collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Megan and Molly clothes  (Read 278 times)

megsaroni88

• Trade Count: (0)
Megan and Molly clothes
« on: March 21, 2014, 05:07:40 PM »
I got "also two naked dolls" in an eBay lot that turned out to be Megan and Molly dolls, but I felt bad for them because they had no clothes. Growing up, though all I had were Barbies and those are way too big.

I tried making them clothes but my sewing is abominable and they are so small I can't use the sewing machine.

So, are the clothes expensive? What other doll clothes, if any, fit them, too? I'm on a tight budget, I mostly buy from thrift stores and garage sales so I don't really want any offers unless they're really cheap. Sorry but I am unemployed. Still, any information I will be happy to have. And this is a little tl;dr I apologise. :redface:

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Re: Megan and Molly clothes
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 05:11:32 PM »
Well, Megans basic dress isn't too pricy, but the price raises if you want her underwear and shoes. Molly? Well, her's seem much less easier to come by >_< There ARE doll lines that fit them though! Megan fits some monster high short dresses very well, and Molly fits Kelly clothing!

megsaroni88

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 05:20:14 PM »
Well, Megans basic dress isn't too pricy, but the price raises if you want her underwear and shoes. Molly? Well, her's seem much less easier to come by >_< There ARE doll lines that fit them though! Megan fits some monster high short dresses very well, and Molly fits Kelly clothing!

Oh, good. I was planning to take them with me when I go shopping and now I know what to keep an eye out for, thanks!  :lovey:

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 05:32:33 PM »

Oh, good. I was planning to take them with me when I go shopping and now I know what to keep an eye out for, thanks!  :lovey:

Glad to be of help :) one of my Megan has been wearing a dead tired nightgown from Abby for ages just to spare her nakedness XD Others may be able to suggest other doll brands that fit them as well, though I'd tuck them in your purse for size comparisons to be sure :)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 10:19:50 PM »
I keep a Monster High dress on my Megan. This is from the 3-Eyed-Ghoul CAM set... I never found a body for the monster, so I thought that I might as well use the dress on a doll who needed it.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have no idea what that is on Molly. A Strawberry Shortcake doll that I bought at a church sale was wearing it, and since I'm customizing the doll, I decided to slip it onto Molly for modesty. I'm guessing that most SSC clothes will fit her.

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 01:49:12 AM »
OH! Kelly clothes! Hadn't thought of that!
As for Megan, I won't be much help. I had extra Non-MLP fashions for my Megan that matched the shoes and years later I found out they were Star Fairies fashions. I also had a dress from an Enchanted Kingdom Princess doll my Megan wore.
On the Barbie front, MAYBE some Stacie (1990's) clothes could fit?
Maybe Winx or Novi Star dolls have something usable?
Good luck with your search!
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 11:19:02 AM »
My Megan is currently wearing a dress from a fakie doll that I got thrifting.  She also fits the CPK mini dolls clothes (the ones that came with ponies.).   At least, somewhat.  :)

Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 01:26:22 PM »
With some clever tailoring, and perhaps allowing for dresses not closing, you can probably get most fashion doll outfit work for her. Megan's basic dress is usually relatively inexpensive to pick up as well if you want her original clothing. Molly's is a little harder to find unfortunately but some of the Strawberry Shortcake stuff fits her. Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 02:32:14 PM »
Megan can also wear Cutie Pop dresses.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal