collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 205400 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1035 on: February 19, 2021, 07:30:19 AM »
I was surprised at the POPs too, I'm glad to see something other than the usual Naruto/DBZ/Hero Academia/etc stuff though. Disappointed the versions with their animal forms are exclusives :( POP animals are my favourites. Oh well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 19, 2021, 08:12:40 AM »
Well, I don't know if anyone is looking for them but you can pre-order Yuki with the Rat on Funimation:

https://shop.funimation.com/figures/fruits-basket-yuki-soma-rat-funko-pop%21/FIG-00209.html

It looks like Shigure with the Dog will also be a Funimation exclusive but he wasn't listed.
Kyo with the Cat is supposed to be a Hot Topic exclusive but I didn't see him listed on their site. 

The characters without animals are available on Funimation for $8.99, which is cheaper than other places I've seen POPs for sale.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 10:11:47 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 19, 2021, 10:02:01 AM »
I was really happy about the Pops too. :D  I didn't realize that the ones with the animals were going to be exclusives though.   

I wonder if the line does well if they'll release more characters?  I'd like to see all of the Sohma's eventually but I know that would make the line really big.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 07:11:42 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1038 on: February 21, 2021, 05:11:23 AM »
Well, I don't know if anyone is looking for them but you can pre-order Yuki with the Rat on Funimation:

https://shop.funimation.com/figures/fruits-basket-yuki-soma-rat-funko-pop%21/FIG-00209.html

It looks like Shigure with the Dog will also be a Funimation exclusive but he wasn't listed.
Kyo with the Cat is supposed to be a Hot Topic exclusive but I didn't see him listed on their site. 

The characters without animals are available on Funimation for $8.99, which is cheaper than other places I've seen POPs for sale.

Carrehz is in the UK though. Wonder if that will still be possible - a lot of those kinds of offers are limited to US or US/Canada. Apparently stores in North America are mostly allergic to oceans, and don't like to send over them ><.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 21, 2021, 06:21:29 AM »
ToyWiz mentions they ship internationally including UK...retail price tho. I assume Amazon also potentially ships there-- but I don't see any it fulfilled by amazon right now.

https://toywiz.com/funko-fruits-basket-pop-animation-yuki-sohma-w-rat-exclusive-vinyl-figure/?gclid=Cj0KCQiApsiBBhCKARIsAN8o_4hwC7mToME-EuYLSRVUEdrRj3VfUpBHh94C8lhUlWNrN_oS_uHQTnEaAio3EALw_wcB
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 06:24:30 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 21, 2021, 12:55:59 PM »
Yeah, Amazon as a store itself normally ships to the UK from the US (there are some exceptions). I'm not sure through COVID though, at different points they've changed the rules on what they'll ship overseas.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 22, 2021, 10:42:22 AM »
Heh, thanks guys, but I wasn't really looking to buy the POPs ^^;;

Oh, I forgot to say before though, but that stream thing I mentioned before, someone actually uploaded it to YouTube after the event ended! So I was able to watch it in the end. ^^ Good thing too since one of the VAs said they didn't have plans to release it on DVD or w/e.

I'm rewatching Ojamajo Doremi, nearly finished with the first season. Hoping to finish rewatching everything before the new movie's fansubbed ^^

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 22, 2021, 07:35:12 PM »
It looks like  the Torhru and Yuki  POPs are already on backorder on Amazon.  Kyo and Shiguire are still in stock.

Carrehz, I'm glad you got the see the event on Youtube. :D

I've almost finished the 2nd season of Free.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 23, 2021, 12:29:57 PM »
Heh, thanks guys, but I wasn't really looking to buy the POPs ^^;;

Oh, I forgot to say before though, but that stream thing I mentioned before, someone actually uploaded it to YouTube after the event ended! So I was able to watch it in the end. ^^ Good thing too since one of the VAs said they didn't have plans to release it on DVD or w/e.

I'm rewatching Ojamajo Doremi, nearly finished with the first season. Hoping to finish rewatching everything before the new movie's fansubbed ^^

Ah,so glad you got to see it! That's awesome. It's a shame there won't be a DVD but at least you didn't miss out!

I've been going through more of an asian drama phase than anime of late.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 23, 2021, 12:46:57 PM »
yeah, I was worried since this fandom tends to be hit-or-miss at archiving stuff, but I guess I shouldn't have worried XD

Happy birthday btw! :)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 03, 2021, 07:25:37 PM »
My Fruits Basket Season 2 part 1, Free Season 1 and  Yuki Pop arrived today.  :D  It looks like the Hot Topic store in the mall might have the  Kyo and Tohru  Pops in stock.  They are still out of stock on Amazon.

Ponyfan 

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 04, 2021, 07:40:12 AM »
I finished Wolf's Rain last night. 

Spoiler
I hated that they killed everyone off--especially Toboe!  That was just sad!  I know they "come back" at the end but still! :wail:

Started First Love Monster.  All I can say after the first two episodes is "What am I watching?"  :lol:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 06, 2021, 04:47:44 PM »
I finished the second season of Free last night. 

I got the Kyo with cat and Tohru Funko Pops today.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 08, 2021, 02:45:52 PM »
I've been mostly watching dramas on netflix but I dipped back into anime last night and watched some of Idolish7.

The little grumbles that always haunt me with this series.
Spoiler
The female lead is a walking definition of useless. She doesn't do her job and has to be told how to do everything by a cocky teenager still in high school. Archetypal female game character - which she probably is - who is unable to do anything for herself and simpers, blushes and flaps around like a moron for most of the show.

Nagi's Japanese is so painful to listen to I want to rip my ears off every time he speaks. It's classic "Japanese person mutating their speech to pretend to be a foreigner speaking Japanese"...which ends up being worse than listening to dub pronuniciations of character names. Really. I don't know if it's as painful if you don't speak Japanese, but I can't imagine how anyone could stand listening to that in the studio and not want to hit his VA. I seriously hate his character simply because he can't speak Japanese properly >< and shoves English words in inappropriately...so clearly can't speak that right either. He's also stereotypically a foreign otaku, and blond. And he comes from a made up country. Sigh.

The band's music is horrible.

But on the positive...

Spoiler
For all the flaws, I kind of like the character development that happens in the other characters, in both bands. Even Nagi has a couple of moments, although it's not pleasant to listen to him explain them ><.

So I decided I'd watch it again, and the new episodes, and see what I missed.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 08, 2021, 07:39:15 PM »
I guess I will try to finish Evol Love.  I watched an episode today for the first time in a long time because the description had the Japanese names for the characters.  I was hoping this meant that the subs no longer had the English names but they still do. The episode I was watching ended on a cliffhanger so I watched the next episode 2.

It's been a while since I played the game chapters these episodes are based on and I know that the anime is cutting out a lot of the filler that makes the events in the game extra long but

Spoiler
I think it should have been explained how the main character returned from the alternate dimension.  It shows Haku disappearing in to a whirlwind. Zen being surround by black holes and Kira wincing in pain right before his fans start going crazy.   

In the next episode the main character is back in Loveland City.  In the game Haku helped her escape the alternate dimension before he disappeared.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal