collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My pound puppy collection  (Read 1250 times)

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My pound puppy collection
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 11:06:49 AM »
I love Vintage PP more than MLP (Sorry folks, but it's true!), I have got mine mostly in trades and charity shops, but I've bought a few for my birthday or Christmas a few times.
 I've got about 40, mainly Hornby and a few Tonka, Irwin, a Wauzi and a Greek one. I have a few Pound Pur-rr-ees or however you spell it too, that arrived on my doorstep saying they didn't want to be seperated from their doggy friends. The last pups I found in a charity shop were the 'Mummy and Babies' set,  and 3 pups inside. The next week in a charity shop furthur up the same street I found a near identical puppy all on its own, so the mother now has 4. I am collecting Hornby merchandise too, which isn't a lot so far.
I had 3 PPs as a child, a black newborn called Huckle, then later my dad went to America and brought back a Hardees Dalmation pup. I then got a grey newborn Rumpleskin. Still have them.
One day when my husband has got his act together, I'll get my website back up, I have several PP pages. I have a couple of Mattel/Galoob ones, but I don't collect them.

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 12:21:31 PM »
Awesome collection!! I had one PP growing up in the 80's, he was just all a light brown color. I always knew him as "Scrounger", so I'm just assuming that was his real name. I also had one small Pound Purry, the orange tabby. They're so cute! ^-^

I had no idea they did other animals besides dogs and cats!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Eaglefeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 01:11:53 PM »
Wow, amazing collection! I've never seen the piggies before.  :)

Offline prettypony55

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 02:08:35 PM »
Gazebomouse -  I would love to see pictures of what you have!! I have one Irwin puppy, but the rest of mine are Tonka's. I need to find an inside person over seas to get me the hook up on the Uk pound puppies!! LOL!!

I just got a huge box of clothes, two kitties, a puppy, and a mib newborn!! I need to take new pictures!! I just love all these guys.

The piggies are quite popular it seems. There were several different sets sold. One with a mommy pig and her babies, and at least one more set with just the babies. I recently found a very unique piggy set from the UK. They look totally different form these ones!!

Ghost of dolls website has quite a bit of interesting information abut these too!!!

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 12:38:27 AM »
LOOVEEES Pound Puppies  :biggrin:  I had one as a kid and I still have him.  I don't know much about them, but I remember wanting them as a kid. 

Here's my old well loved puppy
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

Offline prettypony55

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 01:47:01 AM »
He is awesome!!!! A sitting pound puppy!! There is one of those on ebay!! So cool!! Thanks for the picture. Not thst you would ever want to sell or trade him, but i would love him!!!

Offline SunSnail

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 06:53:58 AM »
Your collection is so amazing! Approximately how many puppies and purries do you have?

Whoa, I didn't even know that sitting-position puppies were made! It's the Seashell of Pound Puppies  :lol: Does anyone know if they were made in the US, or were they exclusive to some other countries?

Happily Trading Ponies since 2003!!!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 08:45:03 AM »
Woah, amazing collection! I used to love Pound Puppies, the show was one of my favorites. I had an old VHS tape which came with the plushies, used to watch that thing over and over again :silly:

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 10:02:38 AM »
oof I had so many as a kid, I think I still have a few rattling around. ill have to keep an eye out for them since ive been trying to condense down my 80s clutter lol I love them all but im trying to have only one true collection (which is ponies, well, and one small shelf of popples) cause I just don't have the room for everything. I know I have a couple puppies and purries still, and I remember having a plastic toy of the gray spotted one that was on wheels, and its mouth opened and closed when you rolled it. *shrug* I think it might still be at my folks house. ill look next time I head out that way.

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 03:03:09 PM »
Wow, I've never seen so many of them together!  That's an impressive collection!  I used to have some as well- I remember I little pink van that turned into a playset and had the mini puppies and kitties
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline prettypony55

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 03:17:02 PM »
Thank you everyone!! I am always looking for new things to add to my collection. I just picked up a new auction on ebay with two more smush faces!! I'm so excited!!

The sitting puppy was only released over in the Uk area, not in the USA. I believe it is made by Hornby. I am not overly familiar with the non USA items, but they are all so interesting!!!! I would love to get one!!

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2013, 07:49:20 PM »

The sitting puppy was only released over in the Uk area, not in the USA. I believe it is made by Hornby. I am not overly familiar with the non USA items, but they are all so interesting!!!! I would love to get one!!

Interesting, I'm in New Zealand, so maybe they were also sold here and in Australia?  Although I suspect my parents brought him while they were on holiday in Hong Kong (I also got G1 Milkyway at the same time).

Once my son looses interest in him I might be tempted to sell ;)  his ear has been stitched back on, and his nose is a little rough (all from me when I was a child, my son is far more gentle!!)
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2013, 10:15:25 PM »
I never knew there was Pound Piggies  :P

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2013, 10:50:39 PM »
What an awesome collection! Thanks for sharing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal