collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What pony was released with the mail order frilly frocks?  (Read 794 times)

Offline prettypony55

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
What pony was released with the mail order frilly frocks?
« on: February 26, 2015, 11:41:08 PM »
Hi there! I haven't collected ponies in a long time. Once I get things together Im selling what I have left. But, one thing I actually want to get is whatever pony was released with the giant stuffed frilly frocks stuffed pony. I remember it only coat 2.50$ for shipping, but cant remember the pony? Love wishes maybe? My grandfather mailed my points away and a check and bought me the pony and the plush. Years ago I sold the pony MIP. This past June my grandfather passed away, so now I want my pony back. I just want to make sure I get the right one. Thank you for any help with this!!!

Sarah

Offline Buffy

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Buffys Paradise
Re: What pony was released with the mail order frilly frocks?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 09:23:17 AM »
Do you mean Dazzle Surprise? She was the first MO Pony...
http://strawberryreef.com/Index/Name/dazzlesurprise.html

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 10:22:22 AM »
Love wishes :)
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 08:47:50 AM »
Frilly was available in 2005 - the only pony out on the points programme that year was Love Wishes. So assuming they were purchased in the sale year, that is probably who you want :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:13:29 AM »
I had just enough points to get Love Wishes as I had only started collecting G3's.  I really wanted the giant Frilly Frocks plush but the points program ended soon after so I never got the chance.

I hated how Hasbro said Love Wishes was limited but after they released a pony called Frisco which was Love Wishes but with a different name.  They had tons of her.  Must be Love Wishes leftovers.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 03:08:21 PM »
I had just enough points to get Love Wishes as I had only started collecting G3's.  I really wanted the giant Frilly Frocks plush but the points program ended soon after so I never got the chance.

I hated how Hasbro said Love Wishes was limited but after they released a pony called Frisco which was Love Wishes but with a different name.  They had tons of her.  Must be Love Wishes leftovers.

Just so you know Hasbro had nothing to do with making of Frisco or her sister pony.  Hasbro sent the Fair that year Love Wishes to give out cause they made so many of em and had em by the droves.  The fair committee had them made and sold em at the Fair.  I happily have both.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 05:25:01 PM »

Just so you know Hasbro had nothing to do with making of Frisco or her sister pony.  Hasbro sent the Fair that year Love Wishes to give out cause they made so many of em and had em by the droves.  The fair committee had them made and sold em at the Fair.  I happily have both.

Sorry I'm confused.  Hasbro had nothing to do with the making of Frisco or Love Wishes, but they made so many of them.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 05:27:30 PM by Majesty »

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 06:10:07 PM »

Sorry I'm confused.  Hasbro had nothing to do with the making of Frisco or Love Wishes, but they made so many of them.

Frisco's sister is Trolley. Both are fair committee creations, made from left over Love Wishes ponies.

(pics from the wiki)
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 06:27:26 PM »

Frisco's sister is Trolley. Both are fair committee creations, made from left over Love Wishes ponies.

(pics from the wiki)

I see.  So, why did Hasbro say Love Wishes was limited when they had plenty leftover ponies to make more of her?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 01:38:32 PM »
Because the word "limited" means very little when you are trying to sell something. Big companies who want to make money simply elaborate or tell little marketing lies.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 02:49:20 PM »
She was considered limited because you could not buy her in a store, you could only get her as a Mail Order and I think later on the Hasbro site.   Since Hasbro had so many they gave some to the Fair committee to use as the "fair pony", which then made lemonaide out of their lemons.   You did actually get a normal Love Wishes with your fair entry, it came with a sticker on the bag for the fair.  You could then buy the Frisco and they offered the Trolly at the fair and she was a surprise pony.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 04:29:35 PM »
Didn't hasbro give her away free with any pony order from the hasbro online store, too?  They really over produced her; there's probably 1,000's!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 04:38:06 PM »
Because the word "limited" means very little when you are trying to sell something. Big companies who want to make money simply elaborate or tell little marketing lies.

And I thought at the time I had a special limited pony.  -_-  I mean I'm happy looking back at having a mail order G3...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 02:19:34 PM »

And I thought at the time I had a special limited pony.  -_-  I mean I'm happy looking back at having a mail order G3...

She is special :) She is adorable and there are lots of people who dont have her. :)
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal