact date it will begin to air though.

Ponyfan

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 05, 2021, 07:58:03 AM »
Finished watching Doremi last week (and then my computer promptly gave up, otherwise I'd have posted this before >_> Still having issues with it.. *kicks it*), guess I'll have to wait for the new movie to be subtitled now! :B

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 05, 2021, 08:10:23 AM »
Finished Gourmet Girl Graffiti and Bamboo Blade.  I've started Grimgar and Natsuyuki Rendezvous (while I run on the treadmill). 

I like having DVDs with only the Japanese for when I'm on the treadmill but sometimes I want to watch those titles again and don't have time to read them when I'm not on the treadmill so it's a little frustrating. Maybe someday I'll learn Japanese, but for now I can only pick out a few words and phrases so there's hope I can actually learn it when I take the time to.

However, they have done an English dub of Emma, which I'm excited for.  I really liked that story. 

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 05, 2021, 09:00:00 AM »
I'm almost halfway through season 3 of Free. 

My Blu Ray/DVD set of Season 2 part 1 of Fruits Basket was defective so I had to send it back to Amazon.  :(

I like having DVDs with only the Japanese for when I'm on the treadmill but sometimes I want to watch those titles again and don't have time to read them when I'm not on the treadmill so it's a little frustrating. Maybe someday I'll learn Japanese, but for now I can only pick out a few words and phrases so there's hope I can actually learn it when I take the time to.

I've gotten better at being able to keep up with subbed anime but I still feel like I miss a few things since I have to read and watch the action on the screen at the same time.  I've also been able to learn a few words in Japanese through subbed anime too.

If it's late at night and I feel too tired to keep up with subbed anime I'll watch dubbed and there's a few series that I'll always watch dubbed like Fruits Basket and Sailor Moon.

I've been thinking of rewatching Yona in Japanese. 

I wish Daiya no Ace was available in the US on DVD but I think it's only been released in Japan.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal