collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Adventure: Roleplay is Magic  (Read 479 times)

Kiernan

• Trade Count: (0)
My Little Adventure: Roleplay is Magic
« on: October 09, 2012, 09:52:48 PM »
Hello everypony, I'm Kiernan, and this is a thread about Roleplaying. I've been here for only a few days, but I know that most of you have Ponysonas. I can see them.

So, some of you might be new to RP, so I'll explain a little bit. Basically, you take control of your 'role' (a pony of your own creation, in this case), and you live through them in a world that manifests in your mind (in this case, Equestria). You don't have to make the same choices you would in real life, like, if you went to a cafe in Ponyville, you could get a salad, whereas in real life, you would have definitely gone with the soup. What I'm trying to say is, it's not necessarily you in here.

Now, some of you may be veteran RPers, and know all about how they work. "The way to define what character is better is which one has the highest stats." This is not the traditional type of RPG. This game has no stats, and nopony is better than anypony else. If stats were involved, we'd have Veteran players either picking on newcomers, or babysitting them, neither of which is fun. Plus it would be near impossible to keep track of all of that, so, we're going to keep this text-based.

There are some rules to follow, too.
+First, all of the rules for the site are of course valid, as this is meant to be fun, and we don't want the mods jumping down our throats because somepony posted some inapropriate content.
+Secondly, your character is not a one-pony army, so don't go at it like you have no flaws, because that makes the game less fun. I know from firsthand experience that being better than everypony else is boring and overrated. How much fun is it when you can solve all the world's problems with a snap of your fingers? there's nothing to do after, so it's boring.
+Second and a half, this is more of a request, but, please try to refrain from Alicorn Characters. This ties into the whole "too powerful to be fun" rule. If you do use an Alicorn character, give it some kind of limitation. For example, My character, Akaitora, is is a transalatus, meaning he grew wings on his back, but since they're not natural wings, he doesn't have the ability to walk on clouds, or move them at all, because that's an inherent Pegasus power (yes, I know this loophole is what caused him to win the fight against Bloodstain, but it's impractical in any normal situation). He also has poor stamina, and can't fly for long periods of time. He also has bad social skills.
+Third, you don't play other people's characters. That's just rude. For example, if you had an amulet that allowed you to use magic, despite the fact that you're an earth pony, and someone else writes that your character just hands it over for nothing in exchange, how would you feel? Cheated. Or, at least, I'd feel cheated if it was me. I realize that this could create a problem in dialogue-heavy areas, but we're smart, so we can come up with some solution, I'm sure, at which point I'll incorporate it. You can, however, work dialogue through NPCs, like shopkeepers, or stylists, or whomever.
+Fourth, you can have up to three characters for now, but try to stick to just one. I know from firsthand experience the results of playing too many characters. They all end up being similar in interactions, and you know what's going to happen, so the fun just drains out of it. Other ponies with different ideas keep these things alive, so interact with All the Pretty Little Ponies (Kenny Loggins FTW)

More rules to come as they're needed, but for now, Let's see who wants to play, and we'll let them introduce their characters, or ask questions.

[Thread Locked: Off-Topic cannot host a role playing thread. - Eviecorn]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 10:38:40 AM by Eviecorn »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal