collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rarity of Slumber party accessories?  (Read 300 times)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Rarity of Slumber party accessories?
« on: January 08, 2017, 07:59:54 AM »
So I've noticed that accessories from the Slumber Party gift pack come up for sale much more seldom than the Birthday Party pack accessories. Heck, I got an almost complete set of the Birthday Party accessories for only about $20, and I seldom see the Slumber Party stuff.

I just got the popcorn, TV, and cookies from Scarletjul but it seems hard to find anything from this set for a good price. Do I just have bad luck? They're such cute accessories but I find it hard to justify paying a lot for accessories when I still have quite a few actual ponies left to complete my G1 collection.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Rarity of Slumber party accessories?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 10:43:40 AM »
They are very much harder to find. I have a bunch of extras that should be hitting ebay soon (can't figure out if I want to wait until the IRS starts releasing tax funds- Mid Feb or start listing them soon, since I am in the tax biz I might have even less time in a couple months...).

I agree that the ones I see now are 250 for an incomplete set. I wouldn't pay that personally. I think it took me buying about 4 incomplete sets to finally get a single complete set, which all in all was probably the $250 after factoring in the shipping.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 03:14:16 PM »
They are very much harder to find. I have a bunch of extras that should be hitting ebay soon (can't figure out if I want to wait until the IRS starts releasing tax funds- Mid Feb or start listing them soon, since I am in the tax biz I might have even less time in a couple months...).

I agree that the ones I see now are 250 for an incomplete set. I wouldn't pay that personally. I think it took me buying about 4 incomplete sets to finally get a single complete set, which all in all was probably the $250 after factoring in the shipping.

Yeah, I saw that lot too, and was saddened by the price. The ponies themselves don't seem much harder to come by than the Birthday Party pack ponies, but those accessories are so elusive! I may just have to end up tracking them down over time as opposed to getting them all in one lot like the Birthday Party one. Thanks. :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 03:25:34 PM »
I held out and bought the set with all accessories, box and ponies. Sold the ponies on because I already had them all and made some of the money back but it wasn't anywhere near $250 even with shipping. It was about six months back, I'll go check the price. Pink Dreams had her wings but they had broken. It was on ebay. Not on here.

According to my records it was $160. In conversion at the time for me that was about £100 which was reasonable for the whole set, box and instructions in my view.

It wasn't sold in all countries, whereas there are other country releases of most of the birthday pack accessories which may be a factor in the difference. Slumber Party stuff, we;re mostly all looking at US sales ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal